[1.7.10][Twitch/Curse/FTB] InfiTech 2u: Fear the Night .8 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
Has the Warpdrive mod been considered as an addition to this pack? If not, is it safe to add the mod manually?
I am not familiar with the mod, so you would probably just need to experiment with it and with any mod you add to this pack you can greatly affect balance since the recipes will not be edited to fit in with the pack so you'd want to look into to that, especially if you plan on running a server

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble finding ore "spawns". I remember someone once told me that the way to do it was to find the center of a node, count three chunks away (not counting the one you're in), dig down, and you'll be in the center of another one. And basically just keep doing this till you find what you are looking for. I've been trying this, but it doesn't seem to be working (or maybe I'm just being dumb. I mean I suppose that in a given spot, it's possible that the ore chosen to spawn there would be above ground, and thus never spawn, but I've come across a lot of empty spots. In fact, so far only one of the spots I've dug down actually had anything (oil sand). And seeing as the node was 2x5 chunks, it's kind of hard to tell if I was actually in the center of it or not. Granted this was a while (and so probably a few versions) ago. Anyway, I just wanted to check and make sure this was still a good way to go mining and I'm just doing something wrong, or if this has changed.

scterran

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble finding ore "spawns". I remember someone once told me that the way to do it was to find the center of a node, count three chunks away (not counting the one you're in), dig down, and you'll be in the center of another one. And basically just keep doing this till you find what you are looking for. I've been trying this, but it doesn't seem to be working (or maybe I'm just being dumb. I mean I suppose that in a given spot, it's possible that the ore chosen to spawn there would be above ground, and thus never spawn, but I've come across a lot of empty spots. In fact, so far only one of the spots I've dug down actually had anything (oil sand). And seeing as the node was 2x5 chunks, it's kind of hard to tell if I was actually in the center of it or not. Granted this was a while (and so probably a few versions) ago. Anyway, I just wanted to check and make sure this was still a good way to go mining and I'm just doing something wrong, or if this has changed.

What you want to do is remember the formula 3n+1. If you press F3 and read the chunk numbers you can figure it out. If algebra is not your strongest area, then take the chunk number, subtract 1, and if the result is divisible by 3, it's the center chunk

For example:

Say that the X chunk you're in is (10) and the Z chunk is (4) - that would be a center chunk of an ore so you can dig down there. (10 - 1 = 9 and 9 / 3 = 0) (4 - 1 = 3 and 3 / 3 = 0)
X = 16 and Z = 5 would mean X is the center chunk, but Z is not, so move over 1 chunk until it's X = 16, and Z = 4
X = 9 and Z = 7 would mean X is not the center chunk, but Z is

You won't find one 100% of the time due to how the generation works, but you should find one the majority of the time. Once you've found 1 center, then you can just count 3 blocks N/S/E or W without having to calculate it again. It's still annoying and tedious though, so good luck!

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Got it. The person before mentioned the 3n+1, but didn't really explain what it meant (my algebra is fine, but that doesn't matter if you don't know what n is). They just said find the center of a node, and count three from there. The hard part though obviously is finding the first center to work off of. I didn't realize that it was based specifically on the chunk number. But I guess that makes sense. It starts in 0,0, and then goes out three from there. This info will make it MUCH easier, thank you :)

S

Sixpaq

Got it. The person before mentioned the 3n+1, but didn't really explain what it meant (my algebra is fine, but that doesn't matter if you don't know what n is). They just said find the center of a node, and count three from there. The hard part though obviously is finding the first center to work off of. I didn't realize that it was based specifically on the chunk number. But I guess that makes sense. It starts in 0,0, and then goes out three from there. This info will make it MUCH easier, thank you :)

To be clear, I think the formula holds even near 0,0. By that I mean 0,0 is NOT a Center ore chunk, but (1,1), (1,-1),(-1,1), and (-1,-1) are. Crossing from a negative chunk number to a positive one are the only places on the map where you can’t just count 3 chunks over (since it would be only 2 chunks when crossing from -1 to 1, for example). Just wanted to clarify . Good luck!

On a related note, it is tedious, but I much prefer that formulaic approach than literally randomly searching anywhere. Plus once you find a vein you will be set for awhile since they are so big

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
update .7 is out! It features mainly mod updates that have come out in the past couple months. They fix create a few rare crashes and also fixes a compatibility issue between fastcraft and optifine. Outside of mod updates some grammar issues were fixed in the quest book and tooltips.

Reactions: Boshy and Loreili

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
It was brought to my attention that the twitch version of the download isn't showing up for .7, were looking into currently. The FTB version should be showing.

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
If you have already downloaded .7 from either FTB or Twitch, you will need to re-download in order the get the correct files (if you downloaded before 2/24/2018). FTB had some issues that are now resolved

Last edited:

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I'm actually that perosn if i recall correctly :p I was not able to explain because this:
What you want to do is remember the formula 3n+1. If you press F3 and read the chunk numbers you can figure it out. If algebra is not your strongest area, then take the chunk number, subtract 1, and if the result is divisible by 3, it's the center chunk

For example:

Say that the X chunk you're in is (10) and the Z chunk is (4) - that would be a center chunk of an ore so you can dig down there. (10 - 1 = 9 and 9 / 3 = 0) (4 - 1 = 3 and 3 / 3 = 0)
X = 16 and Z = 5 would mean X is the center chunk, but Z is not, so move over 1 chunk until it's X = 16, and Z = 4
X = 9 and Z = 7 would mean X is not the center chunk, but Z is

You won't find one 100% of the time due to how the generation works, but you should find one the majority of the time. Once you've found 1 center, then you can just count 3 blocks N/S/E or W without having to calculate it again. It's still annoying and tedious though, so good luck!

Is the first time I actually see someone explain it so clearly ^_^ (Thank you very much btw.)

T

TiE

I'm playing on Recommended version, bronze macerator doesn't work. There is 1 block for steam output, however, the operation didn't want to start at all. When I put copper ore or any other in macerator nothing happens. I've tried to change his location and steam pipes location, I've tried to go on a server instead of singleplayer but macerator doesn't want to give any sign of life. Help pls!

F

Fu_Yang

Hi, EconBrony. Could you please let me use your Enchiridion config in my modpack? The content of ore distribution and machines is very comprehensive, it could be so much helpful!

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
I'm actually that perosn if i recall correctly :p I was not able to explain because this

Actually you explained it fine last time, I just couldn't remember exactly what you had said, nor could I find the conversation.

Now for a new question, about bees. I am in what is supposedly a normal/normal biome (shrublands), but my forest and meadows bees say it's too hot out. I'm guessing that either something was changed in this pack or in general and the wiki page I'm looking at is out of date. I there any way in game to find out what the temp/humidity of any given location is?