Age of Engineering Series!

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
All the Advanced Generators Turbines need Plutonium. 428 will keep you going for a while, or you could burn a fair bit hotter, and burn through the Uranium quicker to get more plutonium.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
C

Closet Gamer

Now, you'll definitely need reactors, so DO build those. But, there is also Advanced Generators (I think that's what it's called) - I think you need some plutonium for the good rotors for that, but that can kick out a nice amount of EU with the right setup (it's a multiblock) and can run off liquid fuels like Crystallised Canola and stuff.

Ok cool, so I'll probably go with this build
b4045d1b9bcd7105eaefa3e8b736ec46.jpg

It uses 7 quad fuel rods. Apparently It should generate 420EU/t with 3 plutonium per reactor cycle

Just one other thing - have you seen the cobble generators available? They're invaluable for the generating scrap in the recycler for improving the rate of production of uu-matter.

I have, in fact I made one in my next but one episode to fuel the compacted cobblestone for the void miner. What do you think is a good ratio of recyclers to cobble generstors?

All the Advanced Generators Turbines need Plutonium. 428 will keep you going for a while, or you could burn a fair bit hotter, and burn through the Uranium quicker to get more plutonium.

This sounds dangerous...I like it! :D will blast resistant quartz contain any mishaps? I remember using reinforced glass a long time ago back when they were cooked with a steady supply of ice

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Yeas, that's the one I used. I had 6 recyclers and two top tier (emerald) cobble gens but they still couldn't keep with the mass fab. I ended up with 2x 420 nuclear reactors just to power this though. Not sure what an ideal setup is though - it did okay.

Reactions: Closet Gamer
C

Closet Gamer

Yeas, that's the one I used. I had 6 recyclers and two top tier (emerald) cobble gens but they still couldn't keep with the mass fab. I ended up with 2x 420 nuclear reactors just to power this though. Not sure what an ideal setup is though - it did okay.
Sounds good to me man! Just been looking at the crafting recipes for all this stuff! I'm gonna automate a lot of it I think

C

Closet Gamer

I set the system up so it shuts down before the temperature gets dangerous and use just fuel and hull plating.
It's been a while since I mucked about with IC2 nuclear reactors so I'm quite looking forward to the setup process. I seem to remember you could get a temperature monitor that would emit a redstone signal at a certain threshold. I take it that is still in the mod

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
It's been a while since I mucked about with IC2 nuclear reactors so I'm quite looking forward to the setup process. I seem to remember you could get a temperature monitor that would emit a redstone signal at a certain threshold. I take it that is still in the mod

I think certain aspects of the system may have changed rather drastically since you played; I don't think there is a temperature monitor, and I know that when using an actively cooled reactor (which requires a vessel to be build around the reactor) DW20 has had to use a separate mod to check if the coolant level had dropped too low in order to send a signal to switch it off.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
That was from Nuclear Control, which isn't in the pack. It's now called World Control! for 1.10+, but it's less IC2 focused.

Me, I just used fancy timers.

C

Closet Gamer

That was from Nuclear Control, which isn't in the pack. It's now called World Control! for 1.10+, but it's less IC2 focused.

Me, I just used fancy timers.

I suppose if I monitor it's heat generation over time and have a redstone timer to shut it off for a cooling period that would work... Maybe?

I think certain aspects of the system may have changed rather drastically since you played; I don't think there is a temperature monitor, and I know that when using an actively cooled reactor (which requires a vessel to be build around the reactor) DW20 has had to use a separate mod to check if the coolant level had dropped too low in order to send a signal to switch it off.

This is all gonna end in tears! Haha!

Closet Gamers conscience said:
just load it up with quad fuel rods, it'll be fine!.

This sounds like a fine plan!

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
How did you handle the potential meltdown issue?

I believe everyone is talking about the totally safe 420 design. That setup will not generate more heat than the design can handle so it has no chance of a meltdown. Then you just automate it with some filters to only remove completely depleted fuel rods and then add in fresh ones as there are not any other open spaces they could accidentally land in. Its Ronco! just set it and forget it. :D

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I believe everyone is talking about the totally safe 420 design. That setup will not generate more heat than the design can handle so it has no chance of a meltdown. Then you just automate it with some filters to only remove completely depleted fuel rods and then add in fresh ones as there are not any other open spaces they could accidentally land in. Its Ronco! just set it and forget it. :D
Ohh OK - I thought he meant load the whole thing up with Quad fuel rods! :D

C

Closet Gamer

Episode 29! In this episode I get my vertical digger setup with the phantom boosters fitted. I also hook up a rudimentary sorting/auto-smeltig system.

Thanks everyone your all your good advice, tips and enthusiasm :) hope you enjoy.

C

Closet Gamer

Sounds like a good sturdy build. Now, I'm wondering whether to go all out and build 4 of these powering 2 mass fabs along with 2 tier 5 cobble generstors feeding 6 recyclers. Is this overkill? Will I end up tearing it all down in a few ages time?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Sounds like a good sturdy build. Now, I'm wondering whether to go all out and build 4 of these powering 2 mass fabs along with 2 tier 5 cobble generstors feeding 6 recyclers. Is this overkill? Will I end up tearing it all down in a few ages time?

Honestly, from what I've seen? No. The things you can make, or make cheaper and easier with UU Matter make it always worthwhile to have mass fabs going. The plutonium generated will also be very useful for a number of things, including building more efficient ways of generating higher amounts of EU, and its a slow process to get it. I feel like you'll be using them in some way, shape or form right up until you're getting towards the last chapters.

C

Closet Gamer

Build a nuclear reactor they said... It'll be fun they said...
f4a4d21f2b7eb29983c67af1e63010a1.jpg