[1.10.2] Age of Engineering

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
hey guys. this might be really really stupid question: where can I find complete mod list/count except not downloading it? thank you for putting with this.

On curseforge if you look at any project and then go to the files section and finally select the version you wish to see, then when you scroll down all mods that are hosted on curseforge will be listed there. For this pack it also has Foamfix and Mechanism (it has not updated to the version that just moved to curseforge so the older externally hosted version is still in use).

S

ShadowKing345

Hello I'm on version 1.0.1 (release) for the twitch launcher and there is a serious problem with the game crashing when you use the Ender Tether from Dark Utilities. The mod author has already fix the issues you just need to update the mod.

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
Hello I'm on version 1.0.1 (release) for the twitch launcher and there is a serious problem with the game crashing when you use the Ender Tether from Dark Utilities. The mod author has already fix the issues you just need to update the mod.

Qvist is aware, I believe he has said if you are on single player you can update the mod without any issues, you could also use the http://wiki.enderio.com/Attractor_Obelisk instead. He will continue to collect updates, test them in bulk and then push out a new release as time allows.

Keep up to speed with the modpack over on the Discord server https://discord.gg/QkvUrxM

The support channel helps keep people aware of the known bugs and necessary work arounds that are needed to make an integrated pack like this work.

Off the top of my head other open items are the Immersive Engineering Cloche cannot accept any Extra Utilities seeds without causing a world breaking crash, MC Edit can fix it or you can use a backup...
To make an Actually Additions battery you might need to put a small amount of power into the Calculator power module, it works as intended for some and not for others but one of the two ways will work.
Forestry carpenters sometimes wont let you put a new fluid in them even though you fully used up the previous one, break and replace to continue.

epikGG

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, have an issue. Bounced around for a good 20 minutes finding villages, trying to get back home I get within a couple chunks from my base and it won't load the chunks. I have tried Save and quit, it'll freeze and crash and i'll end up back at the last village I was at. Not sure what is going on and I don't see a crash reports folder in my AgeOfEngineering folder am I looking in the wrong spot?

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, have an issue. Bounced around for a good 20 minutes finding villages, trying to get back home I get within a couple chunks from my base and it won't load the chunks. I have tried Save and quit, it'll freeze and crash and i'll end up back at the last village I was at. Not sure what is going on and I don't see a crash reports folder in my AgeOfEngineering folder am I looking in the wrong spot?

I seem to be the only one monitoring this thread so I will again recommend heading over to the Discord server https://discord.gg/QkvUrxM There is usually a decent number of people there that can help troubleshoot through an issue.

With weird stuff like this I would start off by making a backup of the world save folder so you have a saved place to go back to. F3 and A will reload visual chunks maybe that is all you need to try. Then try opening your game to LAN and enabling cheats, see if you can get back with creative flight. Try changing your video settings, make sure mipmap is set to zero and try setting the chunk view distance down to something smaller to see if that changes things. Have you set a home with FTB utils? you could try that command or is your bed still set as your spawn? You could see what happens when you die. Not sure if any of these ideas are any good or not but I thought I would throw some out there.

M

MomoCow

This is what I encountered as the bug report in the link.
https://pastebin.com/Mg6rQKat

That is the time when I put on stone armor of TinyProgressions, I was immediately logged out.
I failed to re-login to the server and the server reported such exception as the link provided above.

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
This is what I encountered as the bug report in the link.
https://pastebin.com/Mg6rQKat

That is the time when I put on stone armor of TinyProgressions, I was immediately logged out.
I failed to re-login to the server and the server reported such exception as the link provided above.

Stone armor is a bugged item with the version of Tiny Progressions running in the pack. You will need to load a backup or use an editor to remove the item from your player inventory.

Also if you upgrade to version 1.0.2 that was released today the config has been changed to disable stone armor so that should solve the issue as well (but I have not tested that).

Reactions: ICountFrom0
R

R_3_K

Hey Qvist! there is an issue with the weather stations, they don't want to render. tried a fresh install without optifine and they still don't render when placed. just an fyi plus the_elder_sign found a way to jump to age 10 by the time we are in age 5. we will be going over it on our next stream

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Qvist! there is an issue with the weather stations, they don't want to render. tried a fresh install without optifine and they still don't render when placed. just an fyi plus the_elder_sign found a way to jump to age 10 by the time we are in age 5. we will be going over it on our next stream

Not sure if he still reads this thread but he is very active over on discord: https://discord.gg/QkvUrxM

Y

Yeno

Hi, can I ask you a question please ? My friend and me, we are playing this (btw awesome <3 ) modpack, but I have small issue. When we set up our TIC basic setup, but my friend is seeing " Part Crafter " and he can craft parts just clicking the part patterns, which are showing next to that (on left), but I see just " Part Builder " , and I must get patterns in my inventory, and that craft them into parts. Thx for your reply, Yeno <3 And thx for an awesome modpack.

danny_djdk

Jan 31, 2016
Wisconsin, US
www.youtube.com
DW20 is playing your pack!! That's so awesome!

I'm a little mad that he beat me to it though. Now, when I start playing it, it's going to seem like I'm just following him. lol.

We're planning an SMP stream series with this pack soon, but it's been taking time to coordinate schedules. I'm really looking forward to it. I've been tinkering around, and I really like the progression. And the best part is, since I'll be playing with others, I might not even have to touch IC2! :D

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. First off, good pack, still in the early stages but I'm liking it ok so far. Though, and I am probably being an idiot or reaching too far, I'll freely admit that, feel free to hit me across the back of my head if I am. To make a Tinker's cast I need gold or aluminum brass. To mine gold or bauxite for aluminum I need, according to Waila, a diamond pick axe. This pretty much means early game I can only smelt 9 ore at a time and make the block form to convert to ingot form. Is this correct or am I stupidly missing something? Obviously not clay, clay can only be used once which isn't helpful when it eats one ingot to make an ingot cast to make one ingot. >.< So it seems to me that what I said above is true, block to ingot early game then later when I get a diamond pick axe (or equivalent) I can branch out and make an ingot cast to make ingots?

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
@llloyd
This description is always a bit weird and confusing. Diamond-level actually means, that the pickaxe can mine everything up to diamonds. Diamond-pickaxes then have obsidian-level of mining.
So making an iron pickaxe (I think either with a clay-cast for the head or vanilla) can mine all that you need for making casts. (since iron has diamond-level of mining)

[edit]
So when waila says "Diamond/cobalt" or so in it, it actually means which mining-level you need for it.

Last edited:

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
Oh! Ok! Good! I was thinking that was the kind of pickaxe I needed. o_O So I was like "Diamond, really? Ok, this is suppose to be harder."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I am not alone, Direwolf20's series on AOE, episode 2, he says the same thing I thought. >.<

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I am not alone, Direwolf20's series on AOE, episode 2, he says the same thing I thought. >.<

Just saw it. And also seeing that the pack seems to use the one probe, so now I'm not sure if it shares the same system about what it shows you with waila.
However, in worst case and the pack actually wants you to use a diamon-pick there is a way around actually needing diamonds: You can make a obsidian-sharpening-kit (obsidian can be made directly in the smeltery by adding water and lava with a bucket into one of the drains).
Together with a flint and you can upgrade an iron-pickaxe to obsidian-level (which is pretty much a diamond-pickaxe).

So in case everything what I said aboth was wrong (so one probe actually uses a different system in showing the mining-level) you still can get around finding diamonds. Just need one more clay-cast to get the sharpening kit.

[edit]
Aaaand I should have watched another minute of the video before posting *ducks*
A bit later you see "Pickaxe (Stone)" when looking at stone with a sword in his hand. So it shares the same system waila does (since you can mine stone with a wood pickaxe which is stone-mininglevel... so confusing! x.x)

Last edited:

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
Just saw it. And also seeing that the pack seems to use the one probe, so now I'm not sure if it shares the same system about what it shows you with waila.
However, in worst case and the pack actually wants you to use a diamon-pick there is a way around actually needing diamonds: You can make a obsidian-sharpening-kit (obsidian can be made directly in the smeltery by adding water and lava with a bucket into one of the drains).
Together with a flint and you can upgrade an iron-pickaxe to obsidian-level (which is pretty much a diamond-pickaxe).

So in case everything what I said aboth was wrong (so one probe actually uses a different system in showing the mining-level) you still can get around finding diamonds. Just need one more clay-cast to get the sharpening kit.

[edit]
Aaaand I should have watched another minute of the video before posting *ducks*
A bit later you see "Pickaxe (Stone)" when looking at stone with a sword in his hand. So it shares teh same system waila does (since you can mine stone with a wood pickaxe which is stone-mininglevel... so complicated! x.x)
Nope, iron worked fine for me and Dire realized that too when reading the Tinker's book and he made a bronze pick that works.

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
Also, thank you, I was trying to remember how to get lava in to the smeltry to make lava wood.

H

HydraSlayer

I don't know if it's just me, but I didn't start with the ftbu guide so I have no clue what I am supposed to do.