[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Jason you are a machine. The fact that it's even on your list to make a mod like that if necessary is testament to that. Thanks for making such great packs! I've never made it past even MV before something come up and I start over lol. But I have tons of fun anyway . Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. It would not be possible without such an awesome team (@Blood Asp , @Pyure , @Xavion and even @Timeslice with his nagging :p ) And of course the great community in here.

neigenoir

Jul 29, 2019

Attachments

• crash-2017-04-21_23.01.20-client.txt
    4.4 KB · Views: 89
A

Agrax

Hello, it's me again! Okay, so now my problem lies in the efficiency. There's my setup:

BJgjg8X.jpg

So... There is a problem on line 1 and 3. I know that on line 1 the problem lies in the thermal centrifuge, but... Is there a way to make it work, so my batteries dont get suck out of ennergy after 15 ores, when th. centrifuge and ore washing plant are working? Anyways... There is a more important thing. The electric blast furnace works for like 7 iron ingots, turning them into steel and then it shuts itself up. Coz there is no more juice in the battery. I want it to run like... smoothly. Idk what to do. I changed the pipes for ender conduits even (in creative) and the thing is still happening. How can i make it work like planned? Are the machines too far away from the tank or what?

T

Tiphon

im looking for ways to exchange items between players. I've heard about trade station but it's medium age mechanism. What else i can do? Something from thaumcraft maybe?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
im looking for ways to exchange items between players. I've heard about trade station but it's medium age mechanism. What else i can do? Something from thaumcraft maybe?
If you just mean casually trade items, you can definitely use thaumcraft. Make two magic mirrors. Place one, link it with the other, then place that. Then you just throw things through and they appear on the other side.

For a bit of automation, be aware that you can pipe things into a mirror (although I don't think you can pipe them out the other side). You can also use hoppers or vacuum blocks to scoop up items that come through.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiphon

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hello, it's me again! Okay, so now my problem lies in the efficiency. There's my setup:

BJgjg8X.jpg

So... There is a problem on line 1 and 3. I know that on line 1 the problem lies in the thermal centrifuge, but... Is there a way to make it work, so my batteries dont get suck out of ennergy after 15 ores, when th. centrifuge and ore washing plant are working? Anyways... There is a more important thing. The electric blast furnace works for like 7 iron ingots, turning them into steel and then it shuts itself up. Coz there is no more juice in the battery. I want it to run like... smoothly. Idk what to do. I changed the pipes for ender conduits even (in creative) and the thing is still happening. How can i make it work like planned? Are the machines too far away from the tank or what?
If the steam tank is almost always full, the solution is more steam turbines, more batteries, and possibly more cable amperage. 2x basic steam turbines means you're generating into your batteries, at most, 32*2 eu/t. Your batteries are able to output 8x32 eu/t, which they gladly will.

Also, if 38x means 38-blocks-long, you need to be aware that fluids dont go through GT pipes in a predictably efficient manner. I never ever try to power turbines with such long pipes.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
So last modpack update is going out in couple hours.
v3.2.21
Quests:
- "Better Steam Storage" - Updated information about Railcraft tanks (automatic output and where the tank stores information about the liquid)
- "Bio Flight" - Quest now detects jetpack that has been worn, used and refilled.

Changes/Fixes:
- Fixed desh nugget crafting into ingots (crafting table, packager)
- Naquadria Arrows are craftable
- Endium Ore is again macerateable
- Finally fixed naquadah generation in Asteroid Dimension (Workaround)
- Disabled ProjectRed Bench due to Dupe Exploit
- Prevented SG chevrons to move (thanks @Nex4rius)
- Fixed infusion recipes with shards
- Fixed compressing of Thaumium Blocks

A

Agrax

If the steam tank is almost always full, the solution is more steam turbines, more batteries, and possibly more cable amperage. 2x basic steam turbines means you're generating into your batteries, at most, 32*2 eu/t. Your batteries are able to output 8x32 eu/t, which they gladly will.

Also, if 38x means 38-blocks-long, you need to be aware that fluids dont go through GT pipes in a predictably efficient manner. I never ever try to power turbines with such long pipes.

So... more generators mean that the generators will not run out of steam? Coz now im experiencing the thing that at the begginning my generators are emptied and later batteries too.

About the pipe thing- told ya that i tried to change for ender fluid conduits, which just teleport the fluid from one location to another, so its not just gregtech fault. Ermmm... But You may be right that 38 blocks long line could be inneficient. I was trying to replicate what Jason did in his let's play- a big tank on the rooftop. I think his setup worked well, so im not really sure what am i doing wrong :D I just messed smth up

@Jason McRay You have any tip 4 a begginer? Like for example why did your setup worked (season 3) for you, using just regular fluid conduits and mine, using even pressurized ones didn't. Is that coz i split one line in 3 separate ones? One bronze boiler supporting 3 lv generators and 1 mv?

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019
Theres a mailbox from forestry.
You need steel and some bee stuff from early game bees, but I think it's mostly early game

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
So... more generators mean that the generators will not run out of steam? Coz now im experiencing the thing that at the begginning my generators are emptied and later batteries too.

About the pipe thing- told ya that i tried to change for ender fluid conduits, which just teleport the fluid from one location to another, so its not just gregtech fault. Ermmm... But You may be right that 38 blocks long line could be inneficient. I was trying to replicate what Jason did in his let's play- a big tank on the rooftop. I think his setup worked well, so im not really sure what am i doing wrong :D I just messed smth up

@Jason McRay You have any tip 4 a begginer? Like for example why did your setup worked (season 3) for you, using just regular fluid conduits and mine, using even pressurized ones didn't. Is that coz i split one line in 3 separate ones? One bronze boiler supporting 3 lv generators and 1 mv?
Seems to me like your not outputting enough steam. Have you tried using multiple (2 or 3) outputs that all converge onto the same line before reaching your generator?

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
No, I'm just addressing what seemed to be your original point: that you had lots of steam but insufficient power.
It seems you've confirmed that the pipes are indeed a problem. Also: ender fluid conduits (the top tier ones) do indeed transport fluids automatically but they also still have a maximum extraction and throughput rate which you can see in the enderio config file.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019

The important thing is being able to extract enough steam through the pipes. EnderIO conduits have maximum IO, BUT their throughput depends on viscosity (or whatever) of the fluid. Steam can be very easily compressed so adding more extraction points does help. I do have a world save if you fancy looking at the things: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/jasons-infitech-2-lets-play-world

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019

BJgjg8X.jpg

Unify your power system: all production goes into a single, mv battery buffer with several batteries in it. Run a line out of it that can handle the number of batteries in amps. Transform down as needed. This way your generator capacity is fully available to all machines, not sitting idle while the other side is drained.