Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
R

rgrosera

When i go to Place an item either in my terminal or chest everything is somewhat greyed out even tho i have drives and sufficient power.

Attachments

• 2017-03-12_14.25.50.png
    2017-03-12_14.25.50.png
    824.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 2017-03-12_14.25.46.png
    2017-03-12_14.25.46.png
    884.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 2017-03-12_14.23.57.png
    2017-03-12_14.23.57.png
    772.1 KB · Views: 47

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
@rgrosera your NEI search bar is yellow. Double click inside of it. That will change it back to white and remove that greyed out effect. That is meant to locate items in chests. When yellow it darkens everything except things that match what you type in the search bar.

R

rgrosera

Ya but it still wont let me put items into my Terminal. I can hover the item over the Terminal space but it wont accept the items/let me place inside the terminal

R

rgrosera

Its acting like i can place an item but wont.

Attachments

• 2017-03-12_14.50.42.png
    2017-03-12_14.50.42.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
V

Viperion

My solution is to use Curse to edit packs and browse the mod repository, but I use MultiMC to launch packs. It's much lighter on CPU load, doesn't add uneditable (and conflicting) junk to my Java arguments, and allows me to change icons for my packs for easy visual identification (also allows me to create groups, like Custom and FTB which separates them from one another).
Could you provide a step-by-step on this? I'm very interested in getting this to work (esp with the Twitch takeover of the Curse client) but I've tried and failed to get MultiMC running nicely before. Thanks!

R

rgrosera

OK so I have a very basic me system but for some reason I cant place items into the terminal. Its fully powered and has plenty of space but i still cant put anything in. And the me chest has a lock over the top of it insted of the squares.

Attachments

• 2017-03-12_14.25.34.png
    2017-03-12_14.25.34.png
    819.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 2017-03-12_14.50.42.png
    2017-03-12_14.50.42.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
  • 2017-03-12_14.04.53.png
    2017-03-12_14.04.53.png
    525.8 KB · Views: 62

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Could you provide a step-by-step on this? I'm very interested in getting this to work (esp with the Twitch takeover of the Curse client) but I've tried and failed to get MultiMC running nicely before. Thanks!

Unfortunately, I'm still quite new to MultiMC - I have a custom pack set up, and now Beyond. It took me a while to get Beyond up an running on it, since I'm basically brute forcing myself to learn as I go. I would benefit from anyone else's guide as much as you, I'm afraid.

The biggest reason I switched over was Curse adding its own Java arguments, even if you clear them out, and they interfere/override a wonderful set that has been referenced a few times here on the forums. My computer is subpar to start, so everything I can do to eek out more performance is critical, and the switch (and the better garbage collection setup) has helped tremendously. Some day I'll Google-Fu to actually learn how to set it up without frustrations, but for now I've gotten it functional despite my overwhelming derp.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
If you go into the profile options of your instance, you can unlock the pack to make alterations, including renaming the instance. Changing the picture is a whole other ball of wax, as I've not found a way to do that without publishing your own pack (likely wouldn't be verified with a copy of Beyond, lol). My solution is to use Curse to edit packs and browse the mod repository, but I use MultiMC to launch packs. It's much lighter on CPU load, doesn't add uneditable (and conflicting) junk to my Java arguments, and allows me to change icons for my packs for easy visual identification (also allows me to create groups, like Custom and FTB which separates them from one another).

I did a quick google search on this, and found that I need to either
A: point multimc to a zip file of the mod pack
B: use another program to import from curse to multimc

Is there an easier way?

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I did a quick google search on this, and found that I need to either
A: point multimc to a zip file of the mod pack
B: use another program to import from curse to multimc

Is there an easier way?
You can abuse the Vanilla launcher settings to mirror the modpack. Just pull a copy of the mods to the default Minecraft (mods & config folders,) find the same version of Forge and install inside the vers folder, and create a new profile pointing to the Forge-altered instance.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk

Yijare

Jul 29, 2019
unfortually not. MultiMC does not convert the modpack.json to an instance.cfg

also the Curse Launcher Twitch-Launcher will try to install only on C:\ - not everyone is d'accord with this, but they they dont give a shit. I'd rather use the FTB-Leagacy Launcher than Curse Twitch-Launcher. So it turns out i wont be playing some modpacks because of it.

OK so I have a very basic me system but for some reason I cant place items into the terminal. Its fully powered and has plenty of space but i still cant put anything in. And the me chest has a lock over the top of it insted of the squares.

you likewise forgot to put an Biometric Card into your ME Security Terminal, so that your UUID can acccess the Storage

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
How in the heck do you automate the Resonator from ExtraUtilities2 using RefinedStorage? I want to make it craft the Upgrade Base, yet the only time I've ever got the thing to "automate" was when I had a tree farm going and pushed Charcoal into it (using Alloy Smelters).

I tried putting the Crafter on the top of the Resonator, facing down. It refuses to accept the request, and my Crafting Monitor says "No machine found". Clearly an incompatibility.
Google, is absolutely no help with this. Nether is Youtube (giving me a bunch of ExtraUtilities2 spotlights).

Last edited:
V

Viperion

It took me a while to get Beyond up an running on it, since I'm basically brute forcing myself to learn as I go. I would benefit from anyone else's guide as much as you, I'm afraid.
Can you tell me how you pulled Beyond out of the Curse Launcher and got it going in MultiMC? I can probably figure the rest out... maybe ;)

Also:
a wonderful set (of Java arguments - Ed) that has been referenced a few times here on the forums.
Can you point me to these?

T

TLHPoE

In version 3.0.8 of SkyFactory 3, is there a block that automatically simulates a player right clicking?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
How in the heck do you automate the Resonator from ExtraUtilities2 using RefinedStorage? I want to make it craft the Upgrade Base, yet the only time I've ever got the thing to "automate" was when I had a tree farm going and pushed Charcoal into it (using Alloy Smelters).

I tried putting the Crafter on the top of Resonator, facing down. It refuses to accept the request, and my Crafting Monitor says "No machine found". Clearly an incompatibility.
Google, is absolutely no help with this. Nether is Youtube (giving me a bunch of ExtraUtilities2 spotlights).
maybe use a chest as a proxy then item conduit the items into the resonator (if item conduits dont work try other things that move items)
In version 3.0.8 of SkyFactory 3, is there a block that automatically simulates a player right clicking?
exu2's(extra ultilites 2) mechanical user

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
maybe use a chest as a proxy then item conduit the items into the resonator (if item conduits dont work try other things that move items)
When you say to "use a chest as a proxy", do you mean like a buffer chest? And if so, how would the Crafter know a chest is a machine? It's looking for a machine, but a Resonator apparently isn't one.

The only other thing I can think of, is an Interface (and have Weighted Pressure Plates go in), yet that would be a waste of resources and craft way too many.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
When you say to "use a chest as a proxy", do you mean like a buffer chest? And if so, how would the Crafter know a chest is a machine? It's looking for a machine, but a Resonator apparently isn't one.

The only other thing I can think of, is an Interface (and have Weighted Pressure Plates go in), yet that would be a waste of resources and craft way too many.
By the pattern type. As long as you use the processing pattern type rather than the crafting pattern type (as I presume you have done), the crafter will output the items to be crafted. It doesn't actually look for a machine, it looks for an inventory in which to place the items (as opposed to when it uses a crafting pattern type, where it crafts it internally). What you could do, is have your buffer chest, then have a filtered transfer node on it and an item filter on the resonator, the latter set to a single item. That should ensure that only one is crafted at a time. Then, have the finished item pulled out of the resonator either using an importer filtered to the end product (if that works) or some sort of transfer node back to the buffer chest and the importer on that. Importers put things back in the system, if I've remembered that correctly?

EDIT: Of course, this all depends on whether its possible to push items into the resonator at all - that, I'm not sure of. Its worth checking that with a hopper.

Reactions: Everlasting2

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia

I tried putting the Crafter on the top of Resonator, facing down. It refuses to accept the request, and my Crafting Monitor says "No machine found". Clearly an incompatibility.
I don't know, I just tested it and it works fine. Unless you really made a regular pattern instead of processing pattern.
opAhhSy.png

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I built a mob spawner/juicer at my base using openblocks fans and extra utilities conveyors, with spikes in the middle, feeding into a vacuum hopper (no water so it can farm ender pearls). I keep looking down there and seeing that I've lost a converyor here and there, and the block itself ends up put back on the shelf where it came from (that part is normal, the whole thing is connected to the auto sorter 9000). What is breaking this block?

I have Mo' Creatures installed and I'm not sure I've seen everything it has to offer. Is there some rare mob that blows up when it dies or something? I know there are big ogres that throw explosives, and there are skeletons that shoot exploding arrows, and there are golems that pick up and throw blocks, but don't none of these do anything unless there's a player to attack in the first place? Every time I look down at it (It's blocked in with dark glass so I can watch the carnage from above) all I ever see is mobs spawning and getting pushed into the middle and dying.

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
For people asking about MultiMC I have used it on my laptop in order to obtain some performance gains. A quick search found this as a nice guide for getting started with it, I also was unaware of the symlink option in windows so I will have to try out those steps myself. The comments listed further down in that thread also make mention of 3rd party downloaders so you could bypass the entire curse client if you wish to go that route.

https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebea...st_of_both_worlds_tutorial_using_multimc_and/

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I am using Storage Drawers compacting drawers to consolidate different ores using the ore dictionary. But, in order for this to work, I am using item filters with extra utilities filter pipes to presort the ores to be cooked first. This lets me split off 36 from the group, but I still have more I want to include. I'm looking for a better solution that doesn't involve filling half my basement with a tangled web of pipes.

When I look at the item filters with Ender IO pipes, the description on the wiki says it has options to use the ore dictionary. Before I go and learn a new system of piping, does that mean what I think it means, in that I could just put any one of the copper ores and it will automatically sort out all of the copper ores for me? Just want to confirm before I have to go and re-run all my lines all over again.

Edit: NM, I really dont' want to use the ender IO pipes right now. Anyone know of a better option? Or is there a way to get the EU filters to use the ore dictionary, too?

Ugh. looks like I'm looking for TD pipes/filters, but those look like a pain in the butt to make... Welp, gotta do what I gotta do, I guess.

Last edited: