Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
I have had some problems showing up with the dimension reset, if you crash java before logging out there is a chance that the dim generator will not delete the chunk data(high risk of corrupting your save doing this), but this also does some weird things when you log back into the dim

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Can I just delete the world folder for the dimension? Because it's persisted between quite a few sessions, I've probably gone in like four or five times to the same one.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I've heard that OGG is kind of a terrible audio format, anyways.

As an aside, I keep getting a CME when trying to craft the ender crystals. Tried explicitly loading my pylons and casting area, but no dice. I can do rituals just fine, it seems to be a bug strictly with casting.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
The whole "dimension resets" is kinda a mixed bag.

On one hand, as it was explained to me, each person needs their own copy of the dimension in multiplayer in order for the placement of the puzzles to be sensible. (No, I haven't even begun to progress far enough to understand that).

Second, you need more copies of the puzzles because apparently you have to be able to raid the structures multiple times for spare parts.

But at the same time, it's an absolutely lovely place to set up a base. Or just explore.

It's like ... you'd want one single shared instance with no structures that could be used as a big endgame base, perhaps that you could only get to with a ritual from all 16 cores. That each person could go to, and share, that would not reset. And, on that of that, each person would have their own personal, non-sharable puzzle dimension.

But if you can't reset the puzzle dimensions, you run into things like a color blind, or deafness problem. Or perhaps there's another issue with another puzzle.

Not to mention that if it never clears out, you'll have a lot of wasted disk space eventually, with all the exploring/travel needed out there.
You are completely missing the mark. In a server environment, once one player completes a structure, it would be permanently unavailable for anyone else. I do not trust server admins to reset dimensions.

If everything is randomly generated, does that mean I could theoretically get the other 15 cores without ever needing to do the music puzzle if I reset enough times?

No. The color-type mappings are based on overworld seed.

Me neither, and I'm deaf.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk
That puzzle should still be feasible.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
You are completely missing the mark. In a server environment, once one player completes a structure, it would be permanently unavailable for anyone else. I do not trust server admins to reset dimensions.

The idea is that each person has an individual resetting dimension for puzzles and spare cores, and there is another one, that you get to after completing all 16 puzzles, that is shared and does not reset. But does not have puzzles. Just the nice location for a common shared base.

I don't trust admins to reset dimensions either. But forcing a dimension to reset when you want to build there, to use it for something other than puzzles...

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
The idea is that each person has an individual resetting dimension for puzzles and spare cores, and there is another one, that you get to after completing all 16 puzzles, that is shared and does not reset. But does not have puzzles. Just the nice location for a common shared base.

I don't trust admins to reset dimensions either. But forcing a dimension to reset when you want to build there, to use it for something other than puzzles...
So a new dimension for each player, potentially with multiple generating chunks at once, therefore multiplying the disk and CPU usage dramatically?

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
No worse than two different people exploring different areas of the overword at the same time, or one exploring in the overworld while another explores in the nether, or just being in different mystcraft ages, or twilight forest, etc.

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
Would having the current one dimension system for the cores and then having a second dimension without the cores and structures, and that doesn't reset, work?

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
That's how I envisioned it would work. One resetting dimension for progression, one shared dynamic dimension (most likely gated) for buildinh.

metnavman

Jul 29, 2019
Posted this to the Github issues section already, but putting it here as well for wider visability:

Chromaticraft ME Distributor placed on top of a Rotarycraft grinder. Set it to check for Cave Crystals, and then set a random Crystal Shard color as the output. Set the ME Distributor to check Fuzzy/Ore match and ignore NBT. Input whatever Cave Crystals to the ME Network you want. All Crystal Shards will be output as the shard color you set in the distributor, regardless of the color Cave Crystal placed in the network.

Further testing shows that it's actually changing the CAVE CRYSTAL into the selected color. Placing a random selection of Cave Crystals into the system outputs them all as the selected color shard. If I'm standing by the grinder, I can actually just pull all the Cave Crystals out of it when they get dumped in, effectively changing the type of Cave Crystal to whatever I want at will.

Edit: Checking to see if setting the color of Cave Crystal the same as the Shard output in the ME Distributor is causing it.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Besides which, one could (roughly) recreate it using RFTools dimensions. If memory serves, the dimension's biomes do pop up as dimlets.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
The biomes are great, but what about they skybox? It seems odd to be that impressed with sky, but it's beautiful.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
How do I activate the warp glass in the complex spaces puzzle? Looking through it does nothing, and I can't interact with any blocks around it.