[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Will that mean, that IC2 will be added again to the pack?
No. It was an issue that came up with some mods shipping an incomplete IC2 API, or referencing it in certain ways when adding compatibility. It finally got worked out.

killermen962

Jul 29, 2019
How do I disable the Special supply crate info thing? I shift click things around and its so annoying to see that box open and take up my entire screen

L

logana60

I can't seem to turn in "Initial Research" the first quest. Pressing "Detect/Submit" does nothing. Any Ideas?

killermen962

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to turn in "Initial Research" the first quest. Pressing "Detect/Submit" does nothing. Any Ideas?
Soil samples? You need 5 dirt, sand and 1 gravel

Edit: If your talking about "The Ferret Business" Thats not a quest but a dis-claimer I think

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
How do I disable the Special supply crate info thing? I shift click things around and its so annoying to see that box open and take up my entire screen
This is getting fixed in the next update, which should be Monday or Tuesday. It was a bad UI choice on my part!

The first quest, {Crackling Radio Transmission} has no objectives, its there for story reasons.

Yellow lines point to red quests, which are the ones available to you.

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
You can use the QDS (0.1.4) or the ODSS (0.2.0) to submit items, but you can't auto complete them repeatedly. You need to open the book and claim the reward in either case.

I know about that, but I have a reasonably fast farm so it fills up within ~30 sec for each item and I don't want to keep clicking the redeem button. Oh well :p

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I know about that, but I have a reasonably fast farm so it fills up within ~30 sec for each item and I don't want to keep clicking the redeem button. Oh well :p
Hm, I can probably do a larger quest or set of quests for them.

Actually let me think on that, might be able to add more quests in that vein now.

G

GhostVamp

Since you're doing quests, I might have found a nasty problem with Better Questing.
It happened with 2 different worlds and a fresh install.
When I do the Ferret Admin quests, the book bugs out meaning it doesnt allow me to complete quests that have a "choose one" option and i cant click on the arrows to check what are the needed things to complete the quests.
Also, it keeps showing a popup about having completed the draconium ingots quest. And doesnt seem to stop.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
When I do the Ferret Admin quests, the book bugs out meaning it doesnt allow me to complete quests that have a "choose one" option and i cant click on the arrows to check what are the needed things to complete the quests.
Actually I've tracked down where it breaks, and its during the Draconic Evolution questline, not the Ferret Admin quests.

Currently working on fixing the issue. It's extremely weird.

svenmeys

Jul 29, 2019
Looking from a UX point of view :

Must say that I already miss the original quest completion sound of HQM. The experience globe sound just doesn't have that much *DING* to it.

Also, every time I open the quest view I have to navigate to the quest I was on. It would be so much nicer if it opens the same view you had when it was closed the last time. The full screen is also a bit scary because now I cant see stuff approaching and trying to kill me while I'm handing in a quest. I'm guessing those are better questing issues and not related to your pack.

Realy looking forward to the release though!

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I've sorted out the issue with the Draconic Evolution quests in the beta.

If yours are broken, you can do a /bq_admin reset all [playername], or open up the Draconic Evolution page and highlight the quest with your cursor while holding Shift. It will list a number, and you can use /bq_admin reset [number] [playername]. Avoid the Draconic Evolution questline until release (I'm not going to upload a Beta D version at this point)

Must say that I already miss the original quest completion sound of HQM. The experience globe sound just doesn't have that much *DING* to it.
I will see if I can use the sound in BQ as well.

Also, every time I open the quest view I have to navigate to the quest I was on.
I'll suggest this to the Better Questing dev, along with a few other things.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Okay, I've sorted out the issue with the Draconic Evolution quests in the beta.
while we are talking about DE 2 questions/requests id like to ask : 1. how do you get the draconic flux capacitor there is no quest for that in the armaments tab (ive completed the draconic armor quest and staff of power quest and every other visable quest on that page besides dragon gate and round the world) and its tooltip accordng to nei says i get it from that page in the quest book
2. Can we get a way to buy draconic cores in bulk sort of like how u can buy 9 draconium(the block) at a time , its very clicky buying them (to make the awakend core,draconic energy core or when doing wyvren cores in big batches ) even if u have all the vouchers u need for them in an arms reach

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
1. how do you get the draconic flux capacitor there is no quest for that in the armaments tab (ive completed the draconic armor quest and staff of power quest and every other visable quest on that page besides dragon gate and round the world) and its tooltip accordng to nei says i get it from that page in the quest book
Whoops. Thought I had added the recipe for it, but apparently not. Recipe has been added for it now.

2. Can we get a way to buy draconic cores in bulk sort of like how u can buy 9 draconium(the block) at a time
Just added a 5x purchase quest for Draconic Cores.

Reactions: Everlasting2
Z

Zoriac

Are there plans to add a bunch of other bulk orders as well? For instance: Glowstone?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Are there plans to add a bunch of other bulk orders as well? For instance: Glowstone?
Eventually yeah. I want to get the mechanics finally ironed out before I start adding a lot of stuff to both the Store and the Bulk Order system.

And quests. Many more quests.

L

logana60

This is getting fixed in the next update, which should be Monday or Tuesday. It was a bad UI choice on my part!

The first quest, {Crackling Radio Transmission} has no objectives, its there for story reasons.

Yellow lines point to red quests, which are the ones available to you.

well I can't select any other quests they all say they are locked until you complete the first one which I can't submit or get past :/

Z

Zoriac

...I want to get the mechanics finally ironed out before I start adding a lot of stuff to both the Store and the Bulk Order system.

And quests. Many more quests.

Awesome!

I just wanted to add that this is by far one of my favorite mod packs, and right now it's the only one I'm playing. I can't wait to see how far it grows and I'm really happy that it's still in development and has someone that is so active in the forums leading it!

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
well I can't select any other quests they all say they are locked until you complete the first one which I can't submit or get past :/
That's...weird, I've tested multiple times from the start and not had that issue.

Try doing /bq_admin complete 13 [playername] to register it complete, or /bq_admin reset all [playername] to reset all quests and maybe trigger it properly.

If you are using the latest version of the Beta, this is what the initial research page should look like on a new world / reset progress.
X2K4TaW.png

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
That's...weird, I've tested multiple times from the start and not had that issue.

Try doing /bq_admin complete 13 [playername] to register it complete, or /bq_admin reset all [playername] to reset all quests and maybe trigger it properly.

If you are using the latest version of the Beta, this is what the initial research page should look like on a new world / reset progress.
X2K4TaW.png
Caigan. Might as well just put a checkbox...

Sent from a phone running tapatalk OS