[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
How should we get the draconic evolution stuff? The Better Questing doesnt seem to allow for repeatable quests and HQM doesnt have those options anymore.
Oops, that's my fault, I forgot to check if the DE quests had the repeat settings ported over properly.

When I tried to open my world file for ferret business yesterday, I received the following:
This means something corrupted your level.dat. You can repair it by opening the folder for the modpack, and in /minecraft/ftbutil-backups/ are the 10 most recent backups.

Find the latest one, open up the zip, and extract the level.dat from it to replace your corrupted one.

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
Did a quick fly-through yesterday on the beta. I am reminded again how gorgeous RWG is. And the java options you suggested are great, thanks.

My only concern from that angle so far (and in previous versions) is the spawn rate of the rougelike dungeons. While the new structures up top are nice (and some make good starter bases), it feels a little overcrowded.

Glancing at the config, I see spawnFrequency=10 set. Based on the mod's wiki, that's a possible rate of 100 dungeons within a 300 chunk radius. I found that a slight tweak - say 11 or 12 - was enough to stop them from clashing too badly with the world. They would still spawn frequently enough to be an interesting early source of FMC. ;-)

Things are looking good otherwise; Decent startup set, and <3 the clipboard - nearly fell out of my chair laughing at that one. :) Should have more time late tonight, to copy my old world to that instance and test a few things.

Reactions: ExplosiveCoconut

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Glancing at the config, I see spawnFrequency=10 set. Based on the mod's wiki, that's a possible rate of 100 dungeons within a 300 chunk radius.
Oh huh, I thought it was a percentage based setting and just left it as it is. Yeah that's a decent change to do.

----------------

I'll probably have a Beta Update B later tonight for the weekend. =)

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
upload_2016-8-5_17-48-6.png

So I've got 10 copper, 10 tin, 10 bronze and 5 invar, but it isn't working. am I doing something wrong here?

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
It just struck me, that the | maybe is being used as a separator rather than an "or" sign as I first assumed xD

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
It just struck me, that the | maybe is being used as a separator rather than an "or" sign as I first assumed xD
Yeah, I'm using it as a separator, but I'll probably switch back to using Commas like I did when first writing them. Not sure why I switched to | as a separator.

S

StrommKral

First off, we like your pack, it has provided us with a way to compete with each other and help each other at the same time. I am running this on a private server. I like to use Steve's Factory manager as an early AE system, as it reads the quantities in all sizes of the storage drawers. I use it to keep parts on hand for quick crafting, they are stored in a chest near my crafting table. However, after i enter several commands, about 50 or so, problems start to happen. all the mobs, start glitching, they will stand still for a few moments, then move quickly 3-4 blocks, then stand still again. the animals move a block or two. It's a crazy then seeing them all do this dance all it at once. I ran into this awhile back when running the Unabridged modpack on AT. I though it was too many mods, and switched to Ferret B. But alas it's still happening. I used Steves in Crash Landing without any problems, with over 500 commands. it was an older version for 1.6. So how do I know its Steve's? I broke the command interface, losing all progress/program commands. and the problem/dance went away. I logged into my old Unabridged world and did the same, it fixed it too. I hope i explained this enough for you to understand the problem I have.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I hope i explained this enough for you to understand the problem I have.
Hm, unfortunately Steve's Factory Manager, along with the rest of the Steve's mods, haven't been worked on in over a year.

I'll investigate if this is a persistent issue for everyone or if there is something I can do about it. From there I'll decide on what to do about the mod.

S

StrommKral

Hm, unfortunately Steve's Factory Manager, along with the rest of the Steve's mods, haven't been worked on in over a year.

I'll investigate if this is a persistent issue for everyone or if there is something I can do about it. From there I'll decide on what to do about the mod.
thanks, i didn't know if you know this was happening, as it's not a popular mod. I had 78 commands in Unabridged when it started, and only 35 in Ferret B. Oh well guess I'll have to go the AE route.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
thanks, i didn't know if you know this was happening, as it's not a popular mod. I had 78 commands in Unabridged when it started, and only 35 in Ferret B. Oh well guess I'll have to go the AE route.
Agreed, I love the mod a ton, but if it causes issues with even slightly elaborate setups, then I'll have to consider keeping it or not.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
The Ferret Business 0.2.0 Beta B Release!

INSTRUCTIONS
CLIENT DOWNLOAD
SERVER DOWNLOAD

This will be the final beta until Monday, when I submit it and any last minute fixes to the FTB team. This means you folks get the weekend to break things.

NOTE : If you are updating an existing world you are testing, you will need to use the command /bq_admin default load
This will update your Better Questing quests to the latest version, which contains an update quest.

MINI PATCH NOTES

• Updated some FMC scripts to fix issues
  • Changed the Bulk Order Deed text to use commas instead of |, because I'm not sure what I was thinking
  • Added a starting quest that will tell you the currently loaded QUEST Tablet version. Complete the quest will run /bq_admin default load for you.
  • Updated Better Questing - Standard Expansion mod
  • Roguelike Dungeon spawn frequency is less. Now roughly 70 in a 300 chunk area, instead of 100 in a 300 chunk area like before.
  • Cleaned up the HQM quest file. Before it was 777 KB large, even though it only had about 40 quests in it. Now it is 33 KB
    • This is due to the old quest file containing all previous quests, as deleting them would not free up their slot in the database, and give no easy way of bringing them back. HQM has a 1024 quest limit, and freeing up the unused quests not only makes loading the HQM book faster, it also removes the worry of me hitting the limit when adding lots of items to the shop over time.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
QUICK NOTE
Apparently the import function for HQM didn't import the blind bags rewards like I was expecting, so Blind Bags do not work.

I will put up a fix in the morning, its nearly 1 AM here.

Sorry about that folks!

IceLord

Jul 29, 2019
Again for v1.4, problems finishing contracts, although I might just not be understanding the mechanism.

Very minor - The quest page on handing in the sets of 20 things from mobs automatically jumps into one of them, can't remember which, so if you click on the section, you then have to click back one to get to the overview page of the section.

I'll let you know as I find more.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Again for v1.4, problems finishing contracts, although I might just not be understanding the mechanism.
Show me a screenshot of your current attempt?

CZQvPac.png

I just noticed if you are trying to fill a Cheap Contract - A Little Metal, there's a typo in the amounts. It should be 5 Copper Ingots, not 3.

Very minor - The quest page on handing in the sets of 20 things from mobs automatically jumps into one of them,
Yeah this is an issue with HQM's UI. Any quest underneath the button to open that quest page will get automatically opened as well. =T

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way of auto completing quests? I have a mob farm and I want to pipe some of the loot to exchange for coins.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way of auto completing quests? I have a mob farm and I want to pipe some of the loot to exchange for coins.
You can use the QDS (0.1.4) or the ODSS (0.2.0) to submit items, but you can't auto complete them repeatedly. You need to open the book and claim the reward in either case.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
The Ferret Business 0.2.0 Beta C Release!

INSTRUCTIONS
CLIENT DOWNLOAD
SERVER DOWNLOAD

Unfortunately I couldn't leave the previous beta as is, with a core component broken (Blind Bags). Thus Beta C!

CHANGES
  • Open Modular Turrets and Fluxed Crystals 2 - Ferret Edition have been updated. The issue with IC2 has been fixed!
  • Blind Bags are fixed
  • Legendary Blind Bags now have a slightly larger chance to pull Good Bags from them, due to the lack of a larger variety of Amazing Bags.
  • Aura Cascade and MineFactory Reloaded Blind Bags are removed from the pool for now, due to a few balancing issues.
  • Some minor quest and ore dictionary fixes.