[Listed] 1.7.10 - Simply Magic [HQM][Magic][Light][Tutorial-Themed]

F

Fixxitt

Love the pack Drastic!!!

Question for anyone out there - I have quite a few different farms going and would like to delete all the experience orbs that are dropping. I used brain in a jar for now, but after 40 levels, I don't believe it keeps sucking them up. Any advice?

M

Minecraftpawnda

I just got Into this modpack yesterday. But I already bumped Into a problem. How can I make a witches cauldron? I tried by going on the witchery wiki and look up the recipe for the paste (forgot the name of it) but when I try and make it in my crafting table nothing happens. I can't even find the recipe for the actual paste in the game. Can someone help me please?

Reaperjtm1

Jul 29, 2019
You make the annoitment paste with the 4 primary Witchery seeds. Right click a cauldron placed and will change.
Oh, and my mistake was I only placed one bucket of water, like thaumcraft cauldron, it needs 3 if I remember to work.
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

M

Minecraftpawnda

You make the annoitment paste with the 4 primary Witchery seeds. Right click a cauldron placed and will change.
Oh, and my mistake was I only placed one bucket of water, like thaumcraft cauldron, it needs 3 if I remember to work.

Thank you, I did manage to figure it out by my own (google helped me though), now I got the witche's cauldron set up, I filled it with 3 buckets of water and I got a block of lava beneath.. However it doesn't work. Am I suppose to put down the cauldron after I put down the lava or? Because I did it the opposite way...It just refuses to boil. :(

M

Minecraftpawnda

I think it has to be a fire, not lava...

Oh I see, well that makes sense. Just one last noob-ish question I want to mine obsidian. As I noticed the iron pickaxe has less durability does this also go for the diamond pickaxe? Or is it safe to use it to mine obsidian?
I just want to know before I go of a waste 3 diamonds on a pickaxe that doesn't work.

Reaperjtm1

Jul 29, 2019
You can use thaumium, or mana steel those both work as well. So yes even vanilla pick iron up has less durability.

M

Minecraftpawnda

Okay so it feels like I'm going all nuts here, but I just found something called Nightshade primus and daybloom primus (in the wild) but when I hit one of them they just broke (didn't drop anything). Not even shears worked on them, is there any use for them? And how can I harvest them?

nightshade primus.jpg

Reaperjtm1

Jul 29, 2019
You cannot move them, make them, or spawn them they ONLY appear naturally they are slightly more powerful, permanent day blooms and nightshade. Find a patch and setting up base near it during the beginning is a good way to start botania. They are in the lexicon, the passive flowers will die off, unless you use overgrowth seeds on the grass block under them. Once you use the seed though that soil cannot be moved.

M

Minecraftpawnda

Hmm , I see well I already set up a base but it's not 100% permanet yet. I suppose I could move it closer to the nightshade and daybloom primus. If they're that good.

Reaperjtm1

Jul 29, 2019
Good at first, they are still slower than even hydrogeneous passive flowers so later they arn't worth as much due to such slow generation. Munchidew is one of my favs and arcane lotus.

Timid

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing this pack for a little bit now, mostly because I have to try anything with DD's name on it now since Hubris was soo amazing. <3
Was wondering what people have been using for item transportation? I noticed the lack of the EnderStorage mod, which has always been a goto for me. So I watched some magic themed lets plays, and noticed this amazing thing, Chest Binding Seals. Sadly, those were removed due to lag and bugs and whatnot. So now I'm not entirely sure what to use and was wondering if anyone had some recommendations. Some context as to what I'm trying to do.. I had planned on setting up a tree farm, and a wisp farm with some liquid death for the essentia crystals, and I wanted to send these items to their own respective drawer systems in my base. Any suggestions would be awesome. Thanks! c:

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing this pack for a little bit now, mostly because I have to try anything with DD's name on it now since Hubris was soo amazing. <3
Was wondering what people have been using for item transportation? I noticed the lack of the EnderStorage mod, which has always been a goto for me. So I watched some magic themed lets plays, and noticed this amazing thing, Chest Binding Seals. Sadly, those were removed due to lag and bugs and whatnot. So now I'm not entirely sure what to use and was wondering if anyone had some recommendations. Some context as to what I'm trying to do.. I had planned on setting up a tree farm, and a wisp farm with some liquid death for the essentia crystals, and I wanted to send these items to their own respective drawer systems in my base. Any suggestions would be awesome. Thanks! c:
Thaumcraft mirrors is what I'm using

Timid

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft mirrors is what I'm using

For some reason I thought these only worked with essentia.. Have you tried using these without providing them with centivis? Do they become ridiculously slow?
I'm playing on a server with ClearLag, which loves to delete items on the ground, and from what I've read, you have to drop items onto the mirror for them to go through to the other side. I'm worried about the speed of the mirrors.

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason I thought these only worked with essentia.. Have you tried using these without providing them with centivis? Do they become ridiculously slow?
I'm playing on a server with ClearLag, which loves to delete items on the ground, and from what I've read, you have to drop items onto the mirror for them to go through to the other side. I'm worried about the speed of the mirrors.

Right now I have a hand mirror only, as a way to "send stuff to storage". No idea if they become too slow without CV. But if you use a hungry chest and you empty it fast, the items should not be in world for too much time. Probably best to test it in creative

Timid

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't had a chance to look into the ars transport crystals, mainly cause when it comes to ars I have no clue what the heck I'm doing, but the mirrors are working nicely! Atm I'm killing wisps with liquid death, and sending all the drops to be melted and crystalized. Gonna change the system tho for a bit to throw it all into the QED. I'm not entirely sure how to go about sorting the crystals from the etheral essence.. so I guess I'm just throwing it all in for now. xD