[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody know of a good video walkthrough or how-to for the mekanism fussion reactor? I've got lots of D-T fuel now and i'm ready to build the reactor, but i'm kinda lost on how to build it, and how to hook it up, etc. The lasers, amplifiers, ports.... it's all a little overwhelming the first time.

EDIT: I think i found one, if you have one you like please feel free to suggest it though.

EDIT2: no, he was doing well, but then skipped like 3 steps and said "and there is it! A fusion reactor!"

Last edited:
Reactions: dmtryzhkv

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody know of a good video walkthrough or how-to for the mekanism fussion reactor? I've got lots of D-T fuel now and i'm ready to build the reactor, but i'm kinda lost on how to build it, and how to hook it up, etc. The lasers, amplifiers, ports.... it's all a little overwhelming the first time.

EDIT: I think i found one, if you have one you like please feel free to suggest it though.

EDIT2: no, he was doing well, but then skipped like 3 steps and said "and there is it! A fusion reactor!"

I think DW20 built it manually and recorded it (can't check right now :( ) and he is definitely showing how to turn it on a few times in a few different episodes.

Reactions: seanbrockest

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome, I think I have it figured out.

I've also figured out that I've got no reason to use it yet, lol. Seriously, what base needs THAT much power. My current induction matrix would be filled with power in under a second.

Who needs that much power? Why is this quest in the pack in the first place?

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome, I think I have it figured out.

I've also figured out that I've got no reason to use it yet, lol. Seriously, what base needs THAT much power. My current induction matrix would be filled with power in under a second.

Who needs that much power? Why is this quest in the pack in the first place?
Probably Applied Energistics ME network. :p

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
Probably Applied Energistics ME network. :p
If you're smart about it, the only major draw would be from autocrafting, and if you're not doing that often, an 'off' switch for that section would be a good idea.

My network currently is made of one controller, a crafting terminal, about five import/export buses, and two 'main' interfaces (one to the Storage Controller, another to a dual Mark VII chest). Came out to about 100 RF/t, which is more than handled by the six Ethylene gas generators I have (with space for three more if needed). Longer distance access (including cross-access to the magic mod storage) is handled by interfacing with a Corporea network. At worst, I will need to replace some of my normal cable with dense cable. Oh, and I do have an off switch for the ME power, though I don't use it anymore.

I'd say that the Induction Battery is far more useful (as an energy buffer) than Fusion in this case. Mek 9's new transporters could be a bit of a game-changer though. [Edit - the lack of both Extra Cells and Thaumic Energistics also makes me apathetic to wide-scale use of AE. If even one of those were in, I'd be having a MUCH larger power pressure.]

Last edited:

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
If you're smart about it, the only major draw would be from autocrafting, and if you're not doing that often, an 'off' switch for that section would be a good idea.

My network currently is made of one controller, a crafting terminal, about five import/export buses, and two 'main' interfaces (one to the Storage Controller, another to a dual Mark VII chest). Came out to about 100 RF/t, which is more than handled by the six Ethylene gas generators I have (with space for three more if needed). Longer distance access (including cross-access to the magic mod storage) is handled by interfacing with a Corporea network. At worst, I will need to replace some of my normal cable with dense cable. Oh, and I do have an off switch for the ME power, though I don't use it anymore.

I'd say that the Induction Battery is far more useful (as an energy buffer) than Fusion in this case. Mek 9's new transporters could be a bit of a game-changer though. [Edit - the lack of both Extra Cells and Thaumic Energistics also makes me apathetic to wide-scale use of AE. If even one of those were in, I'd be having a MUCH larger power pressure.]
That's true, extra cells/thaumic energistics would fit in nicely. I've never really pushed into AE with Regrowth...By the time it's available I already have a large drawer network for storage and a base reaching Corporea network to get what I need where I need it...

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
So I was thinking: we have a magic endgame goal, why not a tech one? I was thinking Galacticraft. Much like how Millenaire requires endgame Botania, Thaumcraft, and early Blood Magic, Galacticraft would require endgame Mekanism, AE2 and AcademyCraft. The machines would be disabled and the components would be given other recipes. And it wouldn't just be a novelty goal either: In the Asteroid belt, the final place you go with vanilla Galacticraft, the ore you mine is Ilmenite. Which smelts into Titanium. I propose that if you get that far in tech, you can get this Ilmenite Ore and smelt it directly into pure titanium/send it into a Mekanism ore quintupler. You can then make an essence for this Ilmenite, which would also require either Millenaire or endgame magic stuff, as the final goal of the pack.

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019

an important detail about the fusion reactor that was not really mentioned anywhere when i was looking into it, is that you have to feed it deuterium and tritium, and not D-T fuel.
The whole fuel injection system will not not work with D-T fuel and it will just burn all the fuel at once.

ariosos

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing this again just to kind of challenge myself to see how much I could get through by memory and without using the quest book (it's really fast the 2nd time around! Granted, playing Infinity Evolved Expert Skyblock probably plays a part in it, too, and the fact that I edited the config to make bonemeal spread a mutating since I don't like that grind. :p).

Just a few things I remember what I didn't like about Regrowth and could be improved on (just read about that updated version that's being worked on - it's funny, I was just thinking, "If there was a squeal to Regrowth made...") -

1 - The quest book being required to progress through some parts. Namely, getting copper/iron. Sometimes I just like playing without using the quest book. I'll probably dig around and see how to edit quest book scripts and go add some copper/iron runic altar recipe.

2 - Some agricraft plants are grindy. Seems like there's some plants (Botania) that take over 48 bonemeal just to mutate (again, I turned that option on), or, if I don't use bonemeal, it can take literally THREE HOURS to decide to mutate to the next set of crop sticks. It's fine on a server if maybe the area's chunk loaded (spawn chunks), but not as fun for single player.

3 - There's ores. Kinda. :p I believe the lore said that there were no ores, so having the Mekanism/AcademyCraft ores just seems odd, and annoying when you're digging a base and there's an ore block in the way. Just a minor thing, though.

I'm hoping to see if there's more bee quests this time around. Last I played was nearly a year ago, and I know there was mention of more quests in one of Direwolf20's videos. (When I played it, the tech mods weren't even added).

Last edited:
N

Nevar_Darkmoon

How do you get Infernal Bees? Are they only found in hives in the Nether?

You can make a modest hive (NEI will show you the Botania ritual on how to make it), then toss it into a mana pool with an Alchemy Catalyst below it to transform the hive into another type. Keep tossing the resulting new hive into the pool till you get the hive type you want. (Believe all the hive types area available though this method.)

N

Nevar_Darkmoon

Just like to thank the authors for this mod pack and the work you are doing on it. This has become my most favourite mod pack... ever. I love that it is teaching/directing me with the quest book to try unique solutions that was so easily done in previous mod packs. Not including MFR, Open Blocks, etc in the pack is hillariously fun. Not having my AE system up by the 7th MC day is feeling wierd and strangely refreshing.

Have encountered a few bugs, (will list below), but considering how much tweaking all the mods have recieved to "fit" the mod pack is amazing. I love how tailored the mods are to this pack... and how logical the progressions seem to feel.

Bugs:
1. When first loading the game and checking an NEI recipe from the journal (by pressing the r-key over the item) it crashes the client. (can send a bug report if you need one)
2. The Way the World Works quest "Smells Like Power" can not be completed. Incense required to be crafted doesnt register for quest completion. Fixed via spawning in an OP Edition quest journal.
3. The Way the World Works quest "Another Side Another Story" can not be completed. Quest doesnt register the updated Elven Guard Botania book. Fixed via spawning an OP Edition Quest journal.

One think i would LOVE to be added to the mod lists would be some kind of builders wand. (if you dont want Extra Utilities in the mod pack -completely understand why no for balance- then maybe from Better Wands?)

From the comments i have read here, a lot of people dont like the grind to get the Botania flowers. (understandable). Just make a note for them someplace in the quest book that you can get 4 petals from a large botania flower which is achieved by planting a single flower petal into the ground. One bone meal on it makes it insta grow and sheers give you the flower which yields 4 petals.

Again thanks for this mod pack. Loving it!

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I will say that getting your initial essence from the quest book did feel a little contrived and didn't flow.

Frankly though I have trouble trying to think of a better way to do it. If Magical Crops was a nessesary facet for this pack, I have no idea of how you could provide it in world in a way that would not lead it to just being farmable outside of Magical Crops.
Technically if you for some reason hated Magical Crops you could have worked your way through mining the nether.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Just like to thank the authors for this mod pack and the work you are doing on it. This has become my most favourite mod pack... ever. I love that it is teaching/directing me with the quest book to try unique solutions that was so easily done in previous mod packs. Not including MFR, Open Blocks, etc in the pack is hillariously fun. Not having my AE system up by the 7th MC day is feeling wierd and strangely refreshing.

Have encountered a few bugs, (will list below), but considering how much tweaking all the mods have recieved to "fit" the mod pack is amazing. I love how tailored the mods are to this pack... and how logical the progressions seem to feel.

Bugs:
1. When first loading the game and checking an NEI recipe from the journal (by pressing the r-key over the item) it crashes the client. (can send a bug report if you need one)
2. The Way the World Works quest "Smells Like Power" can not be completed. Incense required to be crafted doesnt register for quest completion. Fixed via spawning in an OP Edition quest journal.
3. The Way the World Works quest "Another Side Another Story" can not be completed. Quest doesnt register the updated Elven Guard Botania book. Fixed via spawning an OP Edition Quest journal.

One think i would LOVE to be added to the mod lists would be some kind of builders wand. (if you dont want Extra Utilities in the mod pack -completely understand why no for balance- then maybe from Better Wands?)

From the comments i have read here, a lot of people dont like the grind to get the Botania flowers. (understandable). Just make a note for them someplace in the quest book that you can get 4 petals from a large botania flower which is achieved by planting a single flower petal into the ground. One bone meal on it makes it insta grow and sheers give you the flower which yields 4 petals.

Again thanks for this mod pack. Loving it!
Just a quick comment from the Peanut Gallery: Items 2 and 3 have been fixed in the update we are testing now. Item 1 I have encountered with 4 specific items (Magical Fertilizer, Garden Trowel, Purple, and Cyan Mystical Flower seeds) that crash the client every time.

P

Proudlove

Just created an account to chime in and say that my wife and I are loving this pack. So fun and refreshing from all the, "everything and the kitchen sink," packs out there. Keep up the great work.

Nathan

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Those similax wands are OK but it doesn't substitute for the builders wand very well. Then again they do have some features that builders wands don't. You can't bridge an unreachable gap with builders wands.

If similax could place wider areas and have a method to break/ unbuild then they would be perfect.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
You can make a modest hive (NEI will show you the Botania ritual on how to make it), then toss it into a mana pool with an Alchemy Catalyst below it to transform the hive into another type. Keep tossing the resulting new hive into the pool till you get the hive type you want. (Believe all the hive types area available though this method.)
No, there's only about 13 different types available that way. Unless that's been expanded in later versions, I'm on 0.8.8.