Murder at Monocon Game Thread!

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
You win, guys. I'll take it like the hairy little scum you see me.

##Vote Lethosos.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
It was an interesting day to say the least. Today, everyone decided to kill pyure. He caused us to kill the medium! How dare he! But pyure had other plans. He presented his brother Lethosos for the chopping block, who clearly had no idea what was going on. Everyone started voting for leth, even leth himself! Fun fact: lethosos thought it was a vote for mayor. He was so excited. But to everyone else, it was business as usu- oh my god it's a wolf

As the voting ended and lethosos was about to be hung, a massive rabid-looking werewolf sprang out of nowhere and killed poor erindalC. Upon inspection of his room, you find out that he was yet another ordinary chap. Wow. Three nights in a row, an ordinary chap was killed. It must be some sort of a pattern.

Anyways, they went back to the lobby to hang poor lethosos. They stepped him up to the noose and he was just so happy. He thought it was a mayoral sash. He even started giving a speech but was interupted by someone saying it wasn't an inaugaration it was an execution. Leth asked why and they said because he was a wolf. Leth confessed to it but didn't understand why that meant he was going to be killed.

So they put his head in the noose and kicked away the chair. Sure enough, he turned into a wolf and died. You think he may have been the stupidest wolf you've ever seen.

The following night nothing of note happened, but the next morning you heard a scream coming from strikingwolf's room. He was dead, stabbed 3 times in the chest. From a cursory look around the room, it was plain to see that he was the MuscleMan! What a waste of raw manly power!

Then, a message came in over the intercom. It said to gather in the lobby. So you did. When you got there, you saw pyure standing there, with a large rabid werewolf standing directly behind him. He said it was time to end this debacle. He called out SoraZodia and Vikestep to join him. When they got up, the rabid wolf bit them, then killed them when they turned. All that was left was the remaining members of CROST and the two wolves, the rabid one reverting back to his corpsecat form.

You knock at the door and say there's three wolf corpses in here. A policeman comes in and sees the corpses and lets everyone out. Pyure and Corpsecat escape without any issue.

However, the policeman finds the investigator's notebook next to the corpse of Vikestep. This notebook had the names of every CROST member in the hotel. Every one was arrested. Someone Else 37 was given the death penalty for his long history of assassination as the Wasp. RealKC was sentenced to 20 years for multiple counts of aggravated assaults as a Grunt. RobijnVogel was sentenced to life in prison for his many counts of thievery as the Unicorn. Fowltief was let go, as they couldn't find any evidence of wrongdoing. However, without a purpose, his life quickly spiraled until he took his own life. 016nojr was convicted for first degree murder.He's currently serving life in prison.

Vote summary: http://pastebin.com/cdNNGJbx

• ErindalC was killed by the rabid wolf! He was a Chap!
  • Lethosos was lynched! He was the moon-moon!
  • Strikingwolf was killed by an adulterer! He was the Muscleman!
  • GAME OVER!
Winners:
  • Pyure the Wolf!
  • Lethosos the moon-moon!
  • Corpsecat the Rabid Wolf!
Surviving Losers:
  • Vikestep the Investigator!
  • SoraZodia the Chap!
  • Someone Else 37 the Wasp!
  • RealKC the Grunt!
  • RobijnVogel the Unicorn!
  • Fowltief the Janitor!
  • 016Nojr the Murderer!
Roles: http://pastebin.com/zdunUyb9 (ignore the numbers that was just RNG stuff)

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Somehow, nobody ever suspected vikestep to be the investigator.
Definitely not. I'd expect him to snipe me on D1, and here he was backing me up the entire game, like a boss.

Goreae, you saw my reasoning, where did I screw up? Did I miscount the town?

dylanpiera

Jul 29, 2019
Every time I have a PM going with pyure, he ends up fucking me over because he is wolf,

then I don't make a PM with him for a couple of games, and do again when he is a wolf.

I really need to stop messing that up so badly lol.

gg

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
pyure-to-crost said:
My actual biggest problem with the plan is simply that I know who the last 4+1 town are and we can wrap this game up if SE37 poisons whoever I tell him to poison.

Tonight:
* 1 Wolf dies, dylan murders Town2, SE37 poisons Town3. Dylan becomes crost. Town now has 3 members (one is poisoned), wolves now have 2 members. This is an awesome ratio for wolves.

Tomorrow:
* Wolves + Crost lynch Town1 ( we have the numbers for that), Wolves Murder Town2 with rabid kill to ensure no shenanigans, Dude who was poisoned dies.

All town are now dead. Including Investigator. Its a numbers game, I just need Crost to play along.

The biggest point of my investigator claim isn't really to get away with it. I just wanna see who objects to it.

I'm checking now to see where I screwed up. I'm guessing it was 3+1, not 4+1, but that means I lost track of a dead town somewhere

edit: btw, yes, I was considering claiming investigator.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well shit. I'm an idiot. I should have had Nojr convert on the second day, not the first. I'm so sorry guys on crost, that was the dumbest mathing I've ever done :( :( :(

AND because I totally misread Vike we couldn't even salvage it via that 75% chance of success.

I feel like a genuine jerk. Worst win ever :(

omfg, its worse: I asked Nojr to switch his kill to Vike. Except: I didn't click SEND due to rl work shenanigans. If he was online and could have switched, I quit werewolf forever :(

pyure-to-dylan-except-notsomuch said:
Nojr: Striking just strongly hinted he's not the investigator. I didn't think he was anyway, but in order to increase your investigator odds, you can feel free to switch your epic-slaying to Vikestep instead.

Or, keep it on Strikingwolf if you prefer, up to you.

I'm pretty confident I know who the (real) investigator is anyway.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
See, I locked my vote on Pyure. I knew what I was doing
Technically I was really happy about that since it meant you couldn't switch to CC :p

secretconvoz said:
Yes it does.
You know what's funny? Erindalc locked his vote on me, which may seal his doom. From a town perspective, given enough information, he wants to switch his vote to you at this point. But he can't.

I've never seen that happen before :)

Reactions: erindalc

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
It was an interesting day to say the least. Today, everyone decided to kill pyure. He caused us to kill the medium! How dare he! But pyure had other plans. He presented his brother Lethosos for the chopping block, who clearly had no idea what was going on. Everyone started voting for leth, even leth himself! Fun fact: lethosos thought it was a vote for mayor. He was so excited. But to everyone else, it was business as usu- oh my god it's a wolf

As the voting ended and lethosos was about to be hung, a massive rabid-looking werewolf sprang out of nowhere and killed poor erindalC. Upon inspection of his room, you find out that he was yet another ordinary chap. Wow. Three nights in a row, an ordinary chap was killed. It must be some sort of a pattern.

Anyways, they went back to the lobby to hang poor lethosos. They stepped him up to the noose and he was just so happy. He thought it was a mayoral sash. He even started giving a speech but was interupted by someone saying it wasn't an inaugaration it was an execution. Leth asked why and they said because he was a wolf. Leth confessed to it but didn't understand why that meant he was going to be killed.

So they put his head in the noose and kicked away the chair. Sure enough, he turned into a wolf and died. You think he may have been the stupidest wolf you've ever seen.

The following night nothing of note happened, but the next morning you heard a scream coming from strikingwolf's room. He was dead, stabbed 3 times in the chest. From a cursory look around the room, it was plain to see that he was the MuscleMan! What a waste of raw manly power!

Then, a message came in over the intercom. It said to gather in the lobby. So you did. When you got there, you saw pyure standing there, with a large rabid werewolf standing directly behind him. He said it was time to end this debacle. He called out SoraZodia and Vikestep to join him. When they got up, the rabid wolf bit them, then killed them when they turned. All that was left was the remaining members of CROST and the two wolves, the rabid one reverting back to his corpsecat form.

You knock at the door and say there's three wolf corpses in here. A policeman comes in and sees the corpses and lets everyone out. Pyure and Corpsecat escape without any issue.

However, the policeman finds the investigator's notebook next to the corpse of Vikestep. This notebook had the names of every CROST member in the hotel. Every one was arrested. Someone Else 37 was given the death penalty for his long history of assassination as the Wasp. RealKC was sentenced to 20 years for multiple counts of aggravated assaults as a Grunt. RobijnVogel was sentenced to life in prison for his many counts of thievery as the Unicorn. Fowltief was let go, as they couldn't find any evidence of wrongdoing. However, without a purpose, his life quickly spiraled until he took his own life.

Vote summary: http://pastebin.com/cdNNGJbx

• ErindalC was killed by the rabid wolf! He was a Chap!
  • Lethosos was lynched! He was the moon-moon!
  • Strikingwolf was killed by an adulterer! He was the Muscleman!
  • GAME OVER!
Winners:
  • Pyure the Wolf!
  • Lethosos the moon-moon!
  • Corpsecat the Rabid Wolf!
Surviving Losers:
  • Vikestep the Investigator!
  • SoraZodia the Chap!
  • Someone Else 37 the Wasp!
  • RealKC the Grunt!
  • RobijnVogel the Unicorn!
  • Fowltief the Janitor!
Roles: http://pastebin.com/zdunUyb9 (ignore the numbers that was just RNG stuff)
wow, I did not lose, die or win

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Every time I have a PM going with pyure, he ends up fucking me over because he is wolf,

then I don't make a PM with him for a couple of games, and do again when he is a wolf.

I really need to stop messing that up so badly lol.

gg
You forgot that when an adulterer converts, he's no longer a villager.
wow, I did not lose, die or win
Oh yeah, you lost. Oops.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Uhm... peeps, wasn't the win condition that the wolves needed to be more than or equal to the rest of the people in order for them to auto-win?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Uhm... peeps, wasn't the win condition that the wolves needed to be more than or equal to the rest of the people in order for them to auto-win?

goreae, I know you meant village=town, but just for the next game, tweak the wording to say "Win Condition:Match or overwhelm Town. Group win." Otherwise some CROST might think they're part of "the village"