Murder at Monocon Game Thread!

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I have an idea for CROST next round: scrap the convo, CROST don't know other CROST members. They do however get a passcode. This can be anything from taco to screwed the pooch to wednesday. Each CROST member gets the same passcode. This can then be inserted into a post in the main thread to let other CROST members know you're CROST, or given to another player to let them trick another CROST player into thinking that guy's CROST. This lets CROST members be more sneaky, lets them be more individualized, and sows more distrust in the group. You are never certain if a potential CROST member is indeed CROST.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
goreae, do you have a list of power-usages? I'm really curious how investigator and musclemen used powers.
Not really, but I can tell you how those two went down:

D1, vikestep fully intended to read you, but forgot because he was used to MU night phases.
D2, vikestep did scan you, but was blocked by strikingwolf.
D3, vikestep scanned erindalc, but was of course blocked by the rabid kill.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Not really, but I can tell you how those two went down:

D1, vikestep fully intended to read you, but forgot because he was used to MU night phases.
D2, vikestep did scan you, but was blocked by strikingwolf.
D3, vikestep scanned erindalc, but was of course blocked by the rabid kill.
That's pretty screwed up :)

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
secretz said:
If I were CROST, I'd lean hard towards working with Town. The investigator thing isn't a compelling counterargument to me. 3 or 4 trusted CROST members are worth more than an investigator.
If CROST publicly works with town the game is essentially blown.

secretz2 said:
Shit, Cheese did it. He went public as CROST.
We're now in a really, really crappy position. We only need to kill town to win, but by going public CROST are effectively teaming with town. So its us against a ton of people.
I'm open to suggestions. Killing Cheese is an option, but if I were muscleman I'd strongly consider watching him.
I'm also in an unenviable position of having to switch my vote again, which makes me vulnerable to wasp. Bleh. What a mess.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
People, please don't blame Pyure.
I totally blew this by misinterpreting the wolves' win conditions.

By design, there actually WAS an infallible plan that could have let both CROST minus Cheese, plus Nojr and all the wolves win.

Because of this misinterpretation I just took the quick and easy way instead of the long way we would have needed to take if the muscleman would have prevented us from killing certain people at certain times.

I'm sorry for failing my fellow CROST... :(

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Damn I knew letting CROST live for long teamed with wolves was trouble, I was about to block Nojr as well but then had to do something and day ended

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
Damn I knew letting CROST live for long teamed with wolves was trouble, I was about to block Nojr as well but then had to do something and day ended
If you had blocked me, that might have got me a victory, because Pyure might had been able to push through the killing of Vike, then I would win with the wolves

Reactions: Robijnvogel

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
He might not have been.
He would have pushed that stuff.
It would have been 7 people against three.

Sent from my HUAWEI G750-U10 using Tapatalk

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
He might not have been.
He would have pushed that stuff.
It would have been 7 people against three.

The voting would be off, but at that point I suspected who all the wolves were, with the rabid kill on Vike I would be certain that Pyure was involved because he likes to push for quick wins as wolf if he can. I could make a plea to CROST to win with town and then yall could have decided

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
But why would we have chosen town over the wolves?

We knew for certain that the wolves wanted to kill the investigator, and could have simply stalled them from winning until we could either kill all town at one, or the investigator was dead.

Town was in a position, where they could possibly lie to us and weren't very dependent of us.

For clarification, Pyure and me were the heart of this screw-up of a pact and I knew for certain Pyure was a wolf, because I scanned him n1 and I was the only one who could have disguised him.

By the way, Pyure, did you know I scanned you n1 and not n2, like I tried to make you believe?

P

profrags

Note to self: Never trust Pyure

At least I learned more about the game so that next time I am prepared for pyures trickery and lies!

Reactions: Pyure

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Actually,

A better rule would be: Pyure always wins.

Never oppose that guy. You'll only be decreasing your own chances of victory.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
But why would we have chosen town over the wolves?

We knew for certain that the wolves wanted to kill the investigator, and could have simply stalled them from winning until we could either kill all town at one, or the investigator was dead.

Town was in a position, where they could possibly lie to us and weren't very dependent of us.

For clarification, Pyure and me were the heart of this screw-up of a pact and I knew for certain Pyure was a wolf, because I scanned him n1 and I was the only one who could have disguised him.

By the way, Pyure, did you know I scanned you n1 and not n2, like I tried to make you believe?
the investigator would have already been dead, at that point we would be completely dependent on you and couldn't win without you, no chance of betrayal