All Becomes Grey [SIGNUP AND OOC THREAD] [ROLEPLAY] [POSSIBLE MATURE CONTENT]

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Final (I think?) pending feedback.

Name: Erildus Oritun
Magiks: Fire
Appearance (picture or description): Human wearing a sort of clockwork device powered by a fire elemental that can shoot fire a short distance. Also wearing dark blue leather armor.
Personality: Sometimes hostile to others, but he always keeps a coin handy for children on the street. He hates the cold and any form of magic that revolves around it.
Backstory (You've always lived in Pert):

Erildus grew up in the center of Pert as an orphan. His parents died earlier than his memory, fighting to protect him. Typically a smaller child, Erildus was never left alone by the other orphans (of which there were many), so he often found himself alone, tinkering with small clockwork mechanisms. Around ten years old, Erildus discovered that he could manipulate fire to his liking. He used this to help fight off the hostile creatures that attacked the village almost everyday. During the down time he used his skill with small contraptions to set traps for enemies, before discovering that a device that makes a big display of flame is far more scary and effective. With this in mind, he trapped a small fire elemental in a cage built to be fire resistant, and channels its energy into a more projectile form of flame. During one of the many fights, he lost his best friend Merdia to an ice spike in the chest. As she died in his arms, he swore to hunt down her killer, but has so far been unable to find him. Ever since, he has always hated cold magic, and has never been quite the same.

Equipment: Leather armor, flamethrower (for lack of a better term), and a simple looking longsword with many hidden clockwork features. Also carries some equipment to make some simple traps.

Stats
Health: 4
Armour: 5
Agility: 3
Strength: 5
Accuracy: 3
Magical skill: 3
Magical defense: 2

Magical abilities (Italics represent spells/activated abilities, Bold represents a passive power):
Flame Dart: Shoots a dart of fire at an enemy. Rolls Magical Skill against Magical Defense
Flame Wall: Creates a wall of fire approximately 10 feet high, with a length of up to 60 feet. 2 turn cooldown. (Opinions?)
Inherent Fire Resistance: Gains +2(?) Bonus when dealing with any type of damage due to fire.
Scrap that inherent fire resistance thing. It's very situational and there are much better abilities to be had.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I wonder if this is a selling point for your RP Cheese? How many WW'ers would sign up for a chance to, uh, accidentally nudge me off a cliff?
well, pushing people off cliffs is boring, I just have some stray lightning :p
edit: in the off chance that someone on the discord group reads this, I got disconnected and can't log back in :(

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
And I have tentacles. Just saying.
487px-Power_Word-_Tentacles_full.jpg

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Also Pyure, that backstory you wrote is more than enough. Don't get put off by us geeky Wall of Texters :p Besides, I have had the distinct misfortune of RPing with people who almost lacked the ability to string together a coherent sentence, and made up for it with ridiculous crap that just made the experience crappy for the rest of us. On the other hand, your character makes sense, slots in nicely as a contrast to the rest of us nutjob mages, and I know you've got the level of writing skill to keep it up.

So yeah, by all means drop out if you aren't enjoying it, but I have every faith that you'll enhance this RP by participating, rather than drag it down.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Hey guys, does anyone want to put their character vs. Dubhan in a test battle? I'll set up a titanpad for anyone who does.

Those who haven't used the system before, I'm willing to teach you to use it, though in IC battle Cheese will be the one rolling.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Hey guys, does anyone want to put their character vs. Dubhan in a test battle? I'll set up a titanpad for anyone who does.

Those who haven't used the system before, I'm willing to teach you to use it, though in IC battle Cheese will be the one rolling.
I wouldn't mind however I don't think Nahiri would be that great when she is alone.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
the_j485 said:

I could too, but what's a Titanpad?