All Becomes Grey [SIGNUP AND OOC THREAD] [ROLEPLAY] [POSSIBLE MATURE CONTENT]

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
So....because I just taught of 3 interesting abilities that I may want to use but haven't come up with a total character yet......(Well, I did but then I changed the abilities to this and he now needs a rework)

Enter the shadows: at the end of each round {PlaceHolder} will enter the shadows, making him invisible for a maximum for 2 rounds (6 turns cool down which activates only after he got out of stealth , leaves stealth upon trying to attack). (This happens regardless if {PlaceHolder} did anything during his turn or not)

Twin attack: Can only be used if {PlaceHolder} is in stealth. {PlaceHolder} will attack twice this turn(doesn't need to be the same target). Both attacks will gain potential boninesses from leaving stealth (6 turn cooldown)

Casts Shadows: {PlaceHolder} won't attack this turn, instead his abilities that are currently on cooldown recharge by 1 and until "Enter the shadows" goes on cooldown it gives {PlaceHolder} an boost in Strenght of 1 for each time "Casts Shadows" was used before entering stealth. (No cooldown)

This is only a very,very rough draft and I may or may not end up using anything like this. Things that I'm not sure about are the cooldowns and the bonus. Also to make it clear, Enter the Shadows doesn't happen on {PlaceHolder}'s turn but at the end of the round. Thus lets say combat begins then he will only go into stealth after the last character did its thing. Thus something like this

char1->{PlaceHolder}->char2->char3->{PlaceHolder} enters stealth ->new round(Probably starting off with char1 again)

I hope the abilities are clear enough, I also choose the long cooldowns so I could make real use of "Casts Shadows". However it may be that the current bonus is too small to be worth the effort (except for decreasing wait time on other abilities but as I put them high so I could make better use of "Casts Shadows" that isn't exactly what I hoped to archive with it.). I am also not sure if Twin Attack is balanced but as I already mentioned, I am very bad at making balanced things :p

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
So....because I just taught of 3 interesting abilities that I may want to use but haven't come up with a total character yet......(Well, I did but then I changed the abilities to this and he now needs a rework)

Enter the shadows: at the end of each round {PlaceHolder} will enter the shadows, making him invisible for a maximum for 2 rounds (6 turns cool down which activates only after he got out of stealth , leaves stealth upon trying to attack). (This happens regardless if {PlaceHolder} did anything during his turn or not)

Twin attack: Can only be used if {PlaceHolder} is in stealth. {PlaceHolder} will attack twice this turn(doesn't need to be the same target). Both attacks will gain potential boninesses from leaving stealth (6 turn cooldown)

Casts Shadows: {PlaceHolder} won't attack this turn, instead his abilities that are currently on cooldown recharge by 1 and until "Enter the shadows" goes on cooldown it gives {PlaceHolder} an boost in Strenght of 1 for each time "Casts Shadows" was used before entering stealth. (No cooldown)

This is only a very,very rough draft and I may or may not end up using anything like this. Things that I'm not sure about are the cooldowns and the bonus. Also to make it clear, Enter the Shadows doesn't happen on {PlaceHolder}'s turn but at the end of the round. Thus lets say combat begins then he will only go into stealth after the last character did its thing. Thus something like this

char1->{PlaceHolder}->char2->char3->{PlaceHolder} enters stealth ->new round(Probably starting off with char1 again)

I hope the abilities are clear enough, I also choose the long cooldowns so I could make real use of "Casts Shadows". However it may be that the current bonus is too small to be worth the effort (except for decreasing wait time on other abilities but as I put them high so I could make better use of "Casts Shadows" that isn't exactly what I hoped to archive with it.). I am also not sure if Twin Attack is balanced but as I already mentioned, I am very bad at making balanced things :p
My first thought is that twin attack looks seriously op, but we'd have to test it.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Name:Chuckington
Magiks:Shadow, Holy
Appearance (picture or description):
Personality:lonely, can't really control his anger, will defend people that are in great danger
Backstory (You've always lived in Pert):
Chuckington's family was pretty poor, they had to live in a cave. He has lost his dad when he was 6, he saw him getting killed by a giant bear-like monster. When he was 7 he found two very old(read: ancient) books, one was describing minerals and mettalurgy and the other was having the alphabet. When he was 8 he started school knowing how to read and some information about mettalurgy. He started learning magic, blacksmithing and fighting. When he was 10, he made himself a make-shift pickaxe and mined some iron which he made into a chestplate, altough he didn't only used iron he also poured some of his blood and the blood of the bear-like monster which he killed with a couple friends, as the monster was old, the chestplate was bound together using creation. The weapon of his choice was a giant hammer inspired by his blacksmithing hammer, to obtain it, he went in a forest and chopped an old tree that would have died soon anyway. The process of the creation of this hammer was very simmilar to the one of creating his chestplate. He has also made himself
some leather and fur pants from the skin and fur of that monster. The creation of the mentioned armor took him 5 years. He decided to stop using creation as it didn't have any use for him in fights. Until he was 17 he has specialized himself in holy magik, but one day he found his mother dead in their "house", he tryed to use Holy Resurrection to revive her, but it didn't work. In that day he started learning Shadow Magik
Equipment: a bloody iron chestplate, a giant bloody hammer, fur and leather pants, which are bloody too.
Stats (25 total):

Health: 4
Armour:5
Agility:3
Strength:4
Accuracy:3
Magical skill:3
Magical defence:3
Magical abilities (3 total):

Shadow walking:
Chuckington uses a drop of his blood to allow him to go in the shadows, him not being able to use an attack this turn, but he can regen 2 point of health. Cooldown 2 turn

Shadow wielding:
If Chuckington can't use his hammer for various reason, he will then create a weapon of shadows and use it to fight, dealing 1 point of damage. Cooldown 1 turn

Blessings:
Chuckington will give people in great danger different effects, he cannot give an effect to himself. Cooldown 3

OK, I like the improved descriptions, but there's still a bit of work needed.

Shadow walking, not sure why this heals him, but we could say that the shadows enter his wounds, stopping him from bleeding. For balance, the healing would be reduced to 1, or you could double the cooldown. This is your best description though, it can be balanced.

Shadow wielding, well, you're misunderstanding the combat system here. You deal damage based off of your strength, and you don't just do straight up 'This is one damage'. Both people roll, to wound or deal damage it is strength vs. armour. We could replace this with him creating a weapon of shadows which he straight up magical attacks with. This would be 1 turn cooldown.

Blessings, again, this is still too vague. If you say 'various effects' you're basically giving yourself infinite abilities that I have to balance on the go. It should be some kind of buff, like a buff to their stats or something.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Name: Lexia
Magiks: Natural
Personality: Gentle, caring. She wants to help whoever she can no matter the personal cost.
Lexia was born and raised in Pert. Her family isn't quite wealthy, and so they lived in a makeshift hut on the outskirts of town. The only thing special about lexia is her natural ability.

Her family were nothing but humble farmers, and lexia always loved tending to the crops. She discovered with very little help a simple charm to increase crop yield and protect them from dangers such as pests or blight. She also befriended a large rat. They became inseperable.

When she started school, she brought her rat with her, and it immediately set her apart. What her and her family didn't know at the time was the rat was actually a weak monster. In school, she refused to take classes in swords or bows, and focused on her floramancy. She discovered several ways to use it in battle, both in offence and defence, and through her friendship with the rat, she was able to develop a charming skill to lure weaker monsters to her side. The rat was bound as a familiar, and was given the name Arkus.

for her armor and staff, she made them herself through weeks of meditation under a certain tree, communing with it, designing the item within the tree's flesh, all without doing and permanent damage to the tree. In return, she used her magic to grow the tree to new hights, and strengthen its roots against pests. For the gauntlets, the tree put a piece of its own soul into them. These allow her to channel her magic in a more effective fashion.
Equipment: A full set of ironwood armor and a pair of livingwood gauntlets. Also a giant rat familiar named Arkus. See backstory for more info.
Stats (25 total):

Armour: 3
Agility: 4
Strength: 2
Accuracy: 3
Magical skill: 5
Magical defence: 4

Charm creature: Charms an enemy creature to fight for me. Only works on weaker enemies. I can only have one charmed creature at a time to start with. As I grow in power, that can go up as far as 3 at a time. Roll magic attack. If roll is 3 times or more than magic defence roll, creature becomes under Lexia's control. Maximum creatures is magical skill/5 rounded up.

Vine Whip: Lexia is able to summon and control vines in battle. Magical attack.

Bramble: Lexia summons a bramble shield that blocks damage and hurts attackers. +1 durability until start of next turn. Any attacks that hit but fail to penetrate armour get attacked with an automatically hitting attack.

Note: Arkus doesn't do much fighting and is more of a companion than anything else.
So, gor, seeing as you're almost done, would you like to try to make an appearance? I would recommend the anime avatar maker on rinmarugames.com It may seem a bit 'meh anime', but it's actually one of the best avatar makers you'll find.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Meet your first NPC! His appearance is a WIP due to being on my phone. Improvement still going on.

Name: Calhoun Reeves

Magiks: Fire

Appearance:
45bc3dac824d7889e388bb943a3c4b98.jpg

Personality: A bit of a wildcard, Calhoun has always taken almost sadistic pleasure in wreaking absolute havoc upon the battlefield. While not the most powerful of hunters, he likes to hurl a never-ending barrage of spells at his enemies. He finds fighting almost funny, and is bored by most things that don't involve fighting. He has no problems with sacrificing fellow humans to carry on a battle, and when wounded, instead of fleeing, enters a bloodthirsty rage, ripping apart his enemies.

Backstory: The son of Nikolas Reeves, the owner of the battle school, he has grown up fighting. He literally lives in battle, it is both the necessity it is for everyone and the time when it is not necessary. Because of this, it's all he's ever known. He has tried other jobs, but working under his father is all he's ever enjoyed. He has various kills under his belt and isn't modest about them by any stretch of the imagination. Perhaps the reason for this is the death of his mother by the hands of a weather being, 3 weeks after he was born. Because of this, he was raised entirely by his dad. His father, with no time for his son due to his extremely important job as the headmaster of the battle school, raised his son inside his job, raising him in the battle school. Calhoun has, therefore, been raised by battle. Really, he's no more sadistic than the next, it's just all he's ever known.

Equipment:
A cloak with runic inscriptions to enhance his magik reserves.
Twin daggers.

Stats (30 total):

Health: 3
Armour: 4
Agility:5
Strength: 5
Accuracy: 3
Magical skill: 6
Magical defence: 4

Hail of flames: Loses 1 accuracy and 2 magical skill until 3 turns have passed, including the turn it is used. Each of the turns he has these debuffs, he makes a magical attack on a random enemy along with his normal action. 4 turn cooldown.

Burning rage: On 1 health, Calhoun gains +3 to power, accuracy and magical skill

Explosive fireball: Attacks 2 enemies with -2 magical skill. 4 turn cooldown.

Last edited:

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
OK, I like the improved descriptions, but there's still a bit of work needed.

Shadow walking, not sure why this heals him, but we could say that the shadows enter his wounds, stopping him from bleeding. For balance, the healing would be reduced to 1, or you could double the cooldown. This is your best description though, it can be balanced.

Shadow wielding, well, you're misunderstanding the combat system here. You deal damage based off of your strength, and you don't just do straight up 'This is one damage'. Both people roll, to wound or deal damage it is strength vs. armour. We could replace this with him creating a weapon of shadows which he straight up magical attacks with. This would be 1 turn cooldown.

Blessings, again, this is still too vague. If you say 'various effects' you're basically giving yourself infinite abilities that I have to balance on the go. It should be some kind of buff, like a buff to their stats or something.
Sounds somewhat OP to heal, AND to get stealth. Just think of someone like Sy in BTNS, his just gives him a bonus upon exit to power, but that's nothing compared to a heal.
Healing should not be underestimated, just remember Elin's nanobots in the short circuit fight in BTNS. If she hadn't used them of Ina, then Sy would have killed her there and then. For a player character under the standards here, healing should be a dedicated ability, not something that gives also another unrelated bonus.

Last edited:

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Name: Jonas Liefsson
Magiks:
Personality:
Equipment:
Stats (25 total):

Health:
Armour:
Agility:
Strength:
Accuracy:
Magical skill:
Magical defence:

Magical abilities(3 total):

Sounds somewhat OP to heal, AND to get stealth. Just think of someone like Sy in BTNS, his just gives him a bonus upon exit to power, but that's nothing compared to a heal.
Healing should not be underestimated, just remember Elin's nanobots in the short circuit fight in BTNS. If she hadn't used them of Ina, then Sy would have killed her there and then. For a player character under the standards here, healing should be a dedicated ability, not something that gives also another unrelated bonus.
I never said he got stealth.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Name:Chuckington
Magiks:Shadow, Holy
Personality:lonely, can't really control his anger, will defend people that are in great danger
Chuckington's family was pretty poor, they had to live in a cave. He has lost his dad when he was 6, he saw him getting killed by a giant bear-like monster. When he was 7 he found two very old(read: ancient) books, one was describing minerals and mettalurgy and the other was having the alphabet. When he was 8 he started school knowing how to read and some information about mettalurgy. He started learning magic, blacksmithing and fighting. When he was 10, he made himself a make-shift pickaxe and mined some iron which he made into a chestplate, altough he didn't only used iron he also poured some of his blood and the blood of the bear-like monster which he killed with a couple friends, as the monster was old, the chestplate was bound together using creation. The weapon of his choice was a giant hammer inspired by his blacksmithing hammer, to obtain it, he went in a forest and chopped an old tree that would have died soon anyway. The process of the creation of this hammer was very simmilar to the one of creating his chestplate. He has also made himself
some leather and fur pants from the skin and fur of that monster. The creation of the mentioned armor took him 5 years. He decided to stop using creation as it didn't have any use for him in fights. Until he was 17 he has specialized himself in holy magik, but one day he found his mother dead in their "house", he tryed to use Holy Resurrection to revive her, but it didn't work. In that day he started learning Shadow Magik
Equipment: a bloody iron chestplate, a giant bloody hammer, fur and leather pants, which are bloody too.
Stats (25 total):

Armour:5
Agility:3
Strength:4
Accuracy:3
Magical skill:3
Magical defence:3

Shadow walking:
Chuckington uses a drop of his blood to allow him to go in the shadows, him not being able to use an attack this turn, and because the shadows enter his lungs and then his blood, he can regen 1 point of health. Cooldown 2 turn

Shadow wielding:
If Chuckington can't use his hammer for various reason, he will then create a weapon of shadows and use it to fight.(the attack is straight magik) Cooldown 1 turn

Blessings:
Chuckington will give people in great danger different buffs he cannot give an buff to himself.
If strength<3, +1/2 strentgh(90% chance of being just +1)
If Magik Protection<4, +0.5 magik protection
If health<4 and the cause is damage, a regen buff, that will regenerate 1 point of health every two turns. The buff is cleaned if the one who has it uses any darker form of magik
Coldown 3

Is this better, @LivingAngryCheese?

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
No concerns from me on any of this. I'm a quasi-reluctant companion, gruff and separate. Building relationships is difficult for me when confronted with the difficulties of overcoming my fears and presumptions.

Ability one: shut down a person somehow (Suppression) so that he's delayed for a period of time.
Ability two: detect magic (goggles)
Ability three: suppress magic in an area. I cannot target it or direct it at enemies only. I cannot predict the range. I cannot even predict with surety that it will happen. I just know that magic seems to sometimes shut down near me when I'm filled with particular fear.

OK, here we go:

Steam spray: Two enemies lose 2 accuracy until the start of his turn.

Detect magik: When used on an enemy, gain 2 agility for rolls to dodge magik used by that enemy for the rest of the battle. 3 turn cooldown.

Suppress magik: When any of these reach full:
5 magik abilities used
2 magik abilities aimed at him
1 magik ability hit him
Two enemies and one ally lose magik abilities for their next 2 turns.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Can you take another swing at that second one? I wouldn't use detect on a specific enemy; I'd use it to generally-locate magiks around me, emanating from objects or individuals. And then avoid them at all costs because magic sucks (it might also render me into a state of increased agitation or nervouseness. From an RP perspective, I wouldn't necessarily warn my team that there's magic nearby, I'd just start wigging out a bit)