[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

SirDoctorOfTardis

Jul 29, 2019
@Caigan The blueberries thing has been around in various packs for a while, and usually hits all three of the duplicate berries from Natura. I think it has to do with the fact you can use either in Pam's recipes. Assuming barrels and drawers can OreDictionary them, it shouldn't cause issues beyond basic chest storage though.

The multiple berry thing is a config option in Pam's, @Caigan has it enabled.

SirDoctorOfTardis

Jul 29, 2019
basic JABBA barrels cannot OreDict them, it seems. Had this problem, so went with a chest instead of two barrels. As for drawers..maybe. Or, if the JABBA barrels require an oredict upgrade of some kind.

JABBA Barrels doesn't convert things using the OreDict, Storage Drawers do.

Kirthew

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else have the problem of getting Molten Tritamium out of their Smeltery? Says I should be able to pour into a cast, but it won't come out. Have 8 ingots in there just sitting in their melted state.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I do think Thermal Dynamics has its place though. As it takes up more space, it requires more effort and planning to incorporate (and hide) in your builds, and at least some decisionmaking with what ducts to use. While that's not for everyone, I do see the appeal. Kinda like people who enjoy playing with buildcraft pipes instead of itemducts and conduits, though that's a much more distinct example.

Ducts are also much more better looking than the conduits (arguably.. ;) ).

For me, who don't enjoy to fiddle with advanced pipe systems (anymore), EIO is the best choice imo.
indeed there are some builds where u dont wanna fiddle around with ender io (like drops from a mob farm that has many many barrels/drawers )and some builds where ender io fails to keep a build working for example making cake in a cyclic assembler (why this autocrafter because it can use fluid milk instead of milk buckets ) enderio constently messed up the ratio of amounts to keep stocked in the assembler to the pt it got annoying enough that i started to use te ducts with a singnalium retriever just so it kept 1 stack of all the ingredients inside the assembler and no more at a time .
ender io is lovely until u get to the point it cant move stuff/liquids/ power fast enough (the pull rate on fluid is horrible for mass use ) then theres the pts when even te's pull rate on items/fluids is not enough and your left with the once choice of using high quality mekinism pipes or more ducts and more servos

Anyone else have the problem of getting Molten Tritamium out of their Smeltery? Says I should be able to pour into a cast, but it won't come out. Have 8 ingots in there just sitting in their melted state.

known issue

Reactions: Mlukvai

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
hey, Caigan, you know how Creepers don't blow up terrain?

Grimoire of Gaia 3 has added "Creepers" that are multi-headed ABOMINATIONS TO ALL THAT IS HOLY...

that destroy terrain.
to the trello list, maybe.

TGzStealth

Jul 29, 2019
That's super odd. Its only crashing when you change language? I've checked the line and stuff its erroring on, and there's no issues with that json file.

Negative, the first crash appeared when I changed the language. Then I just left the language as it was (English US). But still I cannot load the pack with VeinMiner enabled :/
So I don't think the language has anything to do with it and that maybe when it crashed it made some working VeinMiner files corrupt?
What would happen if I delete the mod VeinMiner from the mods folder? Or delete the VeinMiner config/cfg? Would it reinstall both of them or would it run the pack without them?

Thanks so far, you're doing a great job!

Edit:
I removed the folder VeinMiner and the file VeinMiner.cfg and it works. But! Before the crash I had my VeinMiner set to activate when holding L Shift, now I had to reconfigure that in the settings but now when I activate VeinMiner it disables 'crouch' that was also under that key. I checked, both VM and crouch are still under L Shift but it doesn't activate both of them like it did before. Now we can all imagine some pretty messed up situations when that happens.

When loading the game with both the file and folder deleted it only put a new folder back, but the file VeinMiner.cfg was nowhere to be found.

Any idea what I can do next?

Last edited:

TGzStealth

Jul 29, 2019
Starting with Ender IO, does anyone have a better way of getting Ender pearls then slaying Endermen with 'The Ender' and making an auto spawner with an Endermen Safari net in there?

G

Git

i had the same issue. i just piped it out into a tank and tossed it in the trash.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Starting with Ender IO, does anyone have a better way of getting Ender pearls then slaying Endermen with 'The Ender' and making an auto spawner with an Endermen Safari net in there?
I use ender lily seeds. You can find them in worldgen (usually dungeon) chests (which means the Botania loonium can find them too), and the speed they grow at depends what you plant them on.
Tiers of soil/growth:
Farmland (dirt)/ slow as hell
End stone/ their normal "soil", since you can find these in the end as well, this will take about seven in game days or so
Ender Core/ fastest, still slow as hell, but at least every time the tick interval happens for growth it's guaranteed to grow a stage

Couple notes; Don't try to use bonemeal, sprinklers, or Thaumcraft growth increases on them, they are programmed to actually grow slower or even go back a stage if those are applied.
However, block update triggers from the watering can or the Sigil of Growth from BM (sigil needs to be area instead of directly on the plant) can make it so that any time the plant would be able to grow (the way plants grow in MC is weird) it has more chances to do so.
Once they hit about half growth, the plants grow thorns and hurt you like cactus would if you step on them. Plan your area for them accordingly.

M

Mephitblue

I use ender lily seeds. You can find them in worldgen (usually dungeon) chests (which means the Botania loonium can find them too), and the speed they grow at depends what you plant them on.
Tiers of soil/growth:
Farmland (dirt)/ slow as hell
End stone/ their normal "soil", since you can find these in the end as well, this will take about seven in game days or so
Ender Core/ fastest, still slow as hell, but at least every time the tick interval happens for growth it's guaranteed to grow a stage

Couple notes; Don't try to use bonemeal, sprinklers, or Thaumcraft growth increases on them, they are programmed to actually grow slower or even go back a stage if those are applied.
However, block update triggers from the watering can or the Sigil of Growth from BM (sigil needs to be area instead of directly on the plant) can make it so that any time the plant would be able to grow (the way plants grow in MC is weird) it has more chances to do so.
Once they hit about half growth, the plants grow thorns and hurt you like cactus would if you step on them. Plan your area for them accordingly.

You can also buy ender lilies along with a 1 end stone from the general store for 50 vouchers. Probably the quickest way to get yourself setup with ender pearls.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
capture endermen in an item(single use or re-useable safari net or soul vial are 3 examples of items that work for this ) then let them out in a smeltry that has molten metal already inside of it (DO NOT let them see you(essentially dont agro them) when u release them or u wont get most of the yeild unless u have a certain flower from botania in a good spot) a full health normal endermen yeilds 4 ender pearls worth of resonant ender which can be cast into pearls through the use of a gem cast or a pan cast.

seems only for early-ish game u say ? this is the base lvl of the build u can upgrade this build with a vinculoctus(given a mana source and preferably floating ) and an autospawner(key part is a spawner it does not need to be mfr's) working in the sun light (the vinculoctus will direct the endermen into the smeltry for u ,if u place it in a right place , so no manual labor for you to do to move them into it .

a fair warning if u try to make a similar build to this without the vinculoctus(from botania) u need to not have the spawner in the sunlight (the sunlight is to help speed up the flower being triggered ) and a differnt way to "convince" them into the smeltry

Last edited:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Thaumcraft growth increases on them
are u sure thats what the thaumcraft lamp of growth does ? i remeber mention of a magical crops config on whether to let the lamp of growth speed them up and magical crops reject bone meal as useable to speed up there growth .
so are u sure the lamps do bonemeal effect and not growth ticks , as a side note u forgot that the green grove ritual from bm does growth ticks to what is planted on the area 2 blocks above the master ritual stone in a 3x3 area on that pt (before regent)

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
I've had Thaumcraft's Lamp of Growth work, in comparison to a vanilla growth of nothing being applied..it helps. A LOT.

Extra Utils' watering cans help, but I hate the health removal feature for making it :/ so I cheat in the ancient soul.

Also, only Ender Core can be sped up; the end stone and dirt are time locked, using a fancy mechanism. Essentially, once per ingame day, they can grow on level..sleeping than using a watering can brings that tick "closer" so it grows. Ender Core, grows like normal crops

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
so I cheat in the ancient soul.
thats a very high lvl extra utilities bag reward u can get and u dont need the soul for the normal watering can

i just use blood magics growth boosters most of the time more so becuase i could not be bothered to make bedrockium for ages(+got tried of holding right click so the crops would spread) and i already had enough of a blood magic setup

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
thats a very high lvl extra utilities bag reward u can get and u dont need the soul for the normal watering can

i just use blood magics growth boosters most of the time more so becuase i could not be bothered to make bedrockium for ages(+got tried of holding right click so the crops would spread) and i already had enough of a blood magic setup

I nevre figured out how to farm bags, but I wager that's what Soaryn and DW20 do with the "diamond spikes" that mobs fall on and die, that it drops those. then again, never set up a working mob spawner, sans Cursed earth (need to work on a loonium asap), so that might impact it. uhh...yeah Sigil of the Green Grove from Blood Magic is beautiful, works well, but takes tier 4 or so altar to do.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I nevre figured out how to farm bags, but I wager that's what Soaryn and DW20 do with the "diamond spikes" that mobs fall on and die, that it drops those.
i do find it strange how i have gotten miniture red hearts but 0 blind bags from mob killing anymore(not even low quality ones ) they(hearts and blind bags) both have killed by a player tags i thought .(what cursed earth for a mob farm ive been using essence berries for all my mob essence needs i dont even have an activated sigil )
@Caigan
Wait a minute something in my memory says there was another req ....... back when infernal mobs was in the pack infernal mobs had there drops overridden so they did not give armor or weapons that were enchanted more then normal but they dropped pixe dust and ender amethyst and also blind bags of a quality based on the power of the infernal mob slain essentially what tier they were .
Did blind bags being dropped in any sense get added back in any form what so ever after infernal mobs was no longer in the pack ? that would explain the lack of any of them from mob killing but still getting miniature red hearts

Last edited: