FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I don't understand how you know that your views for this are lowewring when your aren't playing. Seems like you are assumingthat but skyblock have lastest for a long while and people love watching them. As long as they changes things enough for reg release there will be plenty of stuff to watch others do just don't do what everyone else is doing. There are only so many times to can see 500 people do the same open start for skyblock and if you want the views you will have to make sure you stand out from others.

Kane Hart

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand how you know that your views for this are lowewring when your aren't playing. Seems like you are assumingthat but skyblock have lastest for a long while and people love watching them. As long as they changes things enough for reg release there will be plenty of stuff to watch others do just don't do what everyone else is doing. There are only so many times to can see 500 people do the same open start for skyblock and if you want the views you will have to make sure you stand out from others.
idk who your replying but I assume not me since my post actually has nothing to do with me gaining views. The start of it was more about not being a tester or ever being one. The rest of it was based on bad pr.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
idk who your replying but I assume not me since my post actually has nothing to do with me gaining views. The start of it was more about not being a tester or ever being one. The rest of it was based on bad pr.
Your post was about them "flooding the Market" as it is so that when it does release the ones not doing video/streaming will get less people watching because of the "PR hyping" now going on. Stream means you worry more about People watching but still have a view count and if you a youtuber then you also worry about view as well as time watched. My statement is still to the point. If as a streamer/youtuber you play the pack when it comes out the same as everyone you will not have a big following as if you would if you tried to make you own start without coping the ones doing the testing.

Zendrex

Jul 29, 2019
Looking forward to hosting servers for FTB one! We already have servers setup for "skyblock" and a map spawn, just waiting on the modpack release. Hopefully it comes out soon.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
"Billy has a cookie!! I want one too!!!"
"FTB is being irresponsible!!"

Really? More of this?

If you want to bitch, wait until you have a actual valid reason to bitch.

Lets look at some of the ways other COMPANIES have used hype and manipulation over their PAYING customers... (yes that was a subtle reminder that FTB is a ORG that is not profit driven and you get their content for FREE) Lets look at Blizzard, they started the Hype train on Diablo 3 with an announced release schedule that was 18 months out... then they finally shipped almost 2 years late with their primary feature being the cash driven Auction house... Total money grab, and almost half of the features they showed off in the initial hype never made it to the game...

By comparison, FTB said, "Hey! We're working on something we think you'll like, we hope to have it out in a few weeks, but we won't release it until its ready. We have several FTBers and streamers that will be testing it, so you can follow along with it's progress"

Please, for the love of all that is fair and decent, try to remember that the people making this pack (and any other one), are doing this for free and giving away their efforts. Be the decent person that takes the time to hunt down their Patreon accounts and contributes, Hit that tip jar on their streams, subscribe and upvote for the youtubers and streamers.

If you bury the content providers in negativity and whining, you can effectively sap their will to do more... this solves nothing.

Be appreciative for the fact that they keep us in the loop when they can,
Be happy that the content they provide is free,
Be thankful they make these packs.

</rant>

Steelcrusher

Jul 29, 2019
My 2 cents:

Personally I would have preferred that they kept this pack a secret until it was really close to release (under a weeks from being ready). I would have love to start playing it from Direwolf20 1st video.

I wish it was possible to play those pack in alpha mode, but only play them with no support for them. But i understand FTB would still be flooded by normal users complaint about this and that not working....

Meanwhile il got Play another game to get my mind out of it, See ya all later!

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
For me it's more about the bad PR methods and it's fine you don't just get born into understanding the ins and out of PR but it's a sadly a very common and dangerous effect on people. Not only they got burned out waiting but they ended up watching someone else play it for so long that they just gave up on it because they seen it "all" sort of deal.

The impact is so annoying as a server admin that 99% of the players that will play day 1 of the server launch will all copy everything Direwolf or another big youtuber has done. Without a ton of variety out there it's like wth what is the point of playing if your copying everything from someone else..
Like me I think you and your viewers may have lost track of what is fun.

Fun boils down to being something I enjoy doing. If it is really fun I will look back at it in the future and think "awesome". If they get the kicks from watching then that is good. They know what they like. If there ultimate dream is to be DireWolf20 and they roloplay being him to the point of building 1 to 1 scale everything he builds and in the same order. That is pretty awesome to, they know what they enjoy and are doing it.

Do you enjoy streaming so much that you want to build your life and livelihood around it? Nothing wrong with that either. If you get good you will get your viewers. I will even give your channel a watch sometime. I don't watch very much of anything any more (Twitch, Youtube, or netflix), isn't do to some oddball rule. Just not something I enjoy much right now.
If you want to bitch, wait until you have a actual valid reason to bitch.

If you bury the content providers in negativity and whining, you can effectively sap their will to do more... this solves nothing.

Be appreciative for the fact that they keep us in the loop when they can,
This is true of anything that I eat. I rather not insult it until I have given a chance. I may not be the best at being constructive though. I do like being able to give input on what is going to be on my plate though. I like your statements. I am hoping I can remember them in the future.

There have been creators that are horrible at communication. I bought a game a few years ago. It was worth the money I paid for it. Yet it was upsetting when the developers dropped off the radar. I really wanted to know more about what was going on and it was starting to seam like they had totally given in on finishing the project. Turns out they just suck at keeping their veiwers in the loop. On the other side their is another game I bough where the developers communicate. I enjoy their game and all. I don't pay any attention to them. I don't have the attention to read long post ever day on what they are up to.

So I guess being able to communicate effectively and in a way that the masses will find acceptable and respond properly too is really tough. I also stopped caring about broken promises. Though they do sadden me. I happen to like Diablo 3. It isn't my favorite game. I do like the story line along with the rest of the choices they have made with its implementation. I like playing both modes in it for different reasons and tend to play both equally. The game has only improved over the years. Which is nice. Looks like diablo 2 is even getting potential patches too. Which is nice, there must be something related in the pipes.
My 2 cents:

Personally I would have preferred that they kept this pack a secret until it was really close to release (under a weeks from being ready). I would have love to start playing it from Direwolf20 1st video.

I wish it was possible to play those pack in alpha mode, but only play them with no support for them. But i understand FTB would still be flooded by normal users complaint about this and that not working....

Meanwhile il got Play another game to get my mind out of it, See ya all later!
Either way they will get complaints. They are popular enough to have critics and whiners. They should feel proud to have gotten to the point where they have to deal with such individuals.

I like the way they are doing things. It works for me.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
<SNIP> I happen to like Diablo 3. It isn't my favorite game. I do like the story line along with the rest of the choices they have made with its implementation. I like playing both modes in it for different reasons and tend to play both equally. The game has only improved over the years. Which is nice. Looks like diablo 2 is even getting potential patches too. Which is nice, there must be something related in the pipes.<SNIP>

Check out Path of Exile, Free game that is everything Diablo 3 SHOULD have been... It's like Diablo 2 on Steroids and still in active development 2+ years after release.

Reactions: Senseidragon

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Check out Path of Exile, Free game that is everything Diablo 3 SHOULD have been... It's like Diablo 2 on Steroids and still in active development 2+ years after release.
I've played Path of Exile. Only ever got to just past Vhaal though. I really enjoy Diablo 3 a lot more. Diablo 3 is still in active development. I don't think they ever stopped development on it. It is constantly being improved upon and has changed drastically since release.

I would highly recommend Path of Exile for any one that like Action RPGs. Its price makes it a no brainer to pick up a copy and give it a shot. The store is pay to be vain with a few convenience items. I bought the set of named tabs. Thought about getting a guild tab so me and my brother could share a chest. Never played much at the time to think on seriously though. It is far different then any game out there. The way it did things makes it truly unique.

Naman

Jul 29, 2019
So, what I'm getting at makes it look like there is a bit of the original ftb challenge? like the whole ctm (book, in this case). if so, that would be amazing

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
I've played Path of Exile. Only ever got to just past Vhaal though. I really enjoy Diablo 3 a lot more. Diablo 3 is still in active development. I don't think they ever stopped development on it. It is constantly being improved upon and has changed drastically since release.

I would highly recommend Path of Exile for any one that like Action RPGs. Its price makes it a no brainer to pick up a copy and give it a shot. The store is pay to be vain with a few convenience items. I bought the set of named tabs. Thought about getting a guild tab so me and my brother could share a chest. Never played much at the time to think on seriously though. It is far different then any game out there. The way it did things makes it truly unique.
After I sold enough stuff in the AH to get my money back I gave up on D3. Every character had only one or two viable builds with no real variety, that is what drew me to PoE. Can you say Wand Slinging Barbarian? LOL

We are in total agreement on that... PoE is the second most complex game I have ever played (behind EVEOnline) But, like you said, extremely easy to start (free) and fun to click/kill/collect, it's only as complex as you want it to be if you are a serious theory-crafter. That skill tree is just simply scary.

OK I'll drop this since this is WAY off topic. (bad hijacker!)

ON topic again...

Thank you to ALL the people that are involved with getting this pack ready for release, programmers, testers, and the guy sitting in the back that does the color matching... yes, even him.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
OK I'll drop this since this is WAY off topic. (bad hijacker!)

ON topic again...

Thank you to ALL the people that are involved with getting this pack ready for release, programmers, testers, and the guy sitting in the back that does the color matching... yes, even him.
I don't feel like dropping it. This is a quote from another thread though that I believed should be placed here:
Yeah the modding community is freaking awesome. The game just mosies along. While the modders are expanding a infinite sandbox world manyfold
I changed the derailed topic venue to that qoute's thread.

I honestly do believe the modding community contributes more to Minecraft then minecraft has ever contributed. Minecraft is great as a base to build from. If that is all there was to it though it wouldn't be as popular. It wouldn't even see the coverage it is getting. Just look through all the youtube videos and twich streams on Minecraft. What percentage of those are vanilla?

The modded community has had a big impact on the popularity and longevity of minecraft. FTB has done a great job of producing content to strengthen the foothold of the game even further in are hearts. I can't wait to see their next entry in the modpack category. I will wait patiently to it is released though.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
<snip>
I honestly do believe the modding community contributes more to Minecraft then minecraft has ever contributed. Minecraft is great as a base to build from. If that is all there was to it though it wouldn't be as popular. It wouldn't even see the coverage it is getting. Just look through all the youtube videos and twich streams on Minecraft. What percentage of those are vanilla?

The modded community has had a big impact on the popularity and longevity of minecraft. <snip>

AMEN!

Base Minecraft is like Vanilla Ice Cream (aka Vanilla Minecraft) The mods are what allows Sundaes, Sandwhiches, and Dipped cones, and Sprinkles, and Parties, and... Wait... now I want...

If it were not for the Modded community, Minecraft would be a withering shadow of what it is today, Mojang would never have sold to Micro$oft, and I would have probably never played beyond the first two playthroughs...

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
AMEN!

Base Minecraft is like Vanilla Ice Cream (aka Vanilla Minecraft) The mods are what allows Sundaes, Sandwhiches, and Dipped cones, and Sprinkles, and Parties, and... Wait... now I want...

If it were not for the Modded community, Minecraft would be a withering shadow of what it is today, Mojang would never have sold to Micro$oft, and I would have probably never played beyond the first two playthroughs...
Minecraft is like onions yeah onions...., wait wrong movie...! rofl

CuteTurret

Jul 29, 2019
AMEN!

Its quite the inception if you stop to think about it, Minecraft is supposed to be a game of freedom, and this even applies to its modding environment, so many different ideas have been done already, and there is no sign of stopping.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.

The modded community has had a big impact on the popularity and longevity of minecraft.

This is why I just don't understand the great rush to always use the "latest" and "greatest" version of MC. What the modding community produces vastly exceeds vanilla in both gameplay/game content and technical skill. Vanilla is just not all the great in comparison.

Look at what we have achieved modding a game thats effectively still in alpha due to the massive code overhauls in every other version.
Now imagine what we could achieve by breaking off and giving ourself a stable, well optimised codebase to work from.​

*climbs off soapbox*

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Now imagine what we could achieve by breaking off and giving ourself a stable, well optimised codebase to work from.
I don't understand. If the modders that are loyal to sustaining their projects are going to write their mods from scratch every time a new version comes out what would keep them from writing their mods for a game inspired by minecraft? What would stop forge from trying to create a game from the ground up and move to it?

Is it because it would take a lot of individuals agreeing to do it? Is it that it is Minecraft and they just want to stick with it through thick and thin?

Hell. if a vast section of modders got together and agreed to do this and got it started up I would be more then willing to learn some programming. I could throw some crap in there every now again for them to scream and rage at. So that they would feel more at home.

They would have to remember not to ban me from the project though.

Last edited:

Steelcrusher

Jul 29, 2019
This is why I just don't understand the great rush to always use the "latest" and "greatest" version of MC. What the modding community produces vastly exceeds vanilla in both gameplay/game content and technical skill. Vanilla is just not all the great in comparison.

Look at what we have achieved modding a game thats effectively still in alpha due to the massive code overhauls in every other version.
Now imagine what we could achieve by breaking off and giving ourself a stable, well optimised codebase to work from.​

*climbs off soapbox*

After Reading this, am I the only one that wander what a fully open source voxel game could look like? Just for fun!

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
After Reading this, am I the only one that wander what a fully open source voxel game could look like? Just for fun!
No. I seriously doubt it. The question is is there anyone that will make it happen, Or are we just going to sit around with our puds in our hands and talk about it.

I would like it to be inspired by minecraft and not a clone though. Kind of hard to make a distinction since mincraft is a much a detinition of a game type as mush as it is a game.