Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Was there an item, on Infinity, that could output a precise value of redstone signal? I'm trying to use a comparator next to a mana pool, but running some redstone and leaving a torch isn't pleasing me much on the eyes, so I was looking for something more compact. I believe something like this existed. Or am I dreaming?
I think maybe something from Automagy or Project:Red. Or maybe a buildcraft gate?
Dim Crystal+Redstone Torch from Automagy will do it.
A Programmable RedNet Controller can also be set to output specific redstone strengths on Rednet cables.

Never stumbled across anything simple from Project Red that will do it...

But... In case all you wish to do is detect when a pool is full/empty, you might as well just use a BC gate placed next to a Mana Pool.

Reactions: Ashendale

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Automagy isn't included in the pack, but the other alternatives are worth a shot. I'm trying to control my pools, so as to produce the necessary mana using Thermalilies with the Blood Magic ritual to keep my Elven Portal open without me giving a damn about it.

Each time Vazkii updates Botania after someone comes up to a solution to anything it feels like

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Was there an item, on Infinity, that could output a precise value of redstone signal? I'm trying to use a comparator next to a mana pool, but running some redstone and leaving a torch isn't pleasing me much on the eyes, so I was looking for something more compact. I believe something like this existed. Or am I dreaming?
Bibliocraft Bookcase, with the Redstone Volume One book. When that book is in it, the bookcase outputs a signal strength determined by what slot the book is in (0-7 across the top row, 8-15 across the bottom). Very useful in conjunction with the actual comparison/subtract function of the comparator.

Reactions: Ashendale

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Chests also output a comparator signal, depending on how much stuff is inside. Furnaces too. And I believe the Minecraft Wiki has a corresponding number of items to signal strength from comparator.

So, point a comparator out from the mana pool, right click it to set it to subtract mode, point another comparator towards the side of the first comparator, from a chest containing some number of items.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashendale and Pyure

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
Hey
Im looking for a good way to store lots of items... like flowers, seeds that tend to be hundreds of different variations but you only have a few of each.

For my main storage i use items from the mod Storage Drawer.
But it becomes a bit silly to have lots of items that i only have a few of in drawers.

Any other option than chests or barrels?
Do not recommend Applied Energitics as that is not an option for me right now.

Thanks in advance.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hey
Im looking for a good way to store lots of items... like flowers, seeds that tend to be hundreds of different variations but you only have a few of each.
For things like seeds that don't even share an ID and therefore cannot be stored in a filing cabinet, my lame go-to solution is sadly just a bigger chest. I don't know of anything better.
I typically keep seeds in a gold chest if you have iron chests in your pack (and you probably do). If you have EnderIO, it has a inventory management system (whose name escapes me) and which runs on distillation liquid or some such. Its like an extremely poor man's AE system but it would at least let you do "searches" on your flowers/seeds and such if you wanted to.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Hey

But it becomes a bit silly to have lots of items that i only have a few of in drawers.

Thanks in advance.
StorageSilo

Haven't played with it before because I don't have an active let's play, but it did pique my interest when I was pack developing.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hey

Thanks in advance.
Connect a Drawer Controller to your Storage Drawers. Put all your bulk items in the Drawers and lock them all. If you have empty drawers, then lock those too(if it is an earlier version you might need to put an item in, say a torch, lock and take it out).

Nearby you can set up some large chests(Iron Chest mod) or Filing Cabinets should work if it is the same type of items with just different stats that wont stack(Else the Advanced version should work regardless of type).

You can then use some sort of piping/sorting mod to first try to insert the items into the Controller and then into the chests as they are either available, you have filtered them or other more advanced methods.

I suggest using Logistics Pipes. Stick a Basic Pipe(or ItemSink module) on the Controller. This will attempt to insert all the items into the Storage drawers if it can(but we locked all the empty drawers ;))
Have some large chests somewhere with Basic Pipes on them in "Default Route" mode, to make anything that doesn't have a place go here(your random junk buffers). I suggest 4-5 large chests for a decent buffer for when exploring etc.
You could expand it with chests with the Polymorphic ItemSink module on them, so they will accept anything which is already in them(easy way to "program" your storage).
Stick Provider Pipes/modules on each chest/controller/whatever and add a Request Pipe(I suggest MK2) to the network and you instantly have a search and request network.
Add a Remote Orderer Pipe on an Ender Chest(paired with an Ender Pouch), pair it with a Remote Orderer and you now have access to your entire sorting network "on the go".

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
Having issues with drawer storage....

It works to put things into my drawer network from the controller. but one row at the end of my long wall of drawers are not getting any items.
i have tried to add several controller slaves but the last row of drawers will not fill up with items.
i have tried to move those drawers closer and then they work just fine.

is there a range limit even if i have controler slaves?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Having issues with drawer storage....

It works to put things into my drawer network from the controller. but one row at the end of my long wall of drawers are not getting any items.
i have tried to add several controller slaves but the last row of drawers will not fill up with items.
i have tried to move those drawers closer and then they work just fine.

is there a range limit even if i have controler slaves?
There is a range limit that controller slaves have no effect on. I don't remember what it is off the top of my head, but it's something like 25 blocks from the controller in all directions. Or maybe it's a 25x25x25 cube centered on the controller. Something like that. The slaves only let you go around corners and give additional places to hook up automation.

It's worth noting that that's an "as the crow flies" distance. The controller does not care about the shape of your drawer collection at all, as long as they're all touching and within whatever the range is of the controller.

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
how do i set extra utilities pipes to drop items in one location, but only if there is a place for them to go.
like hooked up to barrels. but if there is no place for them to go there, i want them to go to a chest for items to be sorted.

is there a module or setting for this
or does it only matter how long the distance to the last chest is?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Remember when that Ashendale idiot said that Resonant Rise 3 ran worse than Infinity and it didn't eat RAM and all that crap? I guess he forgot to mention (check) the effing render distance...

Yeah. Turns out RR was with 12 vs Infinity with 8 and the tard thought that nothing made sense.

Fun times... (FYI I'm now running RR3 with 140-160 FPS on a new world WITH mipmap on 4, using BetterFPS and Fastcraft, using between 900 and 1.3k MB)

Edit: 1.3k MB

Edit 2: I tried switching mipmap from off to 4 using Soartex and I do not note anything. Judging by rhn's reaction, that something is very horribly wrong with mipmap off, I feel like I'm not paying attention to what I should...

Last edited:
Reactions: PierceSG

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
enderIO fluid duct thingies. Is there a way of completely draining them of the liquid, I am done with this one liquid and would like to use the same pipe system for something else but each segment has like 12 or 20 of the old liquid left. I rather not have to tear it all down but if that is the way I have to do it.
\
edit: derp forgot about the empty bucket as soon as I hit post I remembered it.. nothing to see here folks, just me being an idiot

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
enderIO fluid duct thingies. Is there a way of completely draining them of the liquid, I am done with this one liquid and would like to use the same pipe system for something else but each segment has like 12 or 20 of the old liquid left. I rather not have to tear it all down but if that is the way I have to do it

You could pop a BuildCraft tank on a section of it. Breaking the tank destroys any fluid inside, so you can repeat as-needed until the system is drained.

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
There seems to be an issue with FTB Utilities and warps not working. Sometimes all warps will simply say that I've been warped but will do nothing. Another scenario was where I attempted to warp into a Mystcraft dimension and instead I was sent to the End and I fell into the void. Anyone know why this may be? Do the warps break after every server restart?