[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

TDG_BullDog

Jul 29, 2019
Really enjoying this pack and wanted share some build pics.. I need to start working on more quests as I'm spending too much time on building.. :)

2016-01-29_16.26.52_zpstgtjbp2u.png

2016-01-29_16.27.05_zpsyoc8nans.png

2016-01-29_16.27.19_zpsmhs78j0s.png

2016-01-29_16.27.33_zpsvli0ognk.png

2016-01-29_16.27.45_zps1mfxjfqn.png

2016-01-29_16.27.53_zps01sett9w.png

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Because the pure nodes spawned inside the trees are "dinky" I never would have bothered trying to move it with a jar. And I have found no way to separate the node from the log myself, again, not really worth the effort. Best pure node I've gotten so far was a 2 aspect, total 19 I think...

Did they change the mechanic on that? I could have sworn that careful chopping (i.e., positioning the cursor to hit the very edge of the log) allowed me to get the log and leave the node intact.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys, first post here,

This modpack is the first I ever tried with FeedTheBeast cause it sounded so cool, and it was indeed!

I'm currently using 0.9.0 (0.9.1 wouldn't launch) and I'm having a little trouble with those thermalilies.

I have a floodgate feeding lava into a ring of 8 floating thermalilies. I have a clock on 40 seconds (6000 recharge ticks/8=750ticks=37.5seconds)
BUT the same thermalily keeps using the lava, the one that is still recharging, as if it had priority. The other 7 don't get to use the lava.

Any ideas?
I just did a bit of testing (using a 9.1 world) and I must sadly conclude that the thermalily has been altered (nerfed) to impracticality. If lava is present while a lily is producing mana, that lily will not eat it and another can pick it up. However, if the lily is on its cool down cycle, it has priority over a lily that is waiting to produce mana and will eat the lava first, thus extending the cool down. If you can supply all 8 thermalilies with lava in less than 45 seconds (the time the first one produces mana before starting cool down), all of them will produce mana. You must then wait at least 6 minutes after the last one received lava to start the cycle again. That is, IMHO, clumsy beyond belief and more work than this particular dragon wants to undertake. Especially considering that an Endoflame produces about the same amount of mana from a block of coal (a bit more than a Dilute Mana Pool can hold) and is much better behaved. They (for now) won't try to pick up burnable objects while they are on cool down.

Last edited:

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
OK Question for the Buildcraft Gurus

I want a monitoring system. I have a Steel Tank with Biomass, I want the Fermenter setup to start processing when the Main tank is below 75%, but I don't want it to shut off until the tank fills.

I have access to the And/Or gates, just no clue how to set this up... Since one of the triggers is "Drops below 75%" it would reset as soon as the fermenters get rolling... so the And doesnt work

Thoughts? Help?

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Did they change the mechanic on that? I could have sworn that careful chopping (i.e., positioning the cursor to hit the very edge of the log) allowed me to get the log and leave the node intact.

Just tested on a 1,1,1 I had (useless anyhow)

Nope... if you have the block targeted at all, you are targeting the Node. You get the log but node-pop

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Using a BC pipe to supply the tank
OR gate (tank reading)
Drops below 75% = blue signal on
Fluid in pipe = blue signal on
Space in tank = red signal on

AND gate (redstone control on Biomass)
Blue signal on = Redstone on
Red signal on = Redstone on​

When tank is no longer full, red signal on.
When fluid level drops below 75%, blue signal turns on.
Both red and blue are on, so redstone signal is emitted- starting biomass.
As there is biomass in the pipe, the blue signal stays on above 75%
When the tank is full, the red signal turns off- stopping production.
Biomass level drains, and the pipe empties- turning off the blue signal.

Essentially the fluid in the pipe acts as the toggle mechanism.

Ryndi23

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure you can jar the nodes in silverwood logs just the same as as those in obsidian tomes, you just build the jar around the node as usual (a node occupies a whole block no matter what anyway) and in the process the totem block/silverwood log just disappears when the jar shrinks.

247PartyDude

Can anyone explain this error to me:

Deleted Regrowth, restarted FTB launcher, updated java, reinstalled... I'm on a mac if it makes a difference.

GMQb9tq.png

DarkMalady1

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a huge problem with this pack. I have previously played this pack and loved it. With the most recent update, all letters and symbols are transformed into white blocks and I cant read anything. I'm on a macbook pro with updated guts, playing Regrowth on the FTB launcher. HELP! I"M BORED AF!!!

247PartyDude

I'm having a huge problem with this pack. I have previously played this pack and loved it. With the most recent update, all letters and symbols are transformed into white blocks and I cant read anything. I'm on a macbook pro with updated guts, playing Regrowth on the FTB launcher. HELP! I"M BORED AF!!!

I'm having the same issue ^^

DarkMalady1

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I was just about to play a new instance with no cheats. I'm too aesthetic for me to not cheat in blocks to chisel.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Using a BC pipe to supply the tank
OR gate (tank reading)
Drops below 75% = blue signal on
Fluid in pipe = blue signal on
Space in tank = red signal on

AND gate (redstone control on Biomass)
Blue signal on = Redstone on
Red signal on = Redstone on​

When tank is no longer full, red signal on.
When fluid level drops below 75%, blue signal turns on.
Both red and blue are on, so redstone signal is emitted- starting biomass.
As there is biomass in the pipe, the blue signal stays on above 75%
When the tank is full, the red signal turns off- stopping production.
Biomass level drains, and the pipe empties- turning off the blue signal.

Essentially the fluid in the pipe acts as the toggle mechanism.
Worked like a charm!! thanks!

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
A few pages back there was something about hitting F3 and another key... this was specific to OSX so that should help you. For some reason I can't spot it now

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Really enjoying this pack and wanted share some build pics.. I need to start working on more quests as I'm spending too much time on building.. :)

That does look pretty cool :)
Questbook sits in a chest collecting dust. Last time I opened it there was a pile of rewards waiting where I'd inadvertently beaten quests while making aesthetic blocks :D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I anyone else having issues with the Drum of the Wild and cropsticks? it only harvests the same crops over and over rather than everything in range. Moving the drum produces the same pattern 1 block over. Using the horn of the wild produces similar results.
2016-01-30_23.46.48.png

Jem991

Jul 29, 2019
val snowball = <minecraft:snowball>;
val icy = <witchery:ingredient:78>;

recipes.addShaped(snowball, [[null, icy ,null], [icy, null, icy], [null, icy, null]]);

I made this. it is right ??

cestislife

Jul 29, 2019
That does look pretty cool :)
Questbook sits in a chest collecting dust. Last time I opened it there was a pile of rewards waiting where I'd inadvertently beaten quests while making aesthetic blocks :D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I anyone else having issues with the Drum of the Wild and cropsticks? it only harvests the same crops over and over rather than everything in range. Moving the drum produces the same pattern 1 block over. Using the horn of the wild produces similar results.
View attachment 25590
I think you have to use it multiple times to get all the crops.