[1.7.10] Do What You Want - DWYW [ProjectE] [Skyblock]

KingCreeperEli

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for taking my suggestion to heart, but IMO there's seriously no need to make this item THIS expensive. All it really allows you to do is to keep from having a room full of chest for all the stuff you can't burn for EMC & don't want to void. It costs experience to use and you can't automate it to my knowledge [unless maybe through AE?]. How is it you consider it so OP? With the inflated cost to create one, it's basically useless when you're at the level where you can craft it.

Might I suggest you make it uncraftable and either add it as a quest reward or perhaps as bag loot?

I was just doing that because I had no better recipe. If you give me a better recipe that I think is more fair, I will add it in. Also I like the loot idea, but I still think there should be a recipe, so if you(or anyone else) thinks of one, put it here.

lordliam13

Jul 29, 2019
honestly all it really needs at the moment is more quests, there are so many mods that intertwine and have so much too them but the quests don't really accommodate this, can i recommend going through each mod, looking for things that are important to learn and build your quests from there as well as creating the quests as if the people playing the modpack have never played or heard of a mod before. (I have seen many a time where people haven't heard of a mod and they cant continue with the modpack because they don't know what to do.)

KingCreeperEli

Jul 29, 2019
honestly all it really needs at the moment is more quests, there are so many mods that intertwine and have so much too them but the quests don't really accommodate this, can i recommend going through each mod, looking for things that are important to learn and build your quests from there as well as creating the quests as if the people playing the modpack have never played or heard of a mod before. (I have seen many a time where people haven't heard of a mod and they cant continue with the modpack because they don't know what to do.)

That's what I'm currently doing. I am adding quests. I am open to more mod suggestions, but I am mostly working on creating a ton more quests. :)

Cilaren

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I've noticed is that the mob heads are worth a ton of EMC 186,169. Might want to adjust that down. just to balance things a bit.
Also you may want to reduce the loot bag drop chance's since its quite high atm.

only problem I've had with the pack so far is the quest to go to the nether, it specifies a specific location (as opposed to just anywhere in the nether) in the nether which if you cant fly is rather annoying to get to especially if you have to go near a fortress... that has skeletons and blazes spawning. just waiting to knock you off your 1 slab wide platform.

Other than so far so good. Keep up the good work. ^.^

Edit: regarding the loot bags i get 1-5 loot bags every 2-5 min when i check my mob room.
and since even common loot bags can give up to Diamond level loot and if you have 4 common bags you can craft them together. to make the next tier and 4 of them for the next etc. so a 20.00% drop rate seems a bit high.

Last edited:

KingCreeperEli

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I've noticed is that the mob heads are worth a ton of EMC 186,169. Might want to adjust that down. just to balance things a bit.
Also you may want to reduce the loot bag drop chance's since its quite high atm.

only problem I've had with the pack so far is the quest to go to the nether, it specifies a specific location (as opposed to just anywhere in the nether) in the nether which if you cant fly is rather annoying to get to especially if you have to go near a fortress... that has skeletons and blazes spawning. just waiting to knock you off your 1 slab wide platform.

Other than so far so good. Keep up the good work. ^.^

Edit: regarding the loot bags i get 1-5 loot bags every 2-5 min when i check my mob room.
and since even common loot bags can give up to Diamond level loot and if you have 4 common bags you can craft them together. to make the next tier and 4 of them for the next etc. so a 20.00% drop rate seems a bit high.

I made the loot bag spawn rate lower by about half, removed emc from mob heads, and made it so you have to be in the nether, but not in a specific location in version 0.1.6, coming out towards the end of the week. I just added these changes in to my test version now, but I just uploaded an update yesterday, so the next update, 0.1.5 will not have these changes, but 0.1.6 will (towards the end of the week).

Also, I'm glad you like the pack. :)

EDIT: I just read the above and it seems pretty complicated to me, the person who wrote it. To sum it up, look out for versions 0.1.6 and higher, which have all these problems fixed (and more)!

Cilaren

Jul 29, 2019
One more thing that may need to be nerfed ( if it hasn't already) is draconium ingots. they are worth 7.5 Million EMC. and you can get them from end stone / ex nihilo, as well as reward bag 9 dont know which tier. since its a bit of a mid - late game mod maybe keeps it high, to gate progression into that mod a bit.
and end stone is easy to get. 1 ender pearl and 1 sandstone. end stone costs 1 emc allowing mass hammering of endstone to get Crushed endstone to Sift.

perhaps making 1 endstone = the enderpearls emc +the sandstone which is a bit over 1k emc. to prevent people from cheesing endstone at 1emc each.
even if you only got 4 broken draconium ore pieces out of 1 million endstone you still net 7.5 mill emc.

as for the mob heads maybe set the emc to something. even 1 is better than none. perhaps 1 head = 4 default drop. ie 1 skeleton head = 4 bones of emc.

KingCreeperEli

Jul 29, 2019
One more thing that may need to be nerfed ( if it hasn't already) is draconium ingots. they are worth 7.5 Million EMC. and you can get them from end stone / ex nihilo, as well as reward bag 9 dont know which tier. since its a bit of a mid - late game mod maybe keeps it high, to gate progression into that mod a bit.
and end stone is easy to get. 1 ender pearl and 1 sandstone. end stone costs 1 emc allowing mass hammering of endstone to get Crushed endstone to Sift.

perhaps making 1 endstone = the enderpearls emc +the sandstone which is a bit over 1k emc. to prevent people from cheesing endstone at 1emc each.
even if you only got 4 broken draconium ore pieces out of 1 million endstone you still net 7.5 mill emc.

as for the mob heads maybe set the emc to something. even 1 is better than none. perhaps 1 head = 4 default drop. ie 1 skeleton head = 4 bones of emc.

Next update will have end stone with a emc value of 1028 and mob heads still with no emc. I am leaving the mob heads with no emc, because they are something that you should have to get and search for by killing mobs. I don't want to make that part easier. :)

KingCreeperEli

Jul 29, 2019
Updated to version 0.1.6 with most of the requested updates by users and some other little changes

P.S. Chance cubes is now in the mod...and they have EMC... :)

A

aquajuice99

I started this modpack earlier today and I've gotten to the Nether quest, and I'm unsure how to get obsidian... Also, for the quest where you need to make clay it says use a water barrel, where am I supposed to get water from? I looked through other quests for solutions but couldn't find anything. Is this a mistake for the modpack or am I missing something?

EDIT: Never mind, I found out that the barrels fill up with water when it rains.

Last edited:

KingCreeperEli

Jul 29, 2019
I started this modpack earlier today and I've gotten to the Nether quest, and I'm unsure how to get obsidian... Also, for the quest where you need to make clay it says use a water barrel, where am I supposed to get water from? I looked through other quests for solutions but couldn't find anything. Is this a mistake for the modpack or am I missing something?
The only way to get water at the beginning is rain in a barrell. Then use a bucket to collect the rain water. For the obsidian, use a stone barrel with lava in it. Then pour water over the top of the lava filled stone barrel.

Naman

Jul 29, 2019
I absolutely LOVED ee2. im glad Project E revived it. I'm trying this pack now...

S

ShadowPacman

I've downloaded the modpack and it its pretty cool but I've having a problem that the mobs are not spawning. I tried seeing if the gambrel doMobSpawning was false buts it is as true so I can't see the reason to the be happening.

carlwheeser

Jul 29, 2019
I just downloaded the pack, haven't started playing yet. I am excited to check it out, it looks fun. EMC + Skyblock always ends as a fun time. I will be sure to send in screenshots of my setup, as requested on the home page of the thread.

KingCreeperEli

Jul 29, 2019
I just uploaded a new version of the pack to the FTB people. It is in a BETA state. It includes Expert-Mode-Esque Recipes and many new mods as well as the removal of some. HQM is still in the pack, but the book is not given to you at the start and I will probably not be updating quests. I am trying to make the game play a little harder (mostly the endgame) in terms of the recipe difficulty.

When version 0.1.9b is released, I will need people to download it off the curse or ftb launcher and beta test the pack. I want honest opinions of the game play, so I want people who can play it for a good amount of time to actually get to the meat of the pack.
I am looking for feedback:
-stuff to add
-recipes to change/add
-mods to change/add
-any customizations that could further the pack play-ability

There is no formal beta testing choosing process, but if you do test it and give me reasonable feedback that I can use, I will put you name in as a beta tester (on this page and maybe the pack's page).

This version (0.1.9b) will be available whenever the FTB Team decides to approve and upload it.

Thank you to all!

P.S. I will upload this post and the main thread post when the new version is available. (update modlist, put latest version, edit this post, etc.)

-Eli Sussman

KingCreeperEli

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE version 0.1.9 is now out (Please read my last post about providing feedback and becoming an official beta-tester!)

P

Popsnorkle

I'd like to suggest you reconsider requiring the nether star for a philosopher's stone. I played through your mod pack with the previous version and I felt that adding Project E was the major thing which set it apart from other sky block packs, and it really freshened up the experience.

If you want to push some of Project E further back into the game perhaps gate the energy collectors with higher resource requirements? I enjoyed setting up some alternative EMC farms.

Either way thanks for your work on this. I had a good time with it.

KingCreeperEli

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to suggest you reconsider requiring the nether star for a philosopher's stone. I played through your mod pack with the previous version and I felt that adding Project E was the major thing which set it apart from other sky block packs, and it really freshened up the experience.

If you want to push some of Project E further back into the game perhaps gate the energy collectors with higher resource requirements? I enjoyed setting up some alternative EMC farms.

Either way thanks for your work on this. I had a good time with it.
Thanks for the feedback! I am actually playing through it as well, and didn't realize I did that until I got the the point that I wanted the transmutation table :p I am actually thinking about giving the philosopher's stone at the beginning, when you start up a new world, but would like to know what people think of that? I'm glad you had/are having a good time with the pack. I worked hard on it. :)

P

Popsnorkle

You said "Expert-Mode-Esque" and you weren't kidding! It felt deja vu as I discovered the changes. It seems like the name of the pack no longer fits, because there was a lot I wanted to do but couldn't because of the altered recipes :). I'm not opposed to the idea of expert mode (I played it for 6 weeks at least), but it's not what I was expecting or looking for. I'm giving it a go to see how it feels when mixed with sky block and Project E.

Here are a few notes:
  • Charcoal (8 EMC) pulverizes into pulverized charcoal (16 EMC).
  • There's no recipe for pyrotheum or cryotheum, perhaps because there's no electrotine (which I think is actually electroline).
  • Please add EMC values for Ex Nihilo dust and Ex Astris limestone.
  • Why remove EMC values for all the machines?
  • Why no EMC value for refined iron (but there is for Tinkers' steel)?