[1.7.10] Do What You Want - DWYW [ProjectE] [Skyblock]

R

raven235

so total noob here are there any guide's to this pack sound fun but i has no clue what i'm doing

KingCreeperEli

Jul 29, 2019
so total noob here are there any guide's to this pack sound fun but i has no clue what i'm doing
I wish there was, but not yet. If you have any questions, however broad, just ask. I can try to explain stuff if you don't get it or know what to do next. I'm hoping someone can do a let's play eventually, but I guess nobody wants to yet. The point of the pack is to have fun and do what YOU want, so have fun. I'll answer any questions you have :)

R

raven235

yea i figured out how to turn HQM on when world starts the book is helping me a tone but the reward bags seem tad opish
still in wood age tho the first tree can take a while to grow

KingCreeperEli

Jul 29, 2019
yea i figured out how to turn HQM on when world starts the book is helping me a tone but the reward bags seem tad opish
still in wood age tho the first tree can take a while to grow
You can spam the shift button near a tree to get the tree to grow. Also, the reason the hqm mode (book and reward bags) is off by default because it was kind of OPish and I did not have time to add tons of rewards and quests to balance it out. If I had somebody to make quests for me I would take them on in a heartbeat. I just did not have the time to make all those quests and rewards by myself. Glad you are getting through the pack thus far, so if you have anymore questions, just ask.

R

raven235

if you send me a link on how to make quests and a list of what you need i'll look in to it no promise's tho , i'll give it a bash see if i can do it

1 quest the book needs is how to get dirt from barrels cause i made a total ass of my self trying find that out LOL

Last edited:

KingCreeperEli

Jul 29, 2019
if you send me a link on how to make quests and a list of what you need i'll look in to it no promise's tho , i'll give it a bash see if i can do it

1 quest the book needs is how to get dirt from barrels cause i made a total ass of my self trying find that out LOL
If somebody wants to make me quests, that's fine, but they need to know the modpack pretty well. The reason I stopped is because I didn't have time to think up the quests, so I need someone to think up fun and interesting quests that teach the user a little about the pack. If you want to do it, I would recommend using the pack a little more to get a good grasp on it. Once/If you do want to make quests for the pack, you can go into the folder called "configs" and find the "hqm" config. Open it up in a text editor and change "editmode=false" to "editmode=true". Then when you load the game back up you can directly make quests and add them into the book. If you have any questions about the direction I want the pack to go, just ask. Also, whenever you feel you are done, send the "hqm" directory to me and I'll try out the pack with the quests. If you still want to do this then good luck :) I will put your name in the credits if you do.

R

raven235

i'll dig into it in my spare time ... when i'm not actually playing the pack and we will see what i get

A

Amerusi

I just downloaded it to try it out, and I have a couple questions, 1. Any ideas of adding Optifine? 2. Is this HQM?

KingCreeperEli

Jul 29, 2019
I just downloaded it to try it out, and I have a couple questions, 1. Any ideas of adding Optifine? 2. Is this HQM?
Is there really a need to add optifine? The pack has HQM installed, but not currently activated or maintained.

Last edited:
H

hicks

yo is twilight forest's portal disabled ? cause i can't seem to make it

KingCreeperEli

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. I didn't think that there should be any full world's (except deep dark) because it is skyblock. Twilight Forest is a full world. The only reason it is even in the pack is to allow for the Uncrafting table.

H

hicks

sooo why is the brewing stand eating my bottles ?

oh god i'm an idiot i put the stand on top of the red natter furnace it's been stealing my bottles dang i feel like a twit

KingCreeperEli

Jul 29, 2019
sooo why is the brewing stand eating my bottles ?

oh god i'm an idiot i put the stand on top of the red natter furnace it's been stealing my bottles dang i feel like a twit
I started investigating it and couldn't find anything. That would explain why! :p

Voulge

Jul 29, 2019
I like Project E. And your modpack makes it a challenge. Thanks. I am enjoying your setup very much :)

KingCreeperEli

Jul 29, 2019
I like Project E. And your modpack makes it a challenge. Thanks. I am enjoying your setup very much :)
I'm glad you're enjoying it. I kept hearing that project e is overpowered, so I tried to make it more of a challenge. If you have any suggestions, post them here! :)

K

kwak123

Liking the pack! Nice touch in using the expert-mode recipes. I decided to only use plant material to generate EMC. Gives ProjectE a somewhat balanced feel to the pack. It also prioritizes actually building infrastructure instead of just using EMC for everything. There's a noticeable lack of end-game goals, however. Maybe some form of challenge book?