Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I never start cleaning up my warp until I've had all 3 major warp-related unlocks. Sometimes i don't even bother cleaning it up, as most the warp-gated things I use aren't warping themselves, and thus warp leaves me alone mostly unless I go to the outer lands or otherwise get some more warp.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I never start cleaning up my warp until I've had all 3 major warp-related unlocks. Sometimes i don't even bother cleaning it up, as most the warp-gated things I use aren't warping themselves, and thus warp leaves me alone mostly unless I go to the outer lands or otherwise get some more warp.
That's actually a useful reminder you've touched on but many ppl prolly don't know about. Even when you have "max" warp (for all intents and purposes), its ability to actually impact you fades away until you do something to generate warp. IIRC anyway.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I generally just ignore warp because the only effect I really find annoying is sun scorched, most of the others are relatively easy to deal with, except for eldritch guardians anyway but they get easier the stronger you are. Sun scorched is just annoying.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
I generally just ignore warp because the only effect I really find annoying is sun scorched, most of the others are relatively easy to deal with, except for eldritch guardians anyway but they get easier the stronger you are. Sun scorched is just annoying.
And the best one is Deadly Gaze whioe you're doing PvP

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Some time later, you should. Has a cool vat infusion system that you can even cheat death with.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I like Thaumrria myself. Leaves little puddles of Flux all over the place. :D

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

V

Viperion

You need a ranged weapon. The elephants' melee range is longer than yours, so they'll hit you and knock you back before you can get close enough to hit them with a sword.
Shot at them with a fully charged Power V bow (vanilla) and they just bounced off. Any other ideas?

V

Viperion

Huh. I guess I'm remembering outdated information.

Try an MFR Grinder, or something of that nature?
MFR (and all the tech mods) aren't in the Magequest pack (or I'd just make a Tinkers Manyullyan(sp?) crossbow and kill it that way. Maybe there's a spell that can catapult it over the town wall or something :p

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
MFR (and all the tech mods) aren't in the Magequest pack (or I'd just make a Tinkers Manyullyan(sp?) crossbow and kill it that way. Maybe there's a spell that can catapult it over the town wall or something :p
Oh, Mage Quest. Um... Is Thaumic Tinkerer in that pack? You might be able to drag it around with Corporeal Attractors and get it out of your way, at least...

Have you tried any of the offensive Thaumcraft foci? Maybe the elephant is vulnerable to fire or lightning damage?

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Im looking to make a Dragon age with RFtools. Unfortunately after researching 4K dimlets i didnt get it so i was going to make it. I resurrected the dragon thru draconic evolution and used the syringe but it wasnt collecting the essence. I went ahead and make a 2nd one and used it on a cow to see if i was doing it right and i was, it collected the cow essence. Im still killing enderman thru an automated system to get dimlets but that might take a while to get the dragon dimlet. Do i have to do something different with the dragon to collect the essense so i can craft the dimlet instead??

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Im looking to make a Dragon age with RFtools. Unfortunately after researching 4K dimlets i didnt get it so i was going to make it. I resurrected the dragon thru draconic evolution and used the syringe but it wasnt collecting the essence. I went ahead and make a 2nd one and used it on a cow to see if i was doing it right and i was, it collected the cow essence. Im still killing enderman thru an automated system to get dimlets but that might take a while to get the dragon dimlet. Do i have to do something different with the dragon to collect the essense so i can craft the dimlet instead??
There have been bugs in other mods (specifically Chromaticraft, to my knowledge) where they didn't recognize the dragons in Draconic Evolution and Hardcore Ender Expansion as being actual dragons. I'm guessing that the same thing is going on here.

You might have to regenerate the End to get the vanilla Enderdragon to spawn so you can draw its blood.

V

Viperion

Oh, Mage Quest. Um... Is Thaumic Tinkerer in that pack? You might be able to drag it around with Corporeal Attractors and get it out of your way, at least...

Have you tried any of the offensive Thaumcraft foci? Maybe the elephant is vulnerable to fire or lightning damage?
Thaumic Tinkerer is in the pack, yeah. I've just got to the point of crafting the Wand Foci (it's pretty early in); looks like the Shock one doesn't work will try Ice and Fire and report back :)