Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
something to look as is if you have stuff in a smeltery especially multiple different fluids. that is a FPS killer

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Speaking of opis, why was it removed from infinity evolved? I've looked for its supposed alternative and haven't found it

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
That sounds promising, will take a look when I get on again later, thank you!
Any time!

Speaking of opis, why was it removed from infinity evolved? I've looked for its supposed alternative and haven't found it
I've no idea, honestly. I don't care for JourneyMap, so I replace it with Opis. I think it used to have a lag issue on servers, but I haven't had an issue with it, so far.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Any time!

I've no idea, honestly. I don't care for JourneyMap, so I replace it with Opis. I think it used to have a lag issue on servers, but I haven't had an issue with it, so far.
I've been trying to find the source of lag in my base, but without opis I can't.

V

Viperion

In the Mage Quest HQM pack there are Elephants (from Menagerie). They appear to be unkillable (what seems to be going on is that they don't have a hitbox, although I haven't tried F3+B yet to confirm that) - anyone run into this before and now how to get rid of them?

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
1) How do I charge a project red electric screwdriver?
2) The heck are agricraft clippers for? They're undocumented in the MCForum thread.
3) I just fused with my smeltery, how do I get blood out of it? I'm too early in Expert mode to pipe it out.

Last edited:

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
1) How do I charge a project red electric screwdriver?
2) The heck are agricraft clippers for? They're undocumented in the MCForum thread.
3) I just fused with my smeltery, how do I get blood out of it? I'm too early in Expert mode to pipe it out.
In order:

1) Project Red has a battery box, generators, and wire now similar to RedPower. I believe you charge the screwdriver either by putting it into a battery box, or crafting it with a charged battery...don't recall which.
2) Clippers allow you to get plant clippings (max of 5 when your plant's mature) that you can use to spread crops more easily, without the need for cross-breeding sticks. Note that there's a chance of planting failure for anything with <10 strength.
3) I think you can use a pan cast to get congealed blood, but don't quote me on that.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
In the Mage Quest HQM pack there are Elephants (from Menagerie). They appear to be unkillable (what seems to be going on is that they don't have a hitbox, although I haven't tried F3+B yet to confirm that) - anyone run into this before and now how to get rid of them?
You need a ranged weapon. The elephants' melee range is longer than yours, so they'll hit you and knock you back before you can get close enough to hit them with a sword.

In order:

1) Project Red has a battery box, generators, and wire now similar to RedPower. I believe you charge the screwdriver either by putting it into a battery box, or crafting it with a charged battery...don't recall which.
If neither of those work, put the screwdriver and a charged battery next to each other in your hotbar and right-click the battery. That's how it worked in Redpower.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
at one point they were killable its just they had sooo much normal armor(think 1.6 bound armor without upkeep) it was impossible to do so without special tools (extra ultilies had one of the special tools , tinkers another one ive heard anyways , there may have been more idk)

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
About to take my base apart bit by bit to search for the source of my fps lag & was wondering if there is any mod or maybe any suggestions to tracking this down before demolitions begin?

Modest base running off bees (30'ish industrial apiaries) so no massive production a few centrifuges, magma crucibles & item storage combo of storage drawers (20'ish) & basic ae setup. Power is a single nether star generator. And a basic Botania setup. Tree farm buried far under ground. FPS lag arrived after last update & is only at my base. It's not a server performance issue.

Custom Pack hosted on server (spoilered below)
i7-4712MQ /8gb (4gb for MC)
Geforce 750M

DragonAPI
RotaryCraft
AOBD
Extra Utilites
ChickenChunks
CodeChickenCore
EnderStorage
NotEnoughItems
WR-CBE
CodeChickenLib
ForgeMultipart
HungerOverhaul
AppleCore
Pam's HarvestCraft
Applied Energistics 2
AE2 Stuff
BD Lib
Aroma1997Core
AromaBackup
Backpack
Gendustry
Forestry
Binne Core
BiblioCraft
BiblioWoods - BOP Edition
BiblioWoods - Forestry Edition
BiblioWoods - Natura Edition
Natura
Mantle
Tconstruct
Tinkers Mechworks
Biomes O Plenty
Big Reactors
CoFHCore
Thermal Foundation
MineFactoryReloaded
Thermal Expansion
Thermal Dynamics
RedstoneArsenal
CoFHLib
Dark Menagerie
Dense Ores
BloodMagic
Botania
Carpenters Blocks
Chisel2
EnderIO
EnderZoo
Baubles
Inventory Tweaks
IguanaTinkerTweaks
IronChest
Jabba
StorageDrawers
JourneyMap
Mekanism
MekanismGenerators
MekanismTools
MobiusCore
Opis
neiaddons
NEIIntegration
NotEnoughCodecs
NotEnoughKeys
Openblocks
OpenModsLib
AgriCraft
MrTJPCore
ProjectRed
ProjectRed
ProjectRed
ProjectRed
ProjectRed
ProjectRed
Railcraft
RandomThings
Router Reborn
StevesAddons
Steves Factory Manager
StevesWorkShop
Thaumcraft
TCNodeTracker
Thaumcraft NEI
Thaumicenergistics
ThaumicExploration
ThaumicTinkerer
TiCTooltips
TwilightForest
Waila
WailaHarvestability
Warpbook
Wildcaves 3
CustomOreGen
Decocraft
ATG
Fastcraft
FlatSigns
NoMoreRecipeConflict
Witchery
Morpheus
ArcaneArteries
Guide-API
Sanguimancy
iChunUtil-4.1.0
Morph-Beta-0.9.2
Technomancy - 0.12.1A - 1.7.10
Thaumcraft Minus Thaumcraft
magicbees
ImmersiveEngineering

As always thanks for any assistance given :)
20 drawers shouldn't be terrible, but the FPS hit from labels can add up. If they light up under Opis, you can use the concealment key to eliminate any FPS hit from them.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
So how could I make it so that the TiCon smeltery gives 8mB per ore that is 1/18 of an ingot or 1/2 a nugget. The TiCon config doesn't except 0.055 it defaults it back to 2. So would I need to Minetweak everything? Is there an easier way than logging every ore and fluid in MT scripts?

O

Oculus Rex

In the spirit of keeping the forum tiday, I'll ask here.

Is there a current materials calculator for ME Storage Drive chips? I've got 7 bays currently and I want to fill them all with 64k drives. However, I want to have the required number of each type of chip in the ME before I start crafting modules.

Cheers.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Correct me if im wrong but can I use Modtweaks to completly remove an item recipe(locked out) server side? or does it have to be client and server? Also can I do the same on blocking a mod entirely out of NEI through the server configs as well?

Modtweaker can be done server side and the clients will recognize it. No need to modify the clients. And it can disable, add, or change various recipes. I typically test in my SP test world to make sure it works then I upload the finished script to the server and run the /mt reload command.

Reactions: O13SC3N3

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
So I opened up the eldrich tab in Thaumcraft but watching tutorials I see a second apiphonie dot. I don't have that, and have been liberal with the salts and soap. Do I need to stop with the cleansing to open up the other half?

Sent from my igloo using Canadian Goose Mesenger

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
So I opened up the eldrich tab in Thaumcraft but watching tutorials I see a second apiphonie dot. I don't have that, and have been liberal with the salts and soap. Do I need to stop with the cleansing to open up the other half?

Sent from my igloo using Canadian Goose Mesenger
Stop cleaning your warp and I think that you may need the Eldrtich book or is that the Eldritch revelation?

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I always thought that eldrich tab getting unblocked based on the total amount of warp you generated in the past.
Not taking in mind if you clensed it away already.
Also I never got there so I may be wrong. But since I just getting started now with that would be interesting to know how this works.