Official FTB Pack Suggestions Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
This thread will serve as a central place for people to suggest and discuss mod additions, config changes and recipe tweaks for FTB packs.

I will try to keep a running list in the OP of rejected suggestions to avoid repetition, so here are the rules for the thread.
  • If a suggestion has been added to the OP, do not discuss or resuggest it. If something notable changes related to the suggestion, you may ask to open the discussion back up.
  • Do not post bugs in this thread
  • If you are making a suggestion, include the name of the pack at the beginning of your post
You can suggest for any pack, but at the time of this writing, 1.7 packs other than skyblock are complete, so it is highly unlikely they would be changed.

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
a suggestion for Infinity Evolved Expert that I have is about Thaumcraft's Cheat Sheet. currently it's disabled and normally you're not able to legitly acquire one in game, but with Expert mode several creative items have crafting recipes, so I was thinking of having a recipe for the cheat sheet aswell, because not everyone like to do all the thaumcraft research.

though it wouldn't be a simple item to get, just as the other creative items. you need to have done some thaumcraft research first, and the recipe would be an infusion recipe with the thaumonomicon in the center, surrounded by guides from other magic mods on the pedestals, such as the lexicon from Botania, all the guide books from Witchery, the draconic tablet from Draconic Evolution, sanguine scientiem from Blood Magic and any other ones that I've forgotten to mention.

for essentia the infusion would require alot of sensus and you'll require to stabilize the infusion with a decent setup. it'd be perfect if the cheat sheet would be a one-time use item which gets used up when you use it, but sadly that's not the case.

basically this recipe would be for players who don't like doing thaumcraft research and motivates players to advanced in other magic mods first, and if they're decent into the other magic mods, they can craft the cheat sheet to continue in thaumcraft without doing most of the research (you'll still need to do some of the basic thaumcraft research)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
a suggestion for Infinity Evolved Expert that I have is about Thaumcraft's Cheat Sheet. currently it's disabled and normally you're not able to legitly acquire one in game, but with Expert mode several creative items have crafting recipes, so I was thinking of having a recipe for the cheat sheet aswell, because not everyone like to do all the thaumcraft research.

though it wouldn't be a simple item to get, just as the other creative items. you need to have done some thaumcraft research first, and the recipe would be an infusion recipe with the thaumonomicon in the center, surrounded by guides from other magic mods on the pedestals, such as the lexicon from Botania, all the guide books from Witchery, the draconic tablet from Draconic Evolution, sanguine scientiem from Blood Magic and any other ones that I've forgotten to mention.

for essentia the infusion would require alot of sensus and you'll require to stabilize the infusion with a decent setup. it'd be perfect if the cheat sheet would be a one-time use item which gets used up when you use it, but sadly that's not the case.

basically this recipe would be for players who don't like doing thaumcraft research and motivates players to advanced in other magic mods first, and if they're decent into the other magic mods, they can craft the cheat sheet to continue in thaumcraft without doing most of the research (you'll still need to do some of the basic thaumcraft research)

Using the TC Cheat Sheet in a non-creative setting comes with serious repercussions. All of the warp associated with Forbidden Magic will arrive at once, making your life hell until you can create enough soap and a spa to counter it. If you are not sufficiently prepared (high quality armor weapons and armor, to say the least), your world has a chance to be nearly unplayable due to warp effects.

On the other hand, maybe it would fit right in...

Reactions: Yusunoha and Flipz

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
Using the TC Cheat Sheet in a non-creative setting comes with serious repercussions. All of the warp associated with Forbidden Magic will arrive at once, making your life hell until you can create enough soap and a spa to counter it. If you are not sufficiently prepared (high quality armor weapons and armor, to say the least), your world has a chance to be nearly unplayable due to warp effects.

I'd argue that fits right in with the Evolved playstyle; if you super-grind and try to skip tiers without preparation, you're gonna have a bad time. Plus, by the time you have infusion (in Evolved) you likely have a significant amount of weapons and armor options (both tech and magic), so it's not like you're starting a new world and then getting max warp.

Reactions: Yusunoha

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

there's a way to bypass the crafting of soap... thaumcraft villagers. there's a trade where you can trade 5 emeralds for 1 soap, so you're able to prepare for that moment
but I think it does fit the pack, if you blindly just do this without preparation, you're going to have a bad time [click]

Reactions: MagicMage1238

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
ooh! new topic!

For IE:E, I do think that more recipes for creative items would be a fun concept, but you could try and mix it up by giving players infinite of a very specific / useless resource for cheaper, ie a creative tank of sludge made from large quantities of toxic materials. That way, the player could work out infrastructure for making use of that seemingly useless item.

Last edited:
Reactions: Renton Terrace

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
On the subject of a "TC cheat sheet" in IE:E (Infinity Evolved: Expert) mode, given that you have to progress through all the magic mods evenly, by the time you could craft the cheat sheet would you still need it?

Great idea for a thread... Three thoughts:

1). Could this be pinned near the top for prominence? [edit] D'oh! already done :rolleyes:
2). At some point maybe sub-thread it by pack to allow the thread to be locked when no more FtB effort will be put into additions.
3). You realize you are expecting the average forum denizen to actually read the thread before possibly posting duplicates. right? :D

Last edited:

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
List of ideas/rejects listed in the top post :) Though reading that is still an incredibly high expectation :p

I know that the stuff will be posted in the original post, but if I had a penny for every forum post that was a response to the forum title without reading any other posts, the recent powerball jackpot (1.6 billion $US last I heard that day) here in the US would be chump-change in comparison :D

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
On the subject of a "TC cheat sheet" in IE:E (Infinity Evolved: Expert) mode, given that you have to progress through all the magic mods evenly, by the time you could craft the cheat sheet would you still need it?

Great idea for a thread... Three thoughts:

1). Could this be pinned near the top for prominence? [edit] D'oh! already done :rolleyes:
2). At some point maybe sub-thread it by pack to allow the thread to be locked when no more FtB effort will be put into additions.
3). You realize you are expecting the average forum denizen to actually read the thread before possibly posting duplicates. right? :D

thaumcraft itself has alot of research, the addons add even more research... by the time you can craft this item I'm sure there's still more researches to be done, if you try to get to this item as fast as possible that is.
but a recipe like this would certainly be on my list of things to be done as fast as possible

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
thaumcraft itself has alot of research, the addons add even more research... by the time you can craft this item I'm sure there's still more researches to be done, if you try to get to this item as fast as possible that is.
but a recipe like this would certainly be on my list of things to be done as fast as possible

Granted, I see the value as an "Achievement Trophy" but I just don't see it being too useful.

But then again, I never have advanced very far in Thaumcraft, although ver. 5 looks intriguing after having removed the need to scan for research points. I like that each research you tackle gives you a finite set of temporary points to complete the research, combining for compound essences (if needed) to connect the dots. :D

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
A small suggestion I have, is change something on IE:E so that I cannot simply cook cobblestone, put it in chisel, and make moss for all my tinkers tools. I am not sure if this is intentional, but it feels rather exploity. Personally, I feel like it would be better gated behind an aqueous accumulator or having to find moss stone. Other upgrades like (I think it is the servo that makes tools use RF instead of durability) seem pointless when I can just slap moss on everything. Do I really need to put moss on everything as soon as I get iron tools? No, but I did that during that stage of the game simply because it was so easy and would save me a couple iron.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
A small suggestion I have, is change something on IE:E so that I cannot simply cook cobblestone, put it in chisel, and make moss for all my tinkers tools. I am not sure if this is intentional, but it feels rather exploity. Personally, I feel like it would be better gated behind an aqueous accumulator or having to find moss stone. Other upgrades like (I think it is the servo that makes tools use RF instead of durability) seem pointless when I can just slap moss on everything. Do I really need to put moss on everything as soon as I get iron tools? No, but I did that during that stage of the game simply because it was so easy and would save me a couple iron.

to be honest, nowadays that are several mods that add recipes for mossy cobblestone, and seeing as the mossy modifier is not that good compared to the flux capacitor modifiers, it shouldn't be that big of a deal.
sure, using several moss modifiers on a tool increased the repair speed, but at the cost of precious modifier slots that could be used for other things.

Reactions: RedBoss

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
As for mossy vs flux, in IE:E I only use one tool with Flux. My Hammer, and the amount i'm using that I could probably get away with moss. It all depends on how I use the tool. If it's constantly used, like a hammer, I'll go with flux, but that's really the only tool (maybe excavator will also get flux if I make one) I give flux. All others I use sporadically enough that mossy can easily keep up.

EDIT: I'll also note that I live in a magical forest, which was the source of all the mossy cobble I used.

T

total4ever

FTB Infinity Expert Mode

The recipe for Applied Energistics 2's Color Applicator is pretty expensive for what is does. The problem is it requires an Energy Cell, which requires an Energy Acceptor and we all know that's pretty expensive. Yes, it's true we can live without it, but it's really easy to organize networks using this tool instead of having to break, color and replace every cable when you want to change its color.

My suggestion is to change the Recipe for the Color Applicator to not require an Energy Cell, probably replacing it with some cheaper alternative.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
to be honest, nowadays that are several mods that add recipes for mossy cobblestone, and seeing as the mossy modifier is not that good compared to the flux capacitor modifiers, it shouldn't be that big of a deal.
sure, using several moss modifiers on a tool increased the repair speed, but at the cost of precious modifier slots that could be used for other things.

While it can change, it looks like mossy cobble is no longer implemented in TiCo in the 1.8.9 version... at least it's not there as implemented on FC1 (see DW20's Server Play Series 8)

[Edit] I just remembered, there is currently (on the FC1 version) a new trait on newly made Iron tools... "Magnetic". This pulls broken blocks automatically to your inventory but seems to have a range of one, maybe two blocks maximum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
In the name of everything holy; add a recipe for converting clay block into clay balls.
Bro, just set up an autonomous activator (or equivalent) to break it for you, or even mine in manually. Problem solved. :D

Of course, you probably knew that... But still. It's not that hard to do. :p

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Bro, just set up an autonomous activator (or equivalent) to break it for you, or even mine in manually. Problem solved. :D

Of course, you probably knew that... But still. It's not that hard to do. :p

If this was a reoccurring thing, I'd do that every time. Almost every clay source produces balls, so building a machine for the odd times I need it doesn't really seem worthwhile.
This is coming from someone who likes building mechanisms and in-world automation.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Ontopic~
Would it be possible/viable for FTBtweaks to to include an additional feature that'll auto-download a server's custom profile?
That way admin can tinker with stuff, and have the user's clients automatically sync to the server's settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flipz and Inaeo

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
While it can change, it looks like mossy cobble is no longer implemented in TiCo in the 1.8.9 version... at least it's not there as implemented on FC1 (see DW20's Server Play Series 8)

[Edit] I just remembered, there is currently (on the FC1 version) a new trait on newly made Iron tools... "Magnetic". This pulls broken blocks automatically to your inventory but seems to have a range of one, maybe two blocks maximum.

TiCo 1.8.9 is in Unstable as well...as far as I can tell, there is no way to auto-repair or repair using power at all. ;) There's a lot of cool material-based modifiers, though (protip: Knightslime plate on an Obsidian Excavator/Lumber Axe is an INSANE combo, since Obsidian mines at Cobalt level and Knightslime's "Unnatural" modifier massively boosts harvest speed when harvesting blocks of low tiers), and since you can replace tool parts at will there's much more room for experimentation than in previous versions. I really dig it. :)