[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Filled out a survey. Just want to reiterate what I said on the last page: TAINT IS *PURE* EVIL. EVERY good spot I find to settle has a taint biome or one of those eldrich altar thingies within sight if you fly up to ~200 height.... I ended up going back to....think it's 0.0.6?....to get to a version where taint wasn't EVERYWHERE.
You...have weird bad luck with Taint.

The thing that pisses me off most is: I find a spot that LOOKS like it doesn't have any nearby Thaum stuff, and then I get all set up and go on my usual Botania flower hunt. I always leave a chunkloader at my base, and 99.999% of the time I find taint on my front steps when I come back. I used to LIKE thaumcraft, too, back when all you had to worry about was wisps from too much flux.
Taint biome spreading was turned off this update, so that is no longer possible.

Th3Ch053n0n3

Jul 29, 2019
Tell me about it, Caigan. My luck in GENERAL is horrible. I might just set up a second profile with .12 to try it out, since you turned off taint spread.

Everlasting, I had a world where I used an ender quarry to make a new base. (I prefer underground with a small aboveground hut-like protrusion) The E-Quarry chunkloads itself, but only after it is loaded initally, so I put a loader there for when I quit and reloaded the world. I also use a smeltry to make most of my ore early game, and I automate it with a timer and a hopper, so there's that too.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Tell me about it, Caigan. My luck in GENERAL is horrible. I might just set up a second profile with .12 to try it out, since you turned off taint spread.

Everlasting, I had a world where I used an ender quarry to make a new base. (I prefer underground with a small aboveground hut-like protrusion) The E-Quarry chunkloads itself, but only after it is loaded initally, so I put a loader there for when I quit and reloaded the world. I also use a smeltry to make most of my ore early game, and I automate it with a timer and a hopper, so there's that too.
Try the seed Kirito on 1.2. It has a sizeable taint biome near spawn, but it it by no means everywhere.

M

MrWisski

Ah, this. It's been 'fixed in dev' but the dev version with the fix hasn't been released yet.

To fix it, you'll need to break/delete the blocks in the world. Your choices : Roll the Thermal Expansion mods back to the July 13ish non-beta releases from last year. This would be CofHCore, Thermal Expansion, Thermal Foundation, and MineFactory Reloaded. Only blocks you'll lose are, I believe, the new TE Workbench tiers, but it will leave only the Thermalexpansion:device blocks left, which can you go and break.

Either way, you'll want to avoid using the Workbenches afterward, it isn't clear if its just a world where the Workbench existed before the Tier's were added, or if its all workbenches, period (I've placed them down trying to find the issue and left them there with no crashes, so...)

EDIT : I need to update the log-in messages anyways, I'll add one to warn people not to use the Workbenches for now.

Also need NetherOres, from july 20th. Reverting back to those versions, starting the server, saving the world, and then restoring the versions in the update seems to have solved the "Class is missing a mapping" crash, with minimal impact on the world. Thank you for the assistance :D

In this case, it was almost certainly pre-existing workbenches from 0.1.1 being upgraded - i tried placing a few workbenches in the updated world, with no negative impact at all.

Reactions: An0nymuS

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
i was surprised there was no middle option in the survey question "how far have u gotten in the quest lines" between all quests besides the new ones done and 1 major line done .
would a good answer for in between be "i have unlocked the ability to buy draconium from the corporate shop" this might not be a good example, but the gap between 1 major questline and all quests from the prior version done seems way way to large

L

Lizardry

I just created this account to let you know, I enjoy this modpack I really do, but I need to report a bug I've come across that seems repeatable. My game seems to freeze whenever I kill an alligator from project zulu. Like hard freeze to where I have to either kill minecraft through the launcher or through task manager. 2nd, I think adding the apple core mod might be a nice addition, It adds the ability to see how filling food is without adding difficulty like spice of life or hunger overhaul, just the UI of how much hunger and saturation the food fills.

Reactions: An0nymuS

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
So me a a couple of friends were exploring around a realistic world in TFB, and we noticed a distinct lack of villages. So I used admin commands toolbox to pregen a 100,000 chunk world and automapped it with journeymap. I couldn't find a single village on the entire map. So I dug in the configs, and in the RTG configs, I made B:"Enable village modifications"=true to false. Then I created a new world with the same seed and there were at least 4 villages within a 50 chunk radius.

In short, with the default configs, virtually no villages spawn. Setting B:"Enable village modifications"=true to false fixes that problem. Alternatively, you could go into the witchery config and disable their modifications which should theoretically also fix the problem.

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
Pre-update we had fish swimming in the ocean. . . Post update none. What mod were they from? Thought Project Zulu. Binnie's?

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
Guess I should have read the changelog:)

On a sad note. . . I guess I will need to explain to my son where his pet fish went when it. . . disappear:)

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius

Umbar23

Jul 29, 2019
Hi i was wonder if I could get some help I cant seem to get this modpack to run on multiplayer this is the first time ever trying to run this pack and it keeps giving me this weird error

Can't revert to frozen GameData state without freezing first

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
What: The Ferret Business: The Labors Of Valentine & Friends
This is a new regular Saturday livestream of the shenanigans of Valentine, @GreatOrator , @goreae , and Texsf in The Ferret Business.
When: Starting Saturday 16Jan16 (a ferrety number to be sure) - 2pm MST - See the time in your timezone.
I stream afternoon and evening, and @GreatOrator streams in the afternoon.
Where: Val's Links: Twitch, Beam, & YouTube; GreatOrator's Links: Twitch & YouTube
Why: When SQUIRRELs and Ferrets collide - sure to be a ton of fun. Don't miss it! ;)

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Try adding just a few fish: http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/235261-just-a-few-fish

It adds just a few fish, plus a fish tank thing that stops fish inside from despawning. It's a pretty good replacement for project zulu's fish.
It, and any other aquatic mob adding mod have the same problem as with the project zulu fish, inherited from the squids, where in 1.7.10 they spawn in obscene amounts. JAFF is very nice though.

Reactions: Sungak

Fousicek

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Caigan. I have found a bug with the current build.(0.1.2) Or i cant pick up tesseracts. I can place them down but when i wrench them they are on the ground just fine but if i picke them up my entire game crashes.

If it is supposed to be posted somewhere else i will posted there. Thank you.

Last edited:

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Caigan, about magic bee's botania flowers, on regrowth the recipes was changed by mMineTweaker/ModTweaker, i don't know if you just can get it... but ask for it to
thephoenixlodge, to put on next update plz, cuz.. update forestry is a big problem...