[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

S

StormCrafter007

Hi Caigan,

Been enjoying this pac! I was excited to see the update was live, but disappointed when it would crash after giving me a warning about missing blocks. I uploaded the log showing the crash report.

This crash happened with both of the saved worlds I had from playing in v0.1.1

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Caigan,

Been enjoying this pac! I was excited to see the update was live, but disappointed when it would crash after giving me a warning about missing blocks. I uploaded the log showing the crash report.
Via OpenEye or via the FTB Launcher, for the crash report upload?

Either way, the last twelve crashes logged on YAMPST for 0.1.2 show people have not deleted their HQM progress, which is why they are crashing. This is one of the videos I need to make today, but here is the text version

RESETTING HQM PROGRESS DATA
  1. Open up the folder for the modpack.
    1. In FTB Launcher
      1. Select the modpack from the Third Party options
      2. Click Edit Mods
      3. Click Open Folder. This will put you in /minecraft/mods for the modpack
      4. Navigate back to /minecraft
    2. In Curse Launcher
      1. Select the modpack
      2. Click [...] in the upper right, next to Get More content
      3. Select Open Folder from the dropdown
  2. Go to the save for your world, which is in /saves/(world name)
  3. Delete HardcoreQuesting folder

Reactions: StormCrafter007
S

StormCrafter007

Via OpenEye or via the FTB Launcher, for the crash report upload?

From the LTB Launcher. However I may not have done it correctly. I'm kinda new to this uploading reports thing.

Anyway Deleting the HQM was all I needed to do. Works fine now thanks so much. I really appreciate your promptness and the help you provide to support your pack. Major Props to you sir!

Now however when I try to go into the quest manual it tells me that hardcore questing isn't enabled. And says that I don't have permission to perform command to enable it.

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
From the LTB Launcher. However I may not have done it correctly. I'm kinda new to this uploading reports thing.

Anyway Deleting the HQM was all I needed to do. Works fine now thanks so much. I really appreciate your promptness and the help you provide to support your pack. Major Props to you sir!

Now however when I try to go into the quest manual it tells me that hardcore questing isn't enabled. And says that I don't have permission to perform command to enable it.
Oh, this odd issue.

Hit Esc and click Open to Lan. Select Allow Cheats, and then Start LAN World You'll be able to use the /hqm quest command to reactivate it for your world.

H

Hagrok

Hi Caigan,

I just updated your amazing mod pack to 0.1.2 via the FTB Launcher, and started a new world (I really disliked the old Realistic World Gen, it was a little TOO realistic).

However, the blind bag (I think) rewards in the Quest Tablet are showing up as "Invalid Item". Do I need to do some kind of HQM reset on a brand new world?

S

StormCrafter007

Hi Caigan,

I just updated your amazing mod pack to 0.1.2 via the FTB Launcher, and started a new world (I really disliked the old Realistic World Gen, it was a little TOO realistic).

However, the blind bag (I think) rewards in the Quest Tablet are showing up as "Invalid Item". Do I need to do some kind of HQM reset on a brand new world?

This was covered a little earlier in the thread.
Oh right, I had forgotten about that. x.x

There was another mod I had added, and I used for rewards, but there was no permission for modpacks to use it yet. So either had to delay a while and TRY getting permission, or releasing it (it was already sitting on the launcher server waiting for the button) with the mod removed.

Since the mod was a tiny one and not really updated anymore, I opt'd to just drop it from the pack.

And the answer is to just dispose of these invalid items.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Nah that was a permissions issue in my end, I had forgotten I used the Tinker's Tailor mod for intro quest rewards. They are just simple low level pieces of armor, destroy and replace with chain or leather if you want.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
I just wanted to say that.

1. Your picture shows up as one of the first results in google image for "ferret business"

2. I GOT MC WORKING AGAIN!!! FINALLY! (sort of...)

Last edited:
Reactions: An0nymuS

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
Since I've been away for... quite awhile, has the tainted biome issue with the realistic world gen issue been fixed?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Since I've been away for... quite awhile, has the tainted biome issue with the realistic world gen issue been fixed?
new biome mod in the lastest version its apparently a branch of the old but better performance , usabilty ,better updated

Nah that was a permissions issue in my end, I had forgotten I used the Tinker's Tailor mod
shame cobalt armor sounded interesting

Last edited:

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
Am I doing something wrong with Evaporation Plant? It's formed and getting water in, but does not produce any Brine (and there's no Desert temperature multiplier(tried also in Savanna))..

x1vo6f6.png

Last edited:

TheRonin

Jul 29, 2019
Calgan can you include another option for terrain generation? Realistic Terrain Generator spawns blocks of cyan clay everywhere which is extremely ugly if you're using anything other than the vanilla texture pack?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Am I doing something wrong with Evaporation Plant? It's formed and getting water in, but does not produce any Brine (and there's no Desert temperature multiplier(tried also in Savanna))..

x1vo6f6.png
are u sure u have all the parts on it including the advanced solars other then i cant think of whats wrong without more pics (in a spoiler)
edit: there is a note about the plant having an uper limit "You can create up to 15 additional middle layers" is what it said ,this probably excludes the base and maybe the top layer and the adv. solar panels

Last edited:
E

Elewaar

Sections 18-28 there are quests? Why are they empty. And another problem with the network of machines FluxedCrystals2. They were not touching the ground. Sorry for the bad english - translate translator from Russian.

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
are u sure u have all the parts on it including the advanced solars other then i cant think of whats wrong without more pics (in a spoiler)
edit: there is a note about the plant having an uper limit "You can create up to 15 additional middle layers" is what it said ,this probably excludes the base and maybe the top layer and the adv. solar panels
Ok got it - the controller has to be absolutely last part to put in, zz. Now it's working.

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
Electroline. . . just how rare is it and what is the best level to find it? I find pretty much everything else from Project Red but that. I need some for an auto-crafting table.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
yes i am using computer craft to control/manage a Big Reactor
Turn off the program and rebuild the monitor/machine stuff. It's an occasional issue that happens with it. If it keeps happening, you might need a different monitoring program.

Calgan can you include another option for terrain generation? Realistic Terrain Generator spawns blocks of cyan clay everywhere which is extremely ugly if you're using anything other than the vanilla texture pack?
You don't have to use RTG, default generation is another option, since RTG doesn't add its own blocks or biomes, it only changes how existing biomes spawn.

That being said, I'm going to be tweaking the configs for RTG as time goes on.

Sections 18-28 there are quests? Why are they empty. And another problem with the network of machines FluxedCrystals2. They were not touching the ground.
No quests in those pages yet, they are there for placeholders.

And I'm not sure on what the issue with the second one is. Possibly a translation issue.

Electroline. . . just how rare is it and what is the best level to find it? I find pretty much everything else from Project Red but that. I need some for an auto-crafting table.
Its somewhat rare around height 17ish, last I remember.