[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Updating to the more recent forestry forced me to update to Forge version 1566.
Yeah. I have the pack update on hold while I fix the issue on my end, short tests didn't result in any bugs or issues with other mods. Shouldn't be other issues since forestry update was only bugfixes.

chichirinoda

Jul 29, 2019
It's been good so far since I updated (though I just managed to crash the server again with an Aura Cascade prismatic wand...)

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Magic i generally don't play but i really enjoyed several aspects of thaumcraft in Agrarian skies 2.I loved that thaumic energistics was in this pack. I really look forward to the new quest line. I now cannot find any benefit to starting magic.
your missing some lovely bits including some nice synergy and some very lovely potions(wont say more becuase discovering them is more enjoyable then being told them i believe) tinker around with the magic mods u might find what im speaking about , or u might find something lovely even i dont know about

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
It's been good so far since I updated (though I just managed to crash the server again with an Aura Cascade prismatic wand...)
Alright, aside from the Aura Cascade issue (which is a known thing I can't do much about right now) I think things are fixed up. Up way past my bedtime, but I'm going to push the button and send off the new update to the third party team.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
*wonders if the ore list the laser drill pulls from ever got fixed and if it is "mining" nether ores that have 0 uses * last i check it was a problem with the ores that the mod nether ores deemed useless to spawn in this pack still being enabled so mfr pulls the whole list instead of just the ones that spawn in world gen

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
*wonders if the ore list the laser drill pulls from ever got fixed and if it is "mining" nether ores that have 0 uses * last i check it was a problem with the ores that the mod nether ores deemed useless to spawn in this pack still being enabled so mfr pulls the whole list instead of just the ones that spawn in world gen
My original plan was to have these start spawning again and be useful in TiCon materials and as rare materials to sell to the Shop, but since this update was split into 2, the MFR Drill pulling them has just been disabled for now.

Reactions: Everlasting2

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
Exploring the nether fortresses. I get afflicted with something called Green Curse. . . it kills me faster than being afflicted with Wither. What is that coming from? I can't find anything by googling it. Any ideas? I can't get blaze rods because as soon as I get near a spawner I get hit with this and die shortly thereafter. Another time I got afflicted with it in the nether but it wasn't around a spawner.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
My original plan was to have these start spawning again and be useful in TiCon materials and as rare materials to sell to the Shop, but since this update was split into 2, the MFR Drill pulling them has just been disabled for now.
ah good ill start planing a laser drill setup
Exploring the nether fortresses. I get afflicted with something called Green Curse. . . it kills me faster than being afflicted with Wither. What is that coming from? I can't find anything by googling it. Any ideas? I can't get blaze rods because as soon as I get near a spawner I get hit with this and die shortly thereafter. Another time I got afflicted with it in the nether but it wasn't around a spawner.
green curse is one of aura cascades potion effects (explains why u had so much diffculty trying finding it ) strange i thought that was a weopon perk that aura cascade weopons could have not an eviromental effect (check potion ids for conflicts first ) but that does not explain why that effect activates the way it does
edit found the entry in its book it was under angel steel swords
"A green crystal will sicken the enemies, causing them to rapidly take damage. This sickness quickly spreads to nearby entities-including yourself"
are u using an angel steel sword ?

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, hm, looks like there might be a potion ID conflict that isn't throwing a crash. I'll have to look in the logs when I can, but I'm pretty sure someone else mentioned an ID conflict and I forgot to add it to Trello at the time x.x My fault on that!

You might be able to, when the update is pushed to the launcher, use the new Botania Fel Pumpkin to spawn Blazes in the Overworld, and use various ways to compress the Blaze Powder into Rods

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
Ohhh. . . I got a sword from a blind bag "Green Angel's Steel Sword of the Fifth Degree". This is from Aura Cascade. It must happen when I use it. It was my first time using it. Wonder why it affects me and my friend who was fighting with me.

chichirinoda

Jul 29, 2019
Ohhh. . . I got a sword from a blind bag "Green Angel's Steel Sword of the Fifth Degree". This is from Aura Cascade. It must happen when I use it. It was my first time using it. Wonder why it affects me and my friend who was fighting with me.

A green angel steel sword will definitely do that. It's not a bug, just how the sword works. (I have no idea why they would make a sword that does that, but most of the angel steel swords have a downside)

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Oh, hm, looks like there might be a potion ID conflict that isn't throwing a crash. I'll have to look in the logs when I can, but I'm pretty sure someone else mentioned an ID conflict and I forgot to add it to Trello at the time x.x My fault on that!

You might be able to, when the update is pushed to the launcher, use the new Botania Fel Pumpkin to spawn Blazes in the Overworld, and use various ways to compress the Blaze Powder into Rods
then thats not a potion id conflict its intended behavior the crystal used to make the angel steel swords is what determines its special green being
"A green crystal will sicken the enemies, causing them to rapidly take damage. This sickness quickly spreads to nearby entities-including yourself" that sword is killing u , ur being killed by its counter balance

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
A green angel steel sword will definitely do that. It's not a bug, just how the sword works. (I have no idea why they would make a sword that does that, but most of the angel steel swords have a downside)
Oh right, and IIRC there are ways to lessen the side effects in some way, I just don't remember off the top of my head.

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. Thanks for the help. I had dabbled in Aura Cascade but didn't make it far in another Mod Pack.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
THE FERRET BUSINESS 0.1.2 : THE BALANCE OF POWER UPDATE IS LIVE!
The 0.1.2 Update is now live on the FTB Launcher, and quite shortly (if not already) on the Curse Launcher!

CONDENSED CHANGELOG!
  • New Mods : Thaumic Inventory Scanning, Thaumic Sanity, Storage Drawers, and more!
  • Christmas Gift : Immersive Engineering, one of the most requested mods.
  • Swapped Mods : Realistic World Gen replaced with Realistic Terrain Gen, which is regularly updated and has more customization options!
  • Temporarily Removed : Binnies Mods, which hasn't been updated to the latest Forestry
  • Updated Mods : Most mods have been updated, including Forestry, Decocraft, HQM, and more!
  • New Questline : Thaumcraft with over 50 quests!
  • Updated Quests : Over 30 quests have been updated, including the starting quests, Botania, Open Modular Turrets, and others!
  • Bugfixes : Lots of bugs squashed, including broken blind bags, broken quests, etc!
It's super late, so I"ll get a video and stuff together tomorrow!

Panda413

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the new release Caigan!

Question -- on the first few quests it's giving me a reward from HQM that is an invalid item. Is that supposed to happen?

Reactions: kittana

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Question -- on the first few quests it's giving me a reward from HQM that is an invalid item. Is that supposed to happen?
Oh right, I had forgotten about that. x.x

There was another mod I had added, and I used for rewards, but there was no permission for modpacks to use it yet. So either had to delay a while and TRY getting permission, or releasing it (it was already sitting on the launcher server waiting for the button) with the mod removed.

Since the mod was a tiny one and not really updated anymore, I opt'd to just drop it from the pack.

Panda413

Jul 29, 2019
Oh right, I had forgotten about that. x.x

There was another mod I had added, and I used for rewards, but there was no permission for modpacks to use it yet. So either had to delay a while and TRY getting permission, or releasing it (it was already sitting on the launcher server waiting for the button) with the mod removed.

Since the mod was a tiny one and not really updated anymore, I opt'd to just drop it from the pack.

So we should just toss those items out?

If you told us the name of the mod and we manually added it to the pack, would that work?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
So we should just toss those items out?

If you told us the name of the mod and we manually added it to the pack, would that work?
Better to toss them out. The mod is TInker's Tailor, and it was just some low tier armor (chainmail equivilant really).