Botania - An innovative natural magic themed tech mod (Not in beta any more!)

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
There is one thing that the runic alter can do in vanilla botania that isn't a rune. There might be more that i'm overlooking though.

Head Creation.

Although I do agree that a peice of living rock doesn't make huge sense for seed making, i've just seen it as a required catalyst in that case.

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
oh yes, head creation, but I suppose there's no other crafting 'device' in botania that would fit more for this...

but in the case of head creation the 'catalyst' could be a mob head instead of livingrock? If the idea gets implemented of course...

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
The recipe does include a Skeleton Skull...
Yes, so I'm saying that if my idea get's implemented you could use a skeleton head as the finishing item to throw onto the Runic altar, instead of livingrock. And exclude the skeleton skull from the list of items that you have to click on the altar for the crafting.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
It really would make more sense, and opens up a lot of the same kind of neat things that Blood Magic's Alchemic Chemistry Set can be used for now with MineTweaker/ModTweaker

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
@Vazkii I'm just popping in because I thought of something while playing with Botania in a couple other modpacks. The Jaded Amaranthus always feels a little too random, at least in my opinion. Is there any chance you'd consider using a petal block to "bias" it a bit towards a certain color of flower (like, instead of a 1/16 chance for a flower, it'd be like a 1/8 for the flower matching a petal block)? I figure it could work similarly to the Rannuncarpus, with the petal block that would be used to bias it being directly below the dirt it's planted on. (If this has already been suggested, I apologize, I just figured it's an interesting idea to toy around with at the very least. Also, if this isn't the correct thread for that, could someone direct me to the right one? I did a cursory search for Botania stuff and poked through Vazkii's posts, but there didn't seem to be a suggestions-specific thread.)

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Have there been any suggestions to add a sound-muffling flower or something similar?

moltenbrain

Jul 29, 2019
I have this weird thing going on where I have been happily playing Botania on Infinity for about a month (thank you, great mod) and now all of a sudden I am unable to get bind mode to work. I set my wand to bind mode, and then I shift right-click on something (e.g. a spreader) and nothing happens. I get no red outline. nada. I can't select a block. I can't rotate a block. I just updated to Infinity 1.6.2, if that matters.

UPDATE: Giving myself a new wand of the forest fixed this. Do they wear out?

Last edited:

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I believe it affects all flowers that suffer diminishing returns when in too tight a formation. In short, dayblooms, nightshades and hydrogeas.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Does anyone else have to replant Solegnolia after a client restart to make it work? It doesn't block the Ring of the Magnetization for me until I do that.

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
Hey folks, I'm playing Hubris and am having a problem with mana generation when I'm away from my base. I assumed the chunks would stay loaded but after I first ran into the issue I even went and made chunk loaders on all the chunks with mana generation and I'm still losing mana fast as soon as I leave my base. Anyone have any ideas why my mana generation wouldn't keep steady when I leave?
I have 160 hydra-something-or-other plants at the corners of 3x3 pools of water. The water is not running out. I'm just getting really frustrated, having equipment that runs on mana isn't any good if you can't leave your base.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I'm assuming the entire path from source > destination is also loaded, if not that could be the problem, without more info i'm not sure what else to suggest.

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
I'm assuming the entire path from source > destination is also loaded, if not that could be the problem, without more info i'm not sure what else to suggest.

Thank you!!!!! Ugh, I feel like a goon for not thinking of that. Color me a noob.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Chunk loading: the bane of modded minecraft.

It's also one of the reasons I really like railcraft's loaders (they do lines of chunks very easily), though that's only assuming I cannot simply skip the whole rigamarole and teleport whatever-it-is.

Juba Akbalox

Jul 29, 2019
as I have no clue about the proper place to do this, I'm just dropping a report here, bug or something, the shard of laputa stops working upon attempting to move a II tier enhanced inventories modded chest, also, it's funny it can move up crops randomly
2015-11-02_10.03.37.png

H

Heathen

Let me start out with this: Botania, awesome mod. That being said, is there any way to Tweak/Adjust (Modtweaker/Minetweaker/Config) the amount of mana required for the Orechid to function in Garden of Glass? Feels to low for me.
I added in Cobblestone to the Orechids output dictionary to make it a bit harder to get Ore, but doesn't feel quite right.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Let me start out with this: Botania, awesome mod. That being said, is there any way to Tweak/Adjust (Modtweaker/Minetweaker/Config) the amount of mana required for the Orechid to function in Garden of Glass? Feels to low for me.
I added in Cobblestone to the Orechids output dictionary to make it a bit harder to get Ore, but doesn't feel quite right.
Considering how many ways to produce bulk quantities of mana there are, and the fact that Garden of Glass IS a challenge map, feels about right to me.

A 5 x 5 field of endoflames with a mana spreader above them should be plenty to keep it going. May need an elvish spreader to keep up with mana throughput. Failing that, cake automation should be fairly trivial by the time you are worried about Orechid speed.

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
Considering how many ways to produce bulk quantities of mana there are, and the fact that Garden of Glass IS a challenge map, feels about right to me.

A 5 x 5 field of endoflames with a mana spreader above them should be plenty to keep it going. May need an elvish spreader to keep up with mana throughput. Failing that, cake automation should be fairly trivial by the time you are worried about Orechid speed.
Their not saying its too slow, or requires too much mana; their saying it requires too little mana and want to make it harder.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Their not saying its too slow, or requires too much mana; their saying it requires too little mana and want to make it harder.
Ahh, I misunderstood.

Outside of editing the minetweaker files, I'm not aware of any way to do this. And I'm not sure if it is possible even with Minetweaker because of how Botania does things. I tend to stay away from Minetweaker on general principles.

Add in chances for Cobble, Dirt, Sand, and Gravel. That ought to make the odds of getting something useful lower. Too bad you can't weight it, or I'd say weight your cobble at 8:1, your dirt at 4:1, and your gravel/sand at 2:1, with your ores at 1:1. So you get one actual ore per, say, 15 iterations.