[CHALLENGE] (v4.3-ish 6/7/18) Refugee to Regent Kingdom Building Challenge

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

What do you think of the Serf to Supreme Challenge?

• City Construction Challenge was better!

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • It's okay, but there's definitely room for improvement

Votes: 35 27.1%
  • Give me my Electrics sooner!

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • I enjoy the slow introduction of mods.

Votes: 43 33.3%
  • I wish Element Animation would hurry up with the next episode.

Votes: 24 18.6%
  • I love it!

Votes: 51 39.5%

• Total voters

Monarch_of_Gold

Jul 1, 2015
There is but no money to pay for it. And the other day I reminded myself why I hate honey with a cup of tea with honey. Never again.

Like I said, I've found out I've got two coughs going on. Once I take a dose of dayquil and it takes effect the deep throat-destroying cough goes away. The only one I'm left with is a sweet, short, soft cough caused by laryngitis.

Now, what I actually came here to talk about was the Informational video. I think my sorry ass is about to damn learn that when Movie Maker asks if you want to save it as a project before closing, you take it up on it's offer. Now I have to go back and re-edit because, since movie maker wanted to play games with my audio, I thought that I had cut a little bit off of my outro, so I typed a little note and stuck it in the video. I go back and watch it and the audio's fine. *sigh*

One of the reasons I'm kinda glad I'm using Movie Maker though is that through all the issues it's giving me it's also helping me learn to be a more critical video editor and it's already fostering good habits (watching things over 5x, saving things as projects even though you feel confident in your edits...).

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Lemon Juice, Lemon Juice, Lemon Juice (checks behind for beetlejuice's crazy cousin). Honey does good things too, but for vocal issues? I'll take straight lemon juice over honey any day of the week. I usually mix equal parts lemon juice and honey and drink that straight, but I hear from other people that my concoction is WAY too strong for sanity. Tea is a great way to dilute it, the warmth helps increase circulation as well.

Monarch_of_Gold

Jul 1, 2015
I don't think I'll be able to ever stand straight lemon juice in my life again. When I was about 10 I had lemon juice straight from the lemon with salt. Soon after I got sick with a stomach virus which absolutely ruined it for me (even if you aren't losing the contents of your stomach from the food your brain still thinks you are). If that happens the first time you're trying a food, you'll never be able to handle it again. A similar thing happened after I went to a new burger place that put sweeter pickles on their burgers instead of normal dills (got a migraine later and lost the burger). I can no longer handle their sweet pickles and have to ask for my burger without. My voice is coming back fast enough on it's own. I'm spending more energy fighting the cold than praying for my voice back. For some reason the symptoms have been coming back in full force an hour before it's time to take another dose of meds.

Reactions: Lethosos

Monarch_of_Gold

Jul 1, 2015
Well, good news! I'm recovering. I have most of my voice, though it gets interrupted frequently, and I managed to go without taking Dayquil today! I also drank coffee and enjoyed it for the first time in a week so. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be feeling well enough to do school and then between Friday and Monday I'll get the info vid and Episode 6 uploaded. I'm not planning to record episode 7 until next week (though I want to record it sooner).

Reactions: The Mobius Archives

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Someone actually playing with Reika's mods STILL feels subtly wrong somehow. I'm so used to all the DramaHate he gets that I forget he's got more than 15 people that play with the darned things :p

Reactions: Senseidragon

Monarch_of_Gold

Jul 1, 2015
Why is he getting hate? If it weren't for my pack being full enough I would totally drop his mods in. Next season they'll definitely be there (it'll be a whole new pack, so)!

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Short version? He's not everyone else.

Basically it boils down to his abrasive/blunt handling of people that act unintelligent or entitled.

There are good reasons for this attitude, but if you want more information? You'll want to go on his site https://sites.google.com/site/reikasminecraft/ and read the "pack permissions" and the two bottom links. The "Things not to say" is a pretty tame example of the vitriol he receives regularly, and his typical responses.

Also Monster. Ye gods the crap Reika has had to deal with because of the way pre-Curse modpacks were forced to install mods so non-technical users could/would use the pack. Reika's mods don't fare well in a static environment. He constantly updates for bugs and balance, and major version mismatch makes a LOT of advice/tutorials completely useless. That one modpack is STILL the result of probably 1/3 the bug reports he receives. It's getting to be 2 years out-of-date at this point, isn't it?

Reactions: Inaeo

Monarch_of_Gold

Jul 1, 2015
Is it bad that I'm finding I'm aligning with his thought process? I totally understand how he thinks and (to me) the complaints he's getting are just stupid.

They also seem to be from entitled @$$holes.

Dont like the mod? Remove it.

Last edited:

The Mobius Archives

Mar 31, 2013
www.youtube.com
I actually have Rotary Craft, Reactor Craft (nowhere near being able to use) and Chromaticraft. Plus I'm quite enjoying the discovery challenge with Chromaticraft. There just isn't information out there, or wasn't when I started.

However, at least the last time I tried, the world breaks when removing those mods. I've been trying to diagnose some z-fighting issues and I can't figure out which mod is causing the problem.

Monarch_of_Gold

Jul 1, 2015
Worst-case scenario you can just recreate the world and use schematica to print the buildings (using creative mode). If it's a really huge structure it may help to break it into chunks.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Short version? He's not everyone else.

Basically it boils down to his abrasive/blunt handling of people that act unintelligent or entitled.

There are good reasons for this attitude, but if you want more information? You'll want to go on his site https://sites.google.com/site/reikasminecraft/ and read the "pack permissions" and the two bottom links. The "Things not to say" is a pretty tame example of the vitriol he receives regularly, and his typical responses.

Also Monster. Ye gods the crap Reika has had to deal with because of the way pre-Curse modpacks were forced to install mods so non-technical users could/would use the pack. Reika's mods don't fare well in a static environment. He constantly updates for bugs and balance, and major version mismatch makes a LOT of advice/tutorials completely useless. That one modpack is STILL the result of probably 1/3 the bug reports he receives. It's getting to be 2 years out-of-date at this point, isn't it?

I love the way Reika handles people. If more people in the world were less tolerant of stupidity and entitlement, it would make the entire human race better people. I'm always amazed at how much crap people give him for updating so quickly, and how much flak he gets when he simply tells people an issue has already been fixed but the pack they play doesn't contain the updated version. This proves to me his love of his work almost as much as the quality of the content does.

I actually have Rotary Craft, Reactor Craft (nowhere near being able to use) and Chromaticraft. Plus I'm quite enjoying the discovery challenge with Chromaticraft. There just isn't information out there, or wasn't when I started.

However, at least the last time I tried, the world breaks when removing those mods. I've been trying to diagnose some z-fighting issues and I can't figure out which mod is causing the problem.

Not sure about the z-fighting, but worlds with ChromatiCraft don't take well to having it removed. If you're not a complete d-bag to him (not saying you are, just saying), Reika is actually pretty good about these things. Maybe shoot him a PM if you can't nail it down yourself. That said, it would be wise to make sure your versions are up to date before that conversation.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Is it bad that I'm finding I'm aligning with his thought process? I totally understand how he thinks and (to me) the complaints he's getting are just stupid.
Not at all. Anyone that spends a bit in the community (or Reika's mods) that has an ounce of competency and doesn't stick their foot in their mouth figures out that the drama around Reika is a lot of misinformation fueled originally by entitled trolls, then spread by people that couldn't be arsed to investigate the claims made by the trolls. This spreads right up to important community figures like KirinDave and mDiyo, where it then disseminates to the community at large who (quite rightfully) don't question what these people say because they're "experts".

IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you remove DragonAPI from your world without first installing an FML patch (here), your modded block IDs will become scrambled and the world will be unusable! You can remove the patch after you have loaded the world once with it installed.

I love the way Reika handles people. If more people in the world were less tolerant of stupidity and entitlement, it would make the entire human race better people. I'm always amazed at how much crap people give him for updating so quickly, and how much flak he gets when he simply tells people an issue has already been fixed but the pack they play doesn't contain the updated version. This proves to me his love of his work almost as much as the quality of the content does.
The biggest problem I have with Reika that isn't directly a differing artistic vision or differing play-style thing, is that the idiots have soured him.

Honestly I wish I knew Direwolf20 personally. I'm betting that the inclusion of (properly updated, and kept that way) RoC (and addons), and CrC would do wonders for Reika's mods. Especially because they suit Dire's playstyle so well. Admittedly if Dire didn't warn people about latest-version-only and the non-standard update schedule/process, it would probably drive Reika insane with effectively a repeat of the Monster Incident.

Monarch_of_Gold

Jul 1, 2015
Unfortunately it's kinda easy to get soured by idiots. As an artist if I were to ever receive the same kind of treatment (only it would be dealing more with art theft than mod theft) and have rumors spread and be the only one I knew of that was on my side, it'd sour me too. I would probably start covering everything with massive watermarks and be fully against trades, requests, and point commissions and would only allow people to ask for paid commissions. You can't blame him.

Reactions: Lethosos

Talonos

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody have the old wikispaces challenge archived anywhere? I was working on streamlining those rules for my server, and the new Wikia wiki is far less organized and with far less content.

(Edit: Oh wow, somebody else is using this avatar. Disclaimer: I am not Tomewyrm.)

Monarch_of_Gold

Jul 1, 2015
A pdf was mentioned a long time ago. Dragon or tomeworm should know something about it