[CHALLENGE] (v4.3-ish 6/7/18) Refugee to Regent Kingdom Building Challenge

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

What do you think of the Serf to Supreme Challenge?

• City Construction Challenge was better!

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • It's okay, but there's definitely room for improvement

Votes: 35 27.1%
  • Give me my Electrics sooner!

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • I enjoy the slow introduction of mods.

Votes: 43 33.3%
  • I wish Element Animation would hurry up with the next episode.

Votes: 24 18.6%
  • I love it!

Votes: 51 39.5%

• Total voters

Monarch_of_Gold

Jul 1, 2015
Everything's been printed in and the inventories have been transferred successfully. I only had trouble getting the seeds in because so many of them are slightly different shades of green. Now I'm just running through the world scanning things again and trying to figure out "man" again. *sigh*

Pictures of the old world and the new world are in the spoiler.

The old world as it stood:

Flu1316.png

pZI5d77.png

And the new world after reprinting the buildings:

0YHzdRZ.png

xJOfMea.png

B4L9Y6j.png

As far as plans for the episodes, I think I'm going to take the building footage from what was going to be episode 6 and put it at the end of an informational video I'll do and have edited and posted before the new episode 6. I think this'll be the best way to handle it as there are a lot of things to explain as well as a little bit of a tour of our new world to be had.

Last edited:

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Victus (do in research table)
Grass
Trapdoor
Potion of weakness (which is probably beyond your tech level, so just combine chaos and life)
Scan any living animal (chickens are nice)
Soul Sand or skull/head
Paper
Rotten Flesh

Honestly, the initial unlock process is probably my least favorite thing about Scan All The Things time. Which would be why I use: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...o-discover-all-aspects-updated-for-4-2.33605/

At least once you work your way up to humanus, you have basically the last tier of aspect and nearly everything becomes possible to scan.

-----

Just about the only thing Schematica has issues with are complex TE's like microblocks/multiparts. It takes special handling for those. But pretty much any block with metadata or simple nbt tags (as long as you don't rotate the schematic) tend to work out great.

Reactions: VaalDeth

Monarch_of_Gold

Jul 1, 2015
What makes chaos? Do you mean perditio? And I've already scanned rotten flesh. That is not man. It's flesh and I think spiritus. You would think humanus would be some combination of flesh and spiritus or flesh and victus but it isn't. I've also tried victus and bestia but it isn't that either. Basically I've been sitting at my table trying combinations for some time now, though I did scan an ore that gave me some potentia so perhaps I should go back and keep trying combinations ..... as soon as I get some more order.

I think Ars Magica has something put into the code to keep you from printing its structures. I wound up having to make a schematic for the basic magic building we started with and then go in and add all the other things in manually (the desks, the altar, the shelf) because every time I would try to plop down a schematic of the building as-is my game would crash.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Well, at worst? Combine Cognitio and Bestia in the research table. With a decent pile of primal aspects, you can make all the rest :p

Yes I meant Perditio. Most people learn 'em by the translation of the latin... also some of the aspect names are a bear to spell :)

If you really just want to get all the aspects unlocked so you can actually Scan All The Things?

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/thaumcraft-4/images/6/60/Thauncraft_4.2.png

That should, theoretically, be accurate. I haven't TESTED it, but I don't think Azanor mucked with aspects in the middle of Thaumcraft 4.2

Reactions: VaalDeth

VaalDeth

Jul 29, 2019
Well, at worst? Combine Cognitio and Bestia in the research table. With a decent pile of primal aspects, you can make all the rest :p

When I first played with Thaumcraft I did not know about this and it just makes things so much easier. =)

Monarch_of_Gold

Jul 1, 2015
So I somehow got something caught up in my throat that makes it difficult to speak so what's recorded for now is going to be it until I get over this (which is the informational video and episode 6).

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the aspect chain thing is a bit obtuse and with the high percentage of t4-6 aspects on the VAST majority of items/blocks... starting out without a cheat sheet is frustrating for many people.

Monarch_of_Gold

Jul 1, 2015
Every time I find something new in bibliocraft I love it more.

I just found out that the typewriters actually work. You can't type on them but right-click on the keys enough and you'll be rewarded with a random 8-page book. All you do is feed the writer paper. I'll definitely be making one to go in our courthouse for the transcriber to use.

The Mobius Archives

Mar 31, 2013
www.youtube.com
Oooh... random 8 page book? I need to buff up my library because it only has bibliocraft shelves (I was optimistic).

As for Thaumcraft the version 5 (the 1.8 version) looks... well... different. I'm not even certain you scan all the things any more. And you get a set of aspects for each research note if you're playing the research game. Very different. I may make a spotlight after a few more version updates.

Reactions: Senseidragon

Monarch_of_Gold

Jul 1, 2015
I've been thinking about updating to 1.8 as soon as all the mods I'm using get updated. Hopefully things don't change so weirdly as to nullify our setup. That'd be annoying.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

The Mobius Archives

Mar 31, 2013
www.youtube.com
My channel is over 500 subscribers! Thank you all who have subscribed and today we get to focus on Botania and making a little memento of this achievement:

I think I want bellathorns at every entrance to our village.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, now that forge finally un-derped the rendering stuff we might actually get more than a bare handful of 1.8 mods... I'm still betting that 1.9 will end up being the one people migrate to. It's coming pretty soon after all, so why make two major version updates in two or three months instead of just waiting a bit and only doing one. I'm hoping Fyber gets the up-port mod working for 1.whatever-we-end-up-with. It'll be nice to get a few of the old abandoned mods to work with the newer versions of the game... also VoxelSniper has gone platform agnostic... which means, yes, you can use it as a forge mod! ... ... in 1.8+ *grumble*

Monarch_of_Gold

Jul 1, 2015
My whatever this is is only getting worse. Still no voice, but now when I clear my throat or cough I sound like a dying horse. Think I have a cold or something on top of it which only makes finding a decent treatment harder (dayquil helps with cold symptoms by drying mucus, and this only makes laryngitis worse). So, since the doctor is booked for new patients until January I'll have to go to the ER.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I strongly recommend an Urgent Care facility instead. They're built to help keep ERs from being visited by non-critical patients most of the time.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Monarch_of_Gold

Jul 1, 2015
Yeah, unfortunately, all the nearby urgent care clinics have worse reviews than the hospital. Also unfortunately, tomorrow's Saturday, meaning less buses are running, so it'll take even longer to get there and back. As much as I hate it, I may wait till Monday.

Monarch_of_Gold

Jul 1, 2015
I am dancing in my chair right now!!

My voice is coming back!!! :D

Slowly, but still. It feels strange to feel vibrations coming from that area in my throat.

Since I can confirm I've got two different coughs going on, I've formulated a hypothesis that I feel is pretty accurate.

On Monday I started getting sick. I didn't realize it, though, because I often wake up and find my throat scratchy and that I have some postnasal drip going because I snored. I didn't think anything of it and finished recording Episode 6 (you'll be able to hear how my voice sounds more tired later in the episode). I also had done some singing at some point. This was a bad idea and I will never repeat it again ever. The next morning I woke up with a severely swollen and sore throat. This turned into laryngitis. I was still working on catching a cold. I wouldn't officially catch the cold until either the 2nd or 3rd. By the 2nd I wouldn't have much of a voice left.

So. Lesson learned. When you're getting sick, limit it to one episode and then don't do anything else terribly strenuous. Seriously. Even when you aren't sick try to be careful and rest your voice properly.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
They might have worse reviews, but they're a HECK of a lot less expensive.

Also, when you're getting sick with anything common? Try to rest your voice. Respiratory stuff is easy to horribly aggravate.

Monarch_of_Gold

Jul 1, 2015
I think imma just not go. I have more chances of getting sicker by going than getting better, and I'm on the mend now, so (no fever, voice returning...)

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I'm surprised that they're worse. Health care regulations requires them to be just as good, if not better, than the actual ER. At least you're not getting worse. I suggest hot tea with honey, at the least.

Is there a Walgreens in the area? I may not be a big fan of Minute Clinics, but at least the wait isn't bad. (Especially when it's right next to the hospital.)

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2