Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
An easy temporary shield is just half slabs of cobble or stone half slabs. It will stop 90% of meteors, but a few will actually crash through. If you go a step further and put down a layer of cobblestone with half slab on top, that seems to stop all meteors. Any blast proof block will stop meteors later in the game when you have time and resources to make something nicer.

Ogandy

Jul 29, 2019
Without knowing your setup I can't really say why you might suddenly be getting less power from the panels - maybe they aren't tracking the sun very well. Regardless, you could try the RFTools shield generators but I have no idea if they'll stop meteors.
They are useful, yes, but you have to think in bigger dimensions, I'm not trying to craft a fancy door, I want to protect a whole moon base. Those shield generators need power but they don't cover up a big aria. Also you need shield patterns to say where you want to place the shield. But they might come in handy If you want to kill the wither.

Ogandy

Jul 29, 2019
An easy temporary shield is just half slabs of cobble or stone half slabs. It will stop 90% of meteors, but a few will actually crash through. If you go a step further and put down a layer of cobblestone with half slab on top, that seems to stop all meteors. Any blast proof block will stop meteors later in the game when you have time and resources to make something nicer.
Thank you it's cheap and it works perfect. And it looks pretty cool too when the meteors gone half way through but then get stuck.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
There are quests that give you a decomposer and synthesizer as rewards somewhat early in the game. Or you can make them. The recipe is in NEI. Early game it is a lot of iron to make them, but later on you can drown in iron so its no big deal.

Army Stich85

Jul 29, 2019
I have a problem in the quest book number 5 "i was bad at math. But..." there is a quest called 'I don't want to mine anymore." where you need one moon turf. problem is you cant complete the quest because the chemical Synthesizer will not allow you to make it even though i have the right chemicals to make it.. Help Please?

alyandon

Jul 29, 2019
They are useful, yes, but you have to think in bigger dimensions, I'm not trying to craft a fancy door, I want to protect a whole moon base. Those shield generators need power but they don't cover up a big aria. Also you need shield patterns to say where you want to place the shield. But they might come in handy If you want to kill the wither.

Well, yes.. shield generators do require power and a bit of investment in defining the area to cover with the shield templates. You asked for methods of shielding your base and I presented you with a couple of options. If I hadn't already completed the pack I was going to go back and add RF shielding to my entire base once I verified that they worked against meteors. :)

Crazymanhow

Jul 29, 2019
How do you create a map for a personal server for this modpack? When I try it just puts me in the over world

I figured it out just took a little while to find that in the server launch file there was a NOT that was not suppose to be there.

Last edited:

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Well, yes.. shield generators do require power and a bit of investment in defining the area to cover with the shield templates. You asked for methods of shielding your base and I presented you with a couple of options. If I hadn't already completed the pack I was going to go back and add RF shielding to my entire base once I verified that they worked against meteors. :)
I've protected my base with a RFtool shield and he block meteors but not in standard settings.

In GUI select "block items" and the shield must be solid.

Shield generator T2 protect max 512 block, T3 is infinite but requires dimensional shard in recipe.

Envoyé de mon LG-H815 en utilisant Tapatalk

Parveln

Jul 29, 2019
What is a good power source for very early game? I'm looking to power my automatic sieve, however I only have one coal generator and I have no idea how to get coal in order to fuel it. I only have about half a stack. It won't last long enough.

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
@Parveln Sieve more moonstuff for coal. Doesn't charcoal work in these? Stirlings take all kinda combustibles (including most all decomposition products of anything organic)

Parveln

Jul 29, 2019
@InThayne Yeah I'll get coal from moon rock but I need the coal for sieving and I think it won't be self sufficient because the coal engine outputs 75RF while the sieve only uses 40. I'll try Stirling generators instead since the coal generator doesn't accept charcoal.

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
I think its waiting for a tree to grow...bone meal to test maybe. Also needs enough upgrades to reach out a bit.

alyandon

Jul 29, 2019
What is a good power source for very early game? I'm looking to power my automatic sieve, however I only have one coal generator and I have no idea how to get coal in order to fuel it. I only have about half a stack. It won't last long enough.

You can actually shift-click charcoal into the coal generator so if you already have a tree farm going you can easily run your setup off that.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
I am not able to figure out how to get lava. read the quest more than once.

Make a crucible out of porcelain clay (clay + bonemeal). Cook the crucible in a furnace. Make a coal block. Put the crucible on top of the coal block and right click to add cobblestone into the crucible. Add more cobblestone as it melts down. Once there is 1000mb of lava in the crucible use the bucket to get it out. Replace the coal block underneath the crucible with the lava.

You can also put the crucible on top of a furnace. It will melt cobblestone while the furnace is cooking something. Some things melt lava faster than others.

Awesomite Block>lava>coal block>furnace

Eventually with transfer pipes, multiple crucibles, stone barrels and transfer nodes you can automatically make cobblestone, obsidian, endstone and nether rack.

Status
Not open for further replies.