[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
here is the fml-serverlog
[07:19:11] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[07:19:13] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[07:19:15] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[07:19:17] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[07:19:19] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[07:19:21] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[07:19:23] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[07:19:25] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[07:19:27] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[07:19:29] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[07:19:31] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[07:19:33] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[07:19:35] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
Sorry, I meant full logs both client and server. However it looks as if the login client may be using vanilla or has additional mods of some kind (more likely vanilla) Make sure the mods are the same and that the client is actually launching regrowth.
I highly recommend the FTB Launcher. It works wonderfully.

Like you, I have been wondering what is hidden for chapter 2. This morning, I awakened and did some idle browsing through the quest book before leaving the study. Lo and behold, chapter 2 shows complete! Nothing has changed within chapter 2, but all is done. The last thing I did before going to my repose was to complete the last seeds I needed (spider, creeper, and shards) and craft the Extreme Essence Stone. I then replaced the skeleton skull on my altar with one of the wither skulls I received from the reward. One of those actions must have been what chapter 2 needed.
I'd suggest replacing the wither skull with a player head via Botania runic altar recipe (noted in Lexica Botania) It's even better than the wither skull.

On a side note for anyone bothered by the demon heart beating sound, the altar range for both power and usage is vertical as well. I have them up in a tree near the range limit. The sound just bugs me for some reason.

sral92x

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, I meant full logs both client and server. However it looks as if the login client may be using vanilla or has additional mods of some kind (more likely vanilla) Make sure the mods are the same and that the client is actually launching regrowth.
I highly recommend the FTB Launcher. It works wonderfully.
I am using the FTB launcher and I am launching regrowth 0.8.4. I downloaded the server using the "Download Server" button. If there is a difference in mods, I do not what that would be.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
I am using the FTB launcher and I am launching regrowth 0.8.4. I downloaded the server using the "Download Server" button. If there is a difference in mods, I do not what that would be.
Still need the server/client full logs, not just that small clip of a non-specific error.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I too would like to know what all these are. I DESPISE hidden quests in HQM. Here's what I found so far:

Chapter 1) Kill an enderman - unlocks Ender Seeds in Chapter 2
Find/Collect an Experience bush (search caves)
Chapter 2) Unknown (97% complete, no idea what the hidden quest is here)
Chapter 3) Craft an Alchemical Catalyst - says it unlocks 1 other quest, but not sure which one TBH
Chapter 4) Lots of hidden quests until you complete major steps in other chapters. These quests also unlock other major quest lines. DO THESE.
Chapter 5) Craft a Centrifuge
Chapter 6) Craft a Diamond Dolly
Chapter 7) Several of these are hidden, but I don't remember how I unlocked them.
Chapter 8) Unknown - I haven't completed many of these yet
Chapter 9) Unknown - I haven't completed many of these yet
Chapter 10) Major portions of this tree unlocks as you complete the Witchery books in Chapter 4
Chapter 11) Make a Thaumonomicon to begin (might require some reputation too). Create the treefyd seed in Chapter 10 to unlock the rest of Thaumcraft
Chapter 12) Unknown - I haven't completed many of these yet
Chapter 12) Unknown - I haven't completed many of these yet
Chapter 13) Unknown - I haven't completed many of these yet
Chapter 14) Unknown - I haven't unlocked these yet
Chapter 15) Unknown - I haven't unlocked these yet

If someone has a list of the quest progression or hidden quests, I'd love to see it. I'm not a huge fan of Witchery/Thaumcraft, so I'm very slowly progressing in those still. Spending way too much time building tech infrastructure, because who doesn't like tech!

Um - those aren't what people are referring to as 'hidden' quests. They're gated, yes - but truly hidden quests have no precursors to 'unlock' them, and frequently don't even unlock anything else (vis a vis the experience bush in Chapter 1). I think your missing seed may be Wispy Cotton, which you won't be able to access (either the plant or the quest) until you've accessed the Spirit World through Witchery, but you are walked through accessing the Spirit World as you progress through Witchery.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
I've been doing nothing but Bees for a whole week but Finally I got up to Draconic bees, Even with highly defensive fully enchanted primordial armor where almost nothing can hurt me, End bees still hurt alot, luckily Genetics solves that problem.
now I wont have to search for mineshaft chest for the oblivion frames. (still need to get the proven frames from villagers though)
I thought the beekeeper suit protected you 100% from that. Also have you tried the magic bees frames made via thaimcraft?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Um - those aren't what people are referring to as 'hidden' quests. They're gated, yes - but truly hidden quests have no precursors to 'unlock' them, and frequently don't even unlock anything else (vis a vis the experience bush in Chapter 1). I think your missing seed may be Wispy Cotton, which you won't be able to access (either the plant or the quest) until you've accessed the Spirit World through Witchery, but you are walked through accessing the Spirit World as you progress through Witchery.

I don't totally agree with your definition of hidden, but I think I understand what you're trying to say. And you're right, I'm annoyed most with quests that don't seem to have any pathing into them from the rest of the quests (like experience bushes). However, at the same time, because of the large breadth of quest lines in this modpack, it's often very difficult to figure out how to progress further in one line, because of gating somewhere else. This has been a major point of frustration for myself, so I thought I'd record it. I really wish someone had a list of these kinds of things to help new players know how to attack the quests.

I have been to the Spirit World, gathered wispy cotton, crafted my dreamcatchers, and even some brew of the flowing spirit. I do still have some more Witchery quests to progress through, so perhaps there's something there to be had.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
I don't totally agree with your definition of hidden, but I think I understand what you're trying to say. And you're right, I'm annoyed most with quests that don't seem to have any pathing into them from the rest of the quests (like experience bushes). However, at the same time, because of the large breadth of quest lines in this modpack, it's often very difficult to figure out how to progress further in one line, because of gating somewhere else. This has been a major point of frustration for myself, so I thought I'd record it. I really wish someone had a list of these kinds of things to help new players know how to attack the quests.

I have been to the Spirit World, gathered wispy cotton, crafted my dreamcatchers, and even some brew of the flowing spirit. I do still have some more Witchery quests to progress through, so perhaps there's something there to be had.
Wolves bane? I think there is a quest for wolves bane that opens up late. Or the thaimcraft plants? Cinder pearl and such?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
I've crafted all of these things and done all of these actions some time ago. My chapter 2 still shows 97% complete :-/
Hmm. The only other thing I did was to complete the Attuned Stone quest and the spinning wheel. distillery, and kettle quests in witchery. I don't see what any of those would have to do with the price of rice, but one never knows. Perhaps it was just getting the reputation high enough.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
I've crafted all of these things and done all of these actions some time ago. My chapter 2 still shows 97% complete :-/
List of seeds:
  • coal
  • copper
  • tin
  • iron
  • nether
  • dye
  • ender
  • aluminium
  • gold
  • blaze
  • fire
  • water
  • earth
  • air
  • skeleton
  • experience
  • obsidian

Remember to also do the repeatable material ones at least once:
  • coal
  • copper
  • tin
  • iron
  • nether
  • gold
  • blaze
  • aluminium

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
List of seeds:
  • coal
  • copper
  • tin
  • iron
  • nether
  • dye
  • ender
  • aluminium
  • gold
  • blaze
  • fire
  • water
  • earth
  • air
  • skeleton
  • experience
  • obsidian

Remember to also do the repeatable material ones at least once:
  • coal
  • copper
  • tin
  • iron
  • nether
  • gold
  • blaze
  • aluminium

I've got all those unlocked. Hopefully someone can look at this and identify the missing node. All the repeatables are flagged as "Completed".

GDUkNOt.png

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
I've got all those unlocked. Hopefully someone can look at this and identify the missing node. All the repeatables are flagged as "Completed".

GDUkNOt.png
Here's Mine...I have no idea what's wrong there, you could try /hqm edit and un-complete then re-complete a quest.
50a6978b2eaa329cab69a052afb495e4.png

d69361d63e4dbcb8fea8d9f89cf10b3e.png

EDIT: Note, this is version 8.2 not 8.4 (I like my damned passive and active generation combination for botania...)

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Guessing Osmium Ore. Chapter 2 contains a number of invisible triggers that open quests elsewhere. Others are listed in the FAQ.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Guessing Osmium Ore. Chapter 2 contains a number of invisible triggers that open quests elsewhere. Others are listed in the FAQ.

Nope, Rivvest. I don't have osmium yet. Somewhere between holding Aluminum and Gold ores (which did not complete chapter 2, I checked), killing a bunch of mobs, creating creeper, spider, and shard seeds, making extreme essence stone, making attuned stone, spinning wheel, kettle, and distillery, and placing a wither skull on my altar, chapter 2 went to 100%. My book looked exactly like Rokuma's and Joshuad156's before and after. I haven't a clue what exactly did it, but something did. The Dragon refuses to worry about it any longer, the poor weak little mind is whimpering in the corner and it needs a treat to make it feel better.

Reactions: Draconicrose

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, Rivvest. I don't have osmium yet. Somewhere between holding Aluminum and Gold ores (which did not complete chapter 2, I checked), killing a bunch of mobs, creating creeper, spider, and shard seeds, making extreme essence stone, making attuned stone, spinning wheel, kettle, and distillery, and placing a wither skull on my altar, chapter 2 went to 100%. My book looked exactly like Rokuma's and Joshuad156's before and after. I haven't a clue what exactly did it, but something did. The Dragon refuses to worry about it any longer, the poor weak little mind is whimpering in the corner and it needs a treat to make it feel better.
Then it was shards. :) I think the Osmium one was added in 0.8.4..

DinantHonings

Jul 29, 2019
Any suggestions for getting unstuck in Thaumcraft? I had done the quests up to infusion crafting and was making the silverwood sceptre when I got one of the crashes that requires deleting the HQM data. I used the /hqm edit book to get back to where I was but now those quests won't open back up.

Arcanist reputation is 98, I've held all the items listed in the faq and a few others I've seen mentioned in the thread: thaumometer, shards, all my random thaumcraft stuff, etc etc.

As of right now I am 36% in with 9 quests unlocked (and complete)

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Can second that, mine was marked completed before cobalt/ardite... Maybe holding the various essence items?

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Can second that, mine was marked completed before cobalt/ardite... Maybe holding the various essence items?

I appreciate all the attempted help, but I have unlocked all the seeds in the 2 infusion chapters (I'm actually 100% in the 2nd one) and I have improved them all to 10/10/10, so I know I've held all the essences and crafted all of their products at one point or another. I'm about to just chalk it up to a bug and accept that while I'm not missing anything material, I'll have to live with that 97% for forever! =D

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
I appreciate all the attempted help, but I have unlocked all the seeds in the 2 infusion chapters (I'm actually 100% in the 2nd one) and I have improved them all to 10/10/10, so I know I've held all the essences and crafted all of their products at one point or another. I'm about to just chalk it up to a bug and accept that while I'm not missing anything material, I'll have to live with that 97% for forever! =D
Who knows. Maybe it'll just complete at random while you're doing other stuff. :p

deenkayros

Jul 29, 2019
Who is the f.. idiot that added the "enhanced inventories" mod in this f... pack? that "mod" is totally bugged and the autocrafters disappears suddenly in all my farms... :mad:
goodbye!!!

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Who is the f.. idiot that added the "enhanced inventories" mod in this f... pack? that "mod" is totally bugged and the autocrafters disappears suddenly in all my farms... :mad:
goodbye!!!

Looking at the changelog, Enhanced Inventories has been in the pack since 0.7...