Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I've gone through the stargate and the telepad on the other end says it isn't linked to anything. Am I being really dense or is this a known issue?

Edit: I dug straight up from the stargate and broke through into the chamber. That place is a deathtrap and I was insta-killed (maybe two hitted) twice by something that I didn't even see (nuclear something) despite being in a fully upgraded battle suit. To make matters worse, I respawned in the void and lost everything in my inventory. Most decidedly not fun at all but I did enjoy the pack up to this point.

Never set spawnpoint with a cryochamber? -.- Start to lan, cheats on, /gamemode 1 /cofh tpx -28 /gamemode 0.

im trying to make server on this pack but for me overworld keep resetting to void somewhy when i added uskyblock any help ?

You need to make sure players spawn in the right dimension (-28) when making a server ..... and provide them with stuff and bases ...

Prestigo

Jul 29, 2019
Ok i read few page and see T1 T2 ,T5 up to T6.
What that Mean ?
Its quest like t1 before you make t2 rocket and have desh ore ?
Or meaby some mods like most of EnderIO need desh ore ?
or something else ? can someone tell me ?

Sory for my bad english :(

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Tier 1 is used a few different contexts. Rockets do come in tiers, Tier 1, 2 and 3. Tier 1 rockets are used to get to and from the earth to the moon and space station. In Galactic Science since you start on the moon you don't need a T1 rocket. T2 takes you to Mars, Venus and Mercury. T3 takes you to pluto and I think the asteroids.

Tiers also refer to the power produced. Early game power (stirling engines) is T1. T2 uses Desh and upgraded T1 power and can only be gotten once you get to mars. T3 is the turbine engines. Past that is nuclear reactors. I'm not sure what is past that.

alyandon

Jul 29, 2019
Never set spawnpoint with a cryochamber? -.- Start to lan, cheats on, /gamemode 1 /cofh tpx -28 /gamemode 0.

I have a cryochamber in my main base that I've slept in multiple times. For some reason, I'm still respawning in the same dimension I die in instead of the moon.

Parveln

Jul 29, 2019
Are there supposed to be mobs in this modpack? Have played for a while and I haven't encountered any.

Edit: Also am I supposed to use the default map or the observatory one? I'm currently using the default but it lacks the minechem thing the default one had.

Last edited:

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Day lasts much longer on the moon than on earth, night as well. Either base is fine to start in, each have pros and cons. The microscope is really only good for decomposing once you get a decomposer.

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
Are there supposed to be mobs in this modpack? Have played for a while and I haven't encountered any.

Edit: Also am I supposed to use the default map or the observatory one? I'm currently using the default but it lacks the minechem thing the default one had.
the flood lights in the base have a huge range. they are like a magnum torch.

Parveln

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, thanks for your answers :D

Edit: Just logged in and apparently I had only ever played during the day. Apparently it lasts longer on the moon which is logical I guess. Preparing for a long night...

Last edited:

Parveln

Jul 29, 2019
Also how do I get an oil-filled canister? I have a crucible with 1000mb of oil but I cannot fill the canister.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
You can get gold by sieving gravel. early game you will need to decompose flint or obsidian for silicon dioxide. You use a synthesizer to make gravel from silicon dioxide.

Hairy Yeti

Jul 29, 2019
Hi I'm currently playing this pack with a couple of freinds and we've got up to the stargate part but dont have a clue how to activate is as it gives the message that the adress dosnt exsist and dont really understand the instructions in the book, all it says is to check the spawn for diffrent cords well looked all around but didnt find anything. other than that enjoying the pack.

Ogandy

Jul 29, 2019
Did you limited green energy even more recently? I crafted one intelligent solarpannel by ripping parts of the base, which delivered nearly enough energy to power the minechem machinery, oxygen supply and a circuit crafter, but now it feels like two quantum entropy accelerators. Also could you please do something against the meteors? PLEASE? like a mod that adds shields, or just don't let them spawn because you can get those things out of moonrock anyways? pleasepleaseplease

alyandon

Jul 29, 2019
Did you limited green energy even more recently? I crafted one intelligent solarpannel by ripping parts of the base, which delivered nearly enough energy to power the minechem machinery, oxygen supply and a circuit crafter, but now it feels like two quantum entropy accelerators. Also could you please do something against the meteors? PLEASE? like a mod that adds shields, or just don't let them spawn because you can get those things out of moonrock anyways? pleasepleaseplease

Obsidian glass makes a nice meteor proof shield material. Also, a cobble gen with a couple of stirling generators hooked up to it is a good source of power for early game.

Last edited:

Ogandy

Jul 29, 2019
Obsidian glass makes a nice meteor proof shield material. Also, a cobble gen with a couple of stirling generators hooked up to it is a good source of power for early game.
But I like my solar panel, and getting all this resources will need ages, also the glass would block the rocket.

alyandon

Jul 29, 2019
But I like my solar panel, and getting all this resources will need ages, also the glass would block the rocket.

Without knowing your setup I can't really say why you might suddenly be getting less power from the panels - maybe they aren't tracking the sun very well. Regardless, you could try the RFTools shield generators but I have no idea if they'll stop meteors.

Status
Not open for further replies.