1.7.10 Infinity Is Nothing

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Gold stars all round!

IJpQzf5.png

Full disclosure: I built this skeleton/plan in creative because the zero-G environment, while fun, makes building complex shapes while flying impossible AND it disables any and all flight mechanics I've tried. So I did the outline in creative and have switched back to survival to build the actual structure.

This is a big build that is taking a long time so I've also broken my own rule of no item teleport and set up an AE quantum bridge, was just nonsensical to waste so much time flying up and down and restarting because of the dimension memory leak.

Reactions: Yusunoha

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Reminds me of Freelancer:
latest

Though that game did obviously not consult structural engineers for their designs :p

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Colored Cobble? Or just a dark picture?

Man, I need to reinstall Freelancer. Though I totally agree, definitely unsound structural work there.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not dead... Just family problems, planning a move and a written off car(totaled for you yanks).

There was going to be an update this week but:

Which COMPLETE AND UTTER ... removed aromabackup from Infinity 2.0 without putting a warning or notification, lost 3 days of intense catch up work this week because all my backups stopped and I didn't notice.

Edited for language

Last edited:

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not dead... Just family problems, planning a move and a written off car(totaled for you yanks).

Which ... removed aromabackup from Infinity 2.0 without putting a warning or notification, lost 3 days of intense catch up work this week because all my backups stopped and I didn't notice.
The same guy who added FTBUtilities to provide backupping?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Padfoote

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you

Which ... removed aromabackup from Infinity 2.0 without putting a warning or notification, lost 3 days of intense catch up work this week because all my backups stopped and I didn't notice.
Well the language might be a tad unnecessary.

Last edited by a moderator:

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
The same guy who added FTBUtilities to provide backupping?

Except I did not know this and didn't set up(nor know how to) FTBUtilities.

Well the language might be a tad unnecessary.

Said more in jest than actual anger, still highly peeved as my ancestors would say

Believe me, after some of the world destroying crashes I've had, he's being polite and well-mannered.

Not a world crash just idiots tripping my power so PC didn't shut down properly and wiped my RAMdisk

E

Engiminer

I know this is a tad late, considering, but I have to ask. Let me preface this by saying I haven't really gotten far enough in the game to really have AUTOMATIC EVERYTHING. In fact, I usually get to a Buildcraft quarry and then go "... WELP TIME FOR A NEW WORLD" or something along those lines. I usually don't get a huge fancy base, or if I do, I don't have a bunch of buildings for different purposes. So, my question is: Do you end up getting more metal than you know what to do with, and that's why you made metal blocks? I know the factory blocks from chisel are relatively cheap, but that silver pipe made of silver blocks makes me gasp. "How does he have that much metal??? Maybe I just haven't been playing long enough..."

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
You have quarries, liquid metal oceans from mystcraft and RFtools, MFR mining laser.
This is modded MC man, unabated modded MC at that. If you don't have a bajillion of everything by your tenth hour then something is wrong or you are purposely not trying.
Also if you are clever with micro blocks you can make one block of metal go a long way. You can make one block in to 2 block high column.
IIRC one block can be made in to 8 panels assuming you are able to cover the top and bottom with another block or terrain. And if you use ExtUtils pipes you can even run items and power down it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
8 covers. You only get 4 panels. Me, I don't typically like to go straight to the huge masses of materials, but it's not that hard even manually mining.