[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Heho...
i have a question...

Have tried now many time to disable this passive flower withering from Botania...but it wont work?
Is there somethin that i havent seen? Have edit the botania config...but the flowers still wither :(
Vaskii has apparently removed the ability to disable it from the mod itself. There are a number of recommendations for better mana-generation using non-withering flowers in the last few pages.

Reactions: Sephlington

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
? How do you unlock Thaumcraft ? I'm up-too diamond seeds and crafted that witchery seed! that someone here said to do to unlock i have done all witchery quest that was available even kill "witch hunter!" quest!
any help would be nice! thanks
thaumcraft should unlock after you get a diamond and any thaumcraft shard (fire water earth air...) and a thaumonicon... at least it did for me

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
i have a three thick floor on my floating platform. The middle layer has about 30 floating endloflames surrounding a circle of water. I use a pair of obsidian pipes attached to a a pair of golden pipes to pick up the coal blocks and drop them. Water source blocks on the end of gold pipe flows the coal block to the next one. Got the start of the idea from a stream I watched. This iteration is rather resource cheap to build and well hidden. Might have to go get a pic to show it off. I like your setup though. It looks like it was fun to set up.

Edit 001:
I had to open the floor up a little to be able to show it off. The Endoflames go full circle. As does the water. I have automated it though. I just dump two or three stacks of charcoal blocks in the system and let it go for awhile.
DrCEbfB.png
I made a setup with about 380 endoflames that get autofed with coalblocks from 8 different item grates.
This allows us to fly indefinitely with the flugel tiara :) and always having a cr@pton of mana on hand is a blast for terrasteel

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Silwing

Jul 29, 2019
I made a setup with about 380 endoflames that get autofed with coalblocks from 8 different item grates.
This allows us to fly indefinitely with the flugel tiara :) and always having a cr@pton of mana on hand is a blast for terrasteel

What do you mean by fly indefinitely with the flugel tiara? Didn't Vazkii put some kind of cap on how long you can fly with it? I haven't tried the tiara since the new limit, and I'm really wondering whether it is worth making or what.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean by fly indefinitely with the flugel tiara? Didn't Vazkii put some kind of cap on how long you can fly with it? I haven't tried the tiara since the new limit, and I'm really wondering whether it is worth making or what.
Vazkii reduced it to 10 seconds, as of the most recent version it's back up to 30 seconds...it's still really bad but much better.

efeefeefe

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
Is there any way to transfer animals one location to another? golden lasso-like item, wand focus or blood magic stuff maybe?

Silwing

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
Is there any way to transfer animals one location to another? golden lasso-like item, wand focus or blood magic stuff maybe?
I'm not sure, but I think the Blood Magic teleposers will work. You would probably need at least the second tier (moving a 3x3x3 block area). The FTBWiki says test it in a test world before trying in a world you care about: http://ftbwiki.org/Teleposer
I don't know if there are other ways though aside from the vanilla Lead item, which is way better than trying to lure animals with food though.

Reactions: efeefeefe

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Vazkii reduced it to 10 seconds, as of the most recent version it's back up to 30 seconds...it's still really bad but much better.
The teleport item from the Gaia 2 boss removes the limit on the tira. Still has the bar run out but you keep flying when it gets to zero.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Silwing

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
The teleport item from the Gaia 2 boss removes the limit on the tira. Still has the bar run out but you keep flying when it gets to zero.

Ah, thank you! In testing I assumed it wasn't working right. Time to rush my way up :p
Staff of the shaded mesa can pick up and move mobs.

I actually have issues with the Staff of the Shaded Mesa, it never targets what I want it to, and tends to swap to another while holding something...

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, thank you! In testing I assumed it wasn't working right. Time to rush my way up

I actually have issues with the Staff of the Shaded Mesa, it never targets what I want it to, and tends to swap to another while holding something...
Yeah but as soon as it runs out you start using about 100x more mana so you need alot of mana generation to keep up with it. My gf always forgets to land when doing stuff and kept falling from the sky. So i made a giant endoflame setup to counter that but now she cant come near the botania room since she is playing on a laptop which isn't as fast as my pc so she laggs like hell xD. When you fix one problem you create another. Guess that's mc for you ^^

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone help me kill Gaia II? After the mobs He teleports so fast that I can't touch him.
I use a lightning focus on a living wood wand or dreamwood staff and just spam lightning bolts. I use pure potency upgrades until I get geared enough to take on two at a time then I use the chain lightning in place of one potency.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah but as soon as it runs out you start using about 100x more mana so you need alot of mana generation to keep up with it. My gf always forgets to land when doing stuff and kept falling from the sky. So i made a giant endoflame setup to counter that but now she cant come near the botania room since she is playing on a laptop which isn't as fast as my pc so she laggs like hell xD. When you fix one problem you create another. Guess that's mc for you ^^
I have not managed to drain my dozen storage pools (I like to be able to just make a set of terasteel armor at any time) so my 50 endoflames seem to be fine.

Maybe I will time that.

If I add mana gen it will likely be entropuniums or maybe kek's if I want a challenge.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, thank you! In testing I assumed it wasn't working right. Time to rush my way up

I've had the same issues but it can work and if you learn the quirks is the simplest way to move cattle around.

Darianna

Jul 29, 2019
Thx for the answer with the Botania question....but i hate these changing ;)
Havent mats for active mana-flowers ... :/

But now i have another question ;)

This cracked sand...i can turn it in sand with a bucket of water...but that makes me angry now i have read here i can do that with a super crafting frame over water...but it wont work?
Have place a chest over an infinite water source....on the chest the super crafting frame with the recipe...but i get an error...need water bucket...mhh
how is the right setting /recipe for semi-automate this?

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Thx for the answer with the Botania question....but i hate these changing ;)
Havent mats for active mana-flowers ... :/

But now i have another question ;)

This cracked sand...i can turn it in sand with a bucket of water...but that makes me angry now i have read here i can do that with a super crafting frame over water...but it wont work?
Have place a chest over an infinite water source....on the chest the super crafting frame with the recipe...but i get an error...need water bucket...mhh
how is the right setting /recipe for semi-automate this?
Need the sand and bucket in your inventory. You fill the bucket from the water and smack the frame then repeat. If your hot bar is set up right the empty bucket will end up on your bar making it easy to fill.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Need the sand and bucket in your inventory. You fill the bucket from the water and smack the frame then repeat. If your hot bar is set up right the empty bucket will end up on your bar making it easy to fill.

One of Landstryder's videos shows the setup. Super crafting frame on the wall between 2 blocks, infinite water water source in front of that. You stand in front of the frame and click it through the water block. Takes 2 clicks, one to fill the bucket and one to make sand, but you can get sand as fast as you can click. Looks sort of like this: Lower case b can be empty, it is there because board drops leading spaces. You stand at x. Works a treat.

BBBBB
bBFBb
BwwwB
bBBB
bbx

To much blood in caffeine system, missed leading spaces in front of x

Last edited:

xeodon

Jul 29, 2019
The only things I can suggest are throwing out your Lexica Botania, making a new one, and throwing it through the portal again. Or if you have bookmarks saved, delete them (shift right click I believe).

i played around a bit, made a new book, deleted bookmarks nothing works.

i did try clicking a page another player shared, and i got no lag, but if i open the book at the start page, boom, lag, and then i have to restart to get rid of it.