Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
How many Golem do u need to harvest and gather a 9x9 farm? What upgrades do I need?
Depends on how fast your farm grows. If you don't have a large amount of acceleration, one golem with each core should do it with plenty of idle time to spare. Do note that the material your golems are made of is important as well- straw works the best for the harvesting golem, since straw golems are the fastest and strength doesn't matter when harvesting crops; however, for the gathering golem, you'd be better off with wood or stone, since they can carry more items at once.

If you're growing crops that you'd need to replant if you were harvesting them by hand, you'll want to put the upgrade on your harvesting golem that would allow it to replant- Order, I think. If you're growing sugarcane or Agricraft crops, there's no need.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Definitely Agricraft Crops. I have 2 Tallow Golem with Bow-ties and Spectacles and fire/water upgrades. But they don't reach the back 3 rows of crops.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to look at the amount of ram allocated to MC using the curse launcher? I get a FPS freeze in regular intervals, and I'm thinking it's garbage collection. I have no FPS issues with the FTB launcher as I set my ram to 4gig.
should be under advanced settings in the minecraft tab of the settings tab

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
should be under advanced settings in the minecraft tab of the settings tab

Thanks, found it!

Strange place for it, it's the gear button next to your user profile on the main page... I guess I'm just used to seeing it as an option per modpack..

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Is there a way to link one golem to the tasks of another? I want to have 2 harvest golem, but don't want to have to the other to do the same things that that first one is doing over again. I have a 9x9 plot and it took time to set the first one.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to link one golem to the tasks of another? I want to have 2 harvest golem, but don't want to have to the other to do the same things that that first one is doing over again. I have a 9x9 plot and it took time to set the first one.
I'm not sure there is a way to link them as you say (and I'll add that I think it is not possible to do that in that way but, again, not sure), but I have a suggestion of a workaround: Increase the farm area a bit and remove the upgrades, or increase it in a way to allow the 2 golems to collect all that is in their area.

Edit: d'oh I came here with a question in mind... Is there a way or someplace I can find FTB Departed's oregen? I want to know where I should be digging. The pack is pretty unforgiving, so I'd rather not waste my time digging where it is pointless...

Edit 2: What are my waste disposal options on Departed? They didn't add XU and besides that, the only things that also come to mind are the Void chest or bag. None are in the pack. Help...?

Last edited:
Reactions: Type1Ninja

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I'm not sure there is a way to link them as you say (and I'll add that I think it is not possible to do that in that way but, again, not sure), but I have a suggestion of a workaround: Increase the farm area a bit and remove the upgrades, or increase it in a way to allow the 2 golems to collect all that is in their area.

Edit: d'oh I came here with a question in mind... Is there a way or someplace I can find FTB Departed's oregen? I want to know where I should be digging. The pack is pretty unforgiving, so I'd rather not waste my time digging where it is pointless...

Edit 2: What are my waste disposal options on Departed? They didn't add XU and besides that, the only things that also come to mind are the Void chest or bag. None are in the pack. Help...?
There's Botania, right? Open crate over lava works pretty well, if less than ideal.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Botania also lets you put lava in a petal apothecary for use as a safe trash can too
There's Botania, right? Open crate over lava works pretty well, if less than ideal.
Brutal and ingenius. I'll do it for science. I think I found the answer for my question about ores, but I wanted a second opinion.

The AoA wiki has info on which levels can I get the mod's ores. Each ore is described as "at layer x and below". I am ASSUMING the frequency is the same at any level below what each entry says. This should be it, right? As for the other non-AoA ores, since COFH is not part of the modpack, is it safe to assume they are on their defualt positions and at default abundance?

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Woodsy

Jul 29, 2019
Got a few complaints from people on my expert mode infinity server...

How do we create goggles of revealing? It appears to have been recipe-removed.
If the goggles are truly removed. How are people expected to find nodes?
Is there a list of changes in expert mode?

Tarlee

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome to know...
But here's another question... How do you collect Granum in expert mode
Granum: seeds, eggs, saplings

I have researched a normal egg, multiple seeds and saplings and haven't received any Granum?
Is there another way I'm able to make this or get this?