Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I wanted to help some nodes regen aspects. How do I find out if the nodes I have are pale or dim?

and I found out that Fading nodes will not regen Vis. Pale regens at 1/2 normal, and bright regens at twice normal.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to help some nodes regen aspects. How do I find out if the nodes I have are pale or dim?

and I found out that Fading nodes will not regen Vis. Pale regens at 1/2 normal, and bright regens at twice normal.
By looking at them with the Thaumometer you will see a tooltip informing what the node is. Pure, Sinister, Pale, Bright, Dim. If it says nothing, it is normal. I am not 100% sure if looking at a node with your Goggles of Revealing will give you the same information.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Trying to figure out how to use the Arcane Alembic with a Crucible. Any idea how that can be done?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
You don't use the alembic with crucibles, you use it with the alchemical furnace. The functionalty of them has changed between 3 and 4 (and 5 is similar to 4 in function.)

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Trying to make Magic Tallow without getting any flux by wasted essentia. How do I transfer the essentia from the alembics in Thaumcraft 4 to the crucible?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to make Magic Tallow without getting any flux by wasted essentia. How do I transfer the essentia from the alembics in Thaumcraft 4 to the crucible?
Phials or jars. Phials can only draw exactly 8 essentia at a time. Jar can take up to 64, but can take in any number at a time.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Can the jar be attached to the alembic so that it just fills?

EDIT: found a video that details what I wanted to do. Thanks, guys.

Last edited:

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
If you wanna do that it's better to crystalise esssentia or use the thaumatorium. I personally prefer the latter.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
If you drop the warding jar in, but that's a massive waste of glass and wood imo. I suggest using the essentia crystaliser to crystalise essence into crystals worth 1 aspect, or the thaumatrorium, where you can pipe the essentia into it. The best part of the thaumatorium if you ask me, is it cannot waste essentia, and thus is very clean, it's a fair bit more resource heavy though.

Wicked223

Jul 29, 2019
I have an EnderIO Powered Spawner feeding mobs into a single Autonomous Activator with an Enderium Cleaver doing 9.5 hearts of damage per swing, and this doesn't seem to be killing the mobs fast enough to keep it running smoothly. Is there anyway to speed this up without adding another Activator?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I have an EnderIO Powered Spawner feeding mobs into a single Autonomous Activator with an Enderium Cleaver doing 9.5 hearts of damage per swing, and this doesn't seem to be killing the mobs fast enough to keep it running smoothly. Is there anyway to speed this up without adding another Activator?
try setting the automanious activator to respond to a high signal and then put a very short delay timer behind it feeding a redstone signal into it, if u dont notice a differnce try shortening the timer more so

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Thanks, but I was wondering: if I drop in some Greatwood Logs into an Arcane Furance/Alembic Combo, do I lose one of the two essentias that those logs have?