[1.7.10] The Sky is the Limit [291 Mods] [stable] [sidequests] [alternated balancing]

Shalashalska

Jul 29, 2019
Electricraft isn't related to that crash, it's Rotarycraft's Dynamo for producing RF. It seems like Rotarycraft is initializing it twice for some reason.

busterdude

Jul 29, 2019
you keep telling us that it is the hardware we have that makes it take to long to load the pack
that is not it it is the ftb launcher i have multimc it loads the pack ok it takes a bit but not to long
but the ftb launcher takes to long it looks like it stops loading multimc does not do this it loads
the pack good and does not slow to a crawl like the ftb launcher does i can only get in the pack
in multimc :confused:

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
This pack is DEFINITLY NOT stable. It crashes when I try to launch the pack for the second time (PS: didn't add/remove/edit mods):

http://pastebin.com/zZWZHyYH

RotaryCraft (+ElectriCraft) seem to crash my game, but I don't want to remove them because this pack is pure AWESOMENESS!

The pack defenitely is stable...last time it crashed for me or one of the persons I play with was about 2 weeks ago (daily usage) xD
But that error is extremely strange...it should not even be possible...can you try to reinstall the pack completely? (Backup saves first :p )
(That error looks like there's a second installation of RC active, but then it should just throw an error and stop loading...that looks like a completely broken copy of it...)

Electricraft isn't related to that crash, it's Rotarycraft's Dynamo for producing RF. It seems like Rotarycraft is initializing it twice for some reason.

Yep^^ But again, that crash never happened before and should be impossible...

you keep telling us that it is the hardware we have that makes it take to long to load the pack
that is not it it is the ftb launcher i have multimc it loads the pack ok it takes a bit but not to long
but the ftb launcher takes to long it looks like it stops loading multimc does not do this it loads
the pack good and does not slow to a crawl like the ftb launcher does i can only get in the pack
in multimc :confused:

Are you using Java Arguments in MultiMC you don't have active in FTB? (For me FTB takes about 10secs longer only, since it does check for updates wich MultiMC doesn't)

busterdude

Jul 29, 2019
no i am not using the java argumeents in multimc it is setup the same as ftb and i am using
4.5 g in ftb and multimc

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
You could try with these:
Code:
-Xms4G -Xmx5G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:parallelGCThreads=2 -XX:+AggressiveOpts
(Warning: Depending on your hardware these could cause other programs to become laggy whilst running modpacks) :)

Elriol

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I got this error each time I tried to reopen my world. (http://pastebin.com/yrSfEcyJ)
No problem creating a new world.
I even tried to start a new world, save and quit to load my first world and I got the same error.
Can you help ? Your modpack seem to be a lot of fun.

(Sorry for grammar mistake. English is not my first language)
------
Spec :

CPU : I7 [email protected] ghz
GPU : GTC 760
RAM : 16go DDR3

Dr Genocide

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a crash when it comes to loading the client itself. Namrly it'll freeze on this part here: http://i.imgur.com/OCBuOVL.png I disabled Opis, gave 5GB of RAM and have Java1.8.0_25

There's also an error with booting up a server that's giving it 10GB of RAM, same after giving it 30GB of RAM:

[20:34:54] [Server thread/INFO] [IguanaTweaksTConstruct/IguanaTweaksTConstruct]: Creating Material Default File
[20:34:54] [Server thread/DEBUG] [IguanaTweaksTConstruct/IguanaTweaksTConstruct]: Loading Material Overrides
[20:34:54] [Server thread/DEBUG] [IguanaTweaksTConstruct/IguanaTweaksTConstruct]: Creating Tool Default File
[20:34:54] [Server thread/DEBUG] [IguanaTweaksTConstruct/IguanaTweaksTConstruct]: Loading Tool Overrides
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Requested array size exceeds VM limit

Cheeseypop

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a crash when it comes to loading the client itself. Namrly it'll freeze on this part here: http://i.imgur.com/OCBuOVL.png I disabled Opis, gave 5GB of RAM and have Java1.8.0_25

There's also an error with booting up a server that's giving it 10GB of RAM, same after giving it 30GB of RAM:

[20:34:54] [Server thread/INFO] [IguanaTweaksTConstruct/IguanaTweaksTConstruct]: Creating Material Default File
[20:34:54] [Server thread/DEBUG] [IguanaTweaksTConstruct/IguanaTweaksTConstruct]: Loading Material Overrides
[20:34:54] [Server thread/DEBUG] [IguanaTweaksTConstruct/IguanaTweaksTConstruct]: Creating Tool Default File
[20:34:54] [Server thread/DEBUG] [IguanaTweaksTConstruct/IguanaTweaksTConstruct]: Loading Tool Overrides

To extend upon this:
Server crashes out with that error after this message in console: http://pastebin.com/ep4BsyGM
Varying degrees of ram and permgen space allocated, didn't fix the problem.

From the looks of things removing Iguanas Tweaks allows loading to progress a tiny bit further but another crash occurs: http://pastebin.com/sC8ZMpGH

PM me for the full logs of both the crashes.

zwibak01

Jul 29, 2019
The pack defenitely is stable...last time it crashed for me or one of the persons I play with was about 2 weeks ago (daily usage) xD
But that error is extremely strange...it should not even be possible...can you try to reinstall the pack completely? (Backup saves first :p )
(That error looks like there's a second installation of RC active, but then it should just throw an error and stop loading...that looks like a completely broken copy of it...)

I reinstalled it about six times because of this error... Also, the iron-capped wand for the Thaumcraft quest isn't being accepted (for me :mad:)
PS: I crafted it. So that isn't the error.

But still, I fell in love with this pack :D

Last edited:

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I got this error each time I tried to reopen my world. (http://pastebin.com/yrSfEcyJ)
No problem creating a new world.
I even tried to start a new world, save and quit to load my first world and I got the same error.
Can you help ? Your modpack seem to be a lot of fun.

(Sorry for grammar mistake. English is not my first language)
------
Spec :

CPU : I7 [email protected] ghz
GPU : GTC 760
RAM : 16go DDR3

Remove Opis from the pack (I really need to get that modpack update finished that removes opis by default...)

Are you sure your server has a 64bit java version installed?

To extend upon this:
Server crashes out with that error after this message in console: http://pastebin.com/ep4BsyGM
Varying degrees of ram and permgen space allocated, didn't fix the problem.

From the looks of things removing Iguanas Tweaks allows loading to progress a tiny bit further but another crash occurs: http://pastebin.com/sC8ZMpGH

PM me for the full logs of both the crashes.

Does is completely crash or freeze? (If it only freezes give it up to 10 more mins and tell me if that changes anything)

I reinstalled it about six times because of this error... Also, the iron-capped wand for the Thaumcraft quest isn't being accepted (for me :mad:)
PS: I crafted it. So that isn't the error.

But still, I fell in love with this pack :D

Seems like that quest will also need a fix... (damn TC crafting... :D )

btw: Derartige packs sollte man am besten auf Englisch spielen...die Übersetzungen sind oft fehlerhaft, komisch oder nicht-existent... xD

Since posting a goddamn link doesn't work with my post above -.-:
http://picpaste.com/Trial_and_error-Gmz90hDT.png

^^

Cheeseypop

Jul 29, 2019
Does is completely crash or freeze? (If it only freezes give it up to 10 more mins and tell me if that changes anything

Freezes for about 2-3 mins then spits out java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Requested array size exceeds VM limit. Irrespective of how much ram or permgen I give it. 100% sure I am on 64 bit too, updating to Java 8 from 7 also had no effect.

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
Toll, jetzt funktioniert's ÜBERHAUPT nich mehr (habe nix verändert)! Dieses Pack ist so verwirrend:confused:...

(Great, now it completly doesn't work (without changing anything)! This pack is so confusing:confused:...)

http://pastebin.com/gEQ3HLhv

Opis rausnehmen...so langsam sollte ich mit dem update endlich fertig werden...das häuft sich langsam...

Freezes for about 2-3 mins then spits out java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Requested array size exceeds VM limit. Irrespective of how much ram or permgen I give it. 100% sure I am on 64 bit too, updating to Java 8 from 7 also had no effect.

Interesting...I currently have a server running this modpack unedited (except for the removal of PneumaticCraft as it isn't server compatible if installed alongside mekanism generators...) are you using any extra java parameters when starting the server? Did you try to start the server using sudo/root? (By default users can't run all java programs as java needs additional super-user-level permissions (network access and so on))

DaviePatriots

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has some performance advice for the pack. My current setup is an i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, GTX 760, 8GB 1600Mhz RAM, running the pack on an HDD, but can be put on an SSD if it will help. I used the arguments posted above (-Xms4G -Xmx5G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX ParallelGCThreads=2 -XX:+AggressiveOpts). I'm still getting anywhere from 40 fps to 130, but the problem is, is that it plays extremely choppily. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions to help squeeze some more performance out of the pack. Maybe get rid of a few mods that won't break progression or some additional/difference arguments?

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has some performance advice for the pack. My current setup is an i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, GTX 760, 8GB 1600Mhz RAM, running the pack on an HDD, but can be put on an SSD if it will help. I used the arguments posted above (-Xms4G -Xmx5G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX ParallelGCThreads=2 -XX:+AggressiveOpts). I'm still getting anywhere from 40 fps to 130, but the problem is, is that it plays extremely choppily. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions to help squeeze some more performance out of the pack. Maybe get rid of a few mods that won't break progression or some additional/difference arguments?

What are you reffering to by "plays extremely choppy" ?
40-130 fps is in fact relatively good for this modpack ;) (and shouldn't give you any screen stutters) (Only thing that makes me wonder is the huge range of fps...never had something like that)
(On high-end hardware you can get up to 400fps (standing still with nothing happening around you, 220 when playing normally) dropping to 150-200 when flying around (generating chunks) with Draconic on 5x speed Multiplier)

capSAR273

Jul 29, 2019
That would also prevent all AM2 ores from spawning there...also the chance for a witchwood tree to spawn in the same area as the naga arena (what should not even be possible, looks like bad coding on TF's side...) is quite small...I think the damage would be bigger than that the bug causes...

Go for it! There are only 2 conditions:
1. Credit (Link to this topic; don't claim anything in the modpack as yours)
2. Don't edit Recipes/ban items from any of Reikas mods (Editing configs or changing other mods' recipes is allowed but you'd do us a favour if you don't do that :p )
The usual MC terms (don't sell items or access to specific things for real money and so on) also apply of course ;)

They can be disabled in the ProjectE config (config/ProjectE/ProjectE.cfg) in the misc settings
(OreDictionary Names and Unlocalized Names ; The EMC value can also be disabled there...if you don't use ProjectE as otherwise...you'll need them :D )
Thank you! Removes some clutter :D Also, I suggest INpureCore as an addition to clean up NEI a little, helps cut down on the pages displayed :)

Last edited:

Darth Crater

Jul 29, 2019
Could be garbage collection. I had a similar issue for a while; it turned out to be Mystcraft doing some kind of profiling. It finished on its own and I haven't had performance issues since.

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you! Removes some clutter :D Also, I suggest INpureCore as an addition to clean up NEI a little, helps cut down on the pages displayed :)

INPureCore is already installed (removed about 120 pages of microblocks :D ) but I can see if I can enhance the filters a little ;)

Could be garbage collection. I had a similar issue for a while; it turned out to be Mystcraft doing some kind of profiling. It finished on its own and I haven't had performance issues since.

Mystcraft shouldn't take too long for it's profiling...about 5 mins the first time a world is loaded...

capSAR273

Jul 29, 2019
INPureCore is already installed (removed about 120 pages of microblocks :D ) but I can see if I can enhance the filters a little ;)

Mystcraft shouldn't take too long for it's profiling...about 5 mins the first time a world is loaded...
Oh! MultiMC must have lied about loaded mods :p Thanks!