[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Haiya-Dragon

Jul 29, 2019
I'm wondering what the deal is with the IC2 kinetic power. I tried using a manual kinetic generator next to a turning table, but nothing happens after I give it some right clicking KU love. Next I tried an electric kinetic generator to turn the currently existing EU into KU, then put an electric motor in it, but no matter how I turn the machine it won't connect to the cable and thus won't get any power.. what gives? I've seen youtube videos using the same system with success :/

For example:

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
any tier of hatch cant take more than 2 amps.
so, 3 lv hatches would take max 6 amps, that is 6 batteries and closest cable to conduct 6 amps is 8x cable since GT has 4x and 8x only. Anyway, that is 6x32=192 eu\t at max. that is above 128, and most recepies would take 120.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I'm wondering what the deal is with the IC2 kinetic power. I tried using a manual kinetic generator next to a turning table, but nothing happens after I give it some right clicking KU love. Next I tried an electric kinetic generator to turn the currently existing EU into KU, then put an electric motor in it, but no matter how I turn the machine it won't connect to the cable and thus won't get any power.. what gives?

Put an LV battery in it just to make your mining laser handle, for some reason they won't attach to GT cable at the moment.

any tier of hatch cant take more than 2 amps.
so, 3 lv hatches would take max 6 amps, that is 6 batteries and closest cable to conduct 6 amps is 8x cable since GT has 4x and 8x only. Anyway, that is 6x32=192 eu\t at max. that is above 128, and most recepies would take 120.

The easy move is to put your battery boxes adjacent to the LV hatches so you don't have to worry about cable loss at all. 3 LV hatches, 3 4-slot LV battery buffers with 2 batteries each until you can make a soldering iron at which point you can repurpose one battery buffer, one hatch, and 2 batteries. Even when I move it to MV and HV I put a battery buffer right next to the energy hatch, just to insure smooth operation.

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, too much battery boxes. + you anyways have some loss when you deliver. As we go into 9 slot BB, you get 2-3 battert slots to feel with reserve bateries, so..I wouldnt worry about 1-2 cable loss, when its just that good with 1 batbox per entire blast furnace.

By the way. Anybody has auto-MOX reactors?
We need to get solo MOX cells into reactor for 1 second so they would become usable for crafting and I cant figure the goddamn way to keep cells in reactor for that 1 second, as buildcraft is kinda messy with damage ids and it simply extracts the cell regardless of its damage value and most of the time cell simply is extracted at that moment and doesnt change its damage value to id:1. And I friggin cant automate MOX because of this

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, too much battery boxes. + you anyways have some loss when you deliver. As we go into 9 slot BB, you get 2-3 battert slots to feel with reserve bateries, so..I wouldnt worry about 1-2 cable loss, when its just that good with 1 batbox per entire blast furnace.
No, I don't have loss when I deliver with that design or it wouldn't work at all.

No such thing as too many battery boxes either, I end up using them in multiple places, front of main basic line, in front of thermal centrifuge, as a tool charging station, etc.

The 9-slot bb on the other hand is one I don't have use for anywhere. I do 12 or 4.

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
GT5U has RF support. All GT cables can output RF. 32V works everywere, for higher voltage, the targed RF buffer must accept the full package at once. For HV/512V for example, the RF machine must accept at last ~2000RF/t so it works. GT can also in theory convert RF into EU, but that is disabled in IT2.

I've been under the impression that I'd need GT/EU to run all my processing but for RF stuff like EnderQuarry I was under the mistaken assumption that I'd have to build a Big Reactor. And perhaps I still will, once I realize my GT power supply isn't up to the task... hehe But it sure is nice to know that - if I choose to - I can power ALL my stuff with my GT setup. Just from a consolidation standpoint, that really makes a big difference for future planning.

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013

By the way. Anybody has auto-MOX reactors?
We need to get solo MOX cells into reactor for 1 second so they would become usable for crafting and I cant figure the goddamn way to keep cells in reactor for that 1 second, as buildcraft is kinda messy with damage ids and it simply extracts the cell regardless of its damage value and most of the time cell simply is extracted at that moment and doesnt change its damage value to id:1. And I friggin cant automate MOX because of this

In BC 7.1, you can use a List's "Precise" option to make BC be much more precise about the item(s) in question. That might help.

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
In BC 7.1, you can use a List's "Precise" option to make BC be much more precise about the item(s) in question. That might help.

Can you tell more about that list or whatever? what pipe is it pr what..I m using plain emerald\wooden pipes. Is it logistic pipes?

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
I've been under the impression that I'd need GT/EU to run all my processing but for RF stuff like EnderQuarry I was under the mistaken assumption that I'd have to build a Big Reactor. And perhaps I still will, once I realize my GT power supply isn't up to the task... hehe But it sure is nice to know that - if I choose to - I can power ALL my stuff with my GT setup. Just from a consolidation standpoint, that really makes a big difference for future planning.

At the start Infitech 2 v3 didn't even have RF support. There was only GT EU. Jason readded RF conduits and some generators because some stuff just wouldn't work without it.
RF has marginal use though. I never felt that I needed it for anything - fpr EnderIO and quarry I just used EU.

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, its strange that my EBF isnt making any tungustensteel. it made some, then stopped and I cant make it do TS again..for some reason..I tried 4x128 and 2x512 and it still doesnt work..have both steel and tungsten ingots in input..whats wrong?

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
I even hooked 2 HV hatches and a batbox with 4 crystals. it doesnt even start. hmm. I guess, I ll move the ebf and maybe the issue will be gone..still, no idea wtf. 4x512 and no 480 recepie? cmon..
maybe its 4800 :D titanium goes just ok with HV, no TS though?

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
2 HV Hatches = 1024V = EV = overclocked = 1920EU/t for tungstensteel...

You need 1 HV hatch, and a 2 amp supply.

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019

it should start regardless of input and then shutdown if its insufficient. at least blink. I tried with 1 HV hatch, 2 hv, 2 mv (which was working at the beginning) but now I sit with 16 hot TS and cant make anymore for no reason! nothing changed, lol
okay I go to sleep and in the morning I ll move EBF and see if that helps.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

This. Don't use more than one hatch, it's not necessary. And in fact it penalizes you. Overclocking the EBF processes dusts twice as fast, but it uses 4 times the EU (or something like that). By using 2 hatches of HV you overclocked and quadrupled the energy required.

Here's my setup: 16 LV Turbines in groups of 4, each group's output goes into a GT LV Transformer that I hit with a rubber hammer to invert it so it outputs 1 amp of MV. I then run those 4 Transformer outputs into a GT MV Transformer, again inverted, and I get 1 amp of HV as my output. I run this into a HV Battery Buffer Box with TWO Lithium HV Batteries in it, and I butt that Buffer right up to the HV Energy Hatch on my EBF.

Since Energy Hatches accept 2 amps, the 2 HV Batteries ensures that the EBF will always have power and won't ever fail. However... since I'm only inputting one amp into the two-amp (two-battery) buffer box, the batteries run down slowly as the ingots cook up in the EBF. So I can only do 4 dusts at a time, then I have to let the batteries recharge. I could increase this time by adding more batteries, as many as I could make or fit, theoretically. But practically speaking, 2 Lithiums is 3,200,000 EU stored up so that will get you thru at least a couple of Tungstens or Tungstensteels. As I like to say... "you gotta babysit the big dummy". :)

FYI Overclocking is best explained by this page: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_5/Electricity

"If a recipe has a minimum required voltage within a lower tier than that of the machine, the recipe is overclocked. Overclocked recipes are carried out at double normal speed, double normal total energy, and thus quadruple normal energy per tick."

Ideally you'll either have two EBF's, one for MV recipes and one for HV, or else the capability to switch between two power supplys/hatches. But practically speaking, I'm ignoring all that and just running an HV power supply/energy hatch. I pay the penalty to overclock all the MV recipes, but my CreoTek CreoStak 36 means I never really have to worry too much about steam, because its basically free. If I use some extra EU, oh well - I got my stuff twice as fast.

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Almost forgot what I came here for... (lol) Q: How do I build the EnderQuarry? The Buildcraft Quarry doesn't have a recipe, just some warning in very large letters? Should I go to a wiki and use whatever the normal recipe for the BC Quarry is, will that work?

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Almost forgot what I came here for... (lol) Q: How do I build the EnderQuarry? The Buildcraft Quarry doesn't have a recipe, just some warning in very large letters? Should I go to a wiki and use whatever the normal recipe for the BC Quarry is, will that work?

That buildcraft quarry recipe was just for people who already had one to turn into an enderquarry. You should be able to arrow over for the regular recipe.

Reactions: asb3pe