[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if this was asked before, but what mod will replace it?
Realistic World Gen, which can be disabled by folks if they don't want to use its terrain generation, since no quests will rely on it.

Not sure how submitting to the Curse Launcher works, but.... are you aware that it has beta and even alpha branches for packs?
Right now I use the FTB pack to Curse auto transfer thing us third party pack devs can opt into. I might look into it for alpha testing branches later.

TheOramgebananna

Jul 29, 2019
hey Caigan, i may have found sort of an exploit. you can pay coins to turn them into vouchers and turn the vouchers into coins. if you do this and repeat, you can get to max shop loyalty rank somewhat easily

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
hey Caigan, i may have found sort of an exploit. you can pay coins to turn them into vouchers and turn the vouchers into coins. if you do this and repeat, you can get to max shop loyalty rank somewhat easily
Wait, what quest lets you convert vouchers back into coins directly?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Okay I fixed out the bugs I was having issues with (script goofs, partially on my end). I also kind of got sidetracked today working on, well...

LEktRke.png

The new Power Provider system. It's...not going to be super friendly for the initial release, but I don't have time to clean it up yet. I've already delayed the pack enough as it is, so I need to wrap a few things up tomorrow morning so I can submit it. I'm super sorry for making everyone wait @.@

Also, I've fixed the Forestry NEI recipes not showing up (the disabling was due to Forestry 4.0, which is too new for us to use, as multiple other mods that rely on Forestry aren't updated to 4.0 yet)

Reactions: An0nymuS

Busi

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance you can sneak Extra Utilities update in the pack?
I really really reallllly need fuzzy item filters :D only sorting system that can ignore meta data, i can find that can manage a mob farm other than AE

Busi

Jul 29, 2019
The update has now been submitted to the Third Party team. No we wait.

The pack download will not include the Changelog and Mod List PDF's as usual, as I"m in the middle of rebuilding those both.

Extra Utilities 1.2.11 update is in the pack.
I love you!

Reactions: Pudding01

Fousicek

Jul 29, 2019
I would be happy if you could keep Magical Crops in the pack. But you can make the price for the seeds bag very very high so unless you really have a toons of vouchers,(maybe higher tier vouchers as the trading chits) you can purchase those bags and still have the random pick in it. It would be very great to see something like that and also you can put inside the fluix crystal 2 but i am not very big fan of those. (they could be in the mid game , so player can foucus only on nature gathering resources).

Thats so far what i came up with.

Thx

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I would be happy if you could keep Magical Crops in the pack. But you can make the price for the seeds bag very very high so unless you really have a toons of vouchers,(maybe higher tier vouchers as the trading chits) you can purchase those bags and still have the random pick in it. It would be very great to see something like that and also you can put inside the fluix crystal 2 but i am not very big fan of those. (they could be in the mid game , so player can foucus only on nature gathering resources).

Thats so far what i came up with.

Thx
You are free to add it back into the pack as you like.

With how its changing and the issues it causes via other mods (which is why its not updated in 0.1.1), plus the difficulties in balancing it (especially vs flux crystals 2) and inability to add new seeds (as far as I can still tell), I wanted an option that was better overall. I've spent a lot of time just trying to keep a balance with Magical Crops and all the cross-mods that can utilize it, and simply increasing the start cost I feel wouldn't solve the problem in the long run.

Fousicek

Jul 29, 2019
I would definitly add it into the pack , but i play on server which uses FTB settings for players using the FTB launcher. Thats why i asked.

And OK i am just asked. i am not any good at making packs.

Still i would love it if it could stay in the pack somehow. :-D

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, a few notes about the update I just realized, which aren't very big issues and the update is already in the queue for the launcher :

• Project Zulu animals will not drop Research items yet, because I didn't sync the right files
  • The main screen will still say BETA in the background, because I forgot to update the graphic.
This update is dubbed The World Update, for note.

The next update I have decided will be called The Balancing Act Update, which I'll focus on recalculating and rebalancing the current Production Contracts, balance some of the SLIGHTLY out of wack things like magical wood TiCon tools, balancing out some of the oregen amounts due to the new ores added by mods like Project RED.

I will also try to get at least one major questline done for it as well, though I'm undecided which will be the primary line. My thoughts are ComputerCraft + OpenComputers (since adding OpenComputers, I've had a very big idea on the questline being a 'competition' between the two), Witchery, or Thaumcraft. Each one of these sets is a VERY big quest line, as each mod is fairly deep and complex.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
I would go either witchery or thaumcraft unless your gonna add books and that on with the computercraft since its confusing otherwise.

Busi

Jul 29, 2019
Have you though about setting up a Trello for idea's, Bugs, Improvements, where you can add stuff on and set them into categories

So people have a nice and easy way to come up with ideas, add bugs, and you have somewhere to manage it all and have it all listed and the players follow the progress?

This is one for a game I'm following a lot https://trello.com/b/m8udgXeV/forced-2-main-board to give you an idea what i talk about

Also makes it really really reallly hard to forget anything :)

Also edit the starting FB quest with the book to inform about enchiridion Library about most books can be accessed at any time from there
and add your own book into it too?

Last edited: