Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
They already are all OreDicted together.
Sorry, I think I misunderstood. All aluminum can be used for general aluminum things, but only the aluminum from the extractor byproducts can be used to make the alloy, and I was asking if that could be generalized. It would mean you wouldn't need the extractor before making the performance engine, but I'm not sure how big of a deal that is, compared to the extractor being needed for tungsten and generally valuable anyway for the multiplication.
I got a chest full of lapis blocks getting way more aluminum than I needed. Thankfully Extra Utilities + microblocks lets you turn them into walls or fences. :p

Unrelated feature request: I would appreciate if the details for redstone interaction were more explicit. The industrial coil, for example, doesn't mention at all that it outputs a signal based on its charge. I learned that from the wiki, and then was super frustrated and struggling, with two of them blowing up (and holy wow that's a big crater they leave!), before I realized the need for the redstone comparator properly positioned.
That example was majorly compounded by my ignorance of redstone in general, of course, but extra information is always appreciated in-game. I dislike using wikis, and for that reason really love the books you've included (and NEI, may we never go back to the bad old days before that!).

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I thought that with the change to the industrial coil charging that the standard (non-bedrock) coils could not explode -- they could not be charged enough.

Equally, given that bedrock is the "end-game" of the tech tree, why does the bedrock coil explode at all, no matter how much it is charged?

Plasmasnake

Jul 29, 2019
I thought that with the change to the industrial coil charging that the standard (non-bedrock) coils could not explode -- they could not be charged enough.

Equally, given that bedrock is the "end-game" of the tech tree, why does the bedrock coil explode at all, no matter how much it is charged?

Perhaps it would be a bit too OP if the bedrock industrial coil couldn't explode. A coil is a much more convenient storage mechanism than say an electricraft battery or even a large bank of captivators if you convert into RF. Reason being that it takes in pure RoC power and outputs the same, no intermediate steps required to get power you can use in RoC/ReC machines. Whereas other methods have you convert from a type of power to another, offering benefits such as larger storage and easier transportation. The bedrock coil can store quite a bit of pure useful energy, but its convenience is balanced by its danger.

Now that I think about it, the fact that the coil can't charge and discharge at the same time might render it plenty balanced already. Maybe making it non-combustible may not make it super-powerful.

MongrelVigor

Jul 29, 2019
That bring something to mind, would you be open to giving electric craft batteries the same output flexibility that industrial coils have with their gui?

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Perfect timing on the update. I had just gotten started with a new world, but need to remove chisel because it's giving ee3 oredict problems. Now I can remove that, update your mods, and restart my world all in one go.

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
Could you add a recipe to combine gold and silver flakes to make electrum? Or, if you want to get fancy about it, melting them together in the rock melter or blast furnace (like the cd-in-ag alloy) maybe?

Also, what do you think about an upgrade for the centrifuge to let it directly work on canola seeds without having to grind them first? Or an upgrade to the grinder to fully destroy the canola (perhaps less efficiently than the +90mb from the husks). Moving items around in Rotarycraft is significantly harder than liquids, and trying to set up a lubricant farm has me a bit bothered at this particular step. I can't bring myself to just toss the husks, since even though I don't really need the extra 90mb per husk as I can just farm more canola, it feels like giving up. :p

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Could you add a recipe to combine gold and silver flakes to make electrum? Or, if you want to get fancy about it, melting them together in the rock melter or blast furnace (like the cd-in-ag alloy) maybe?
I do not see the utility.

Also, what do you think about an upgrade for the centrifuge to let it directly work on canola seeds without having to grind them first? Or an upgrade to the grinder to fully destroy the canola (perhaps less efficiently than the +90mb from the husks). Moving items around in Rotarycraft is significantly harder than liquids, and trying to set up a lubricant farm has me a bit bothered at this particular step. I can't bring myself to just toss the husks, since even though I don't really need the extra 90mb per husk as I can just farm more canola, it feels like giving up. :p
No, this does not make sense.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
As per the definition of a half-life, every decay cycle now halves stack size.
Wait, what? Isn't a half-life the time it takes for half of any sample to decay into something else? Granted, Minecraft doesn't have a good way to simulate that, considering that the products would probably have to be their own items that would then require another inventory slot; but having half of the mass of a pile of radioactive waste just vanish periodically just seems... wrong.

I suppose the only way to handle part of an item decaying would be to have one universal "Nuclear Waste" item, with NBT data representing the amount of each different decay product present. Periodically (each second, maybe?), a fraction of each of the isotopes would be converted into other isotopes depending on the half-life of the parent isotope in question (i.e. if the half-life is one second, convert half; if it's two seconds, convert 1/sqrt(2); if it's n seconds, convert 2^(-1/n), etc.). Either that or build this functionality into the waste storage containers.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Wait, what? Isn't a half-life the time it takes for half of any sample to decay into something else? Granted, Minecraft doesn't have a good way to simulate that, considering that the products would probably have to be their own items that would then require another inventory slot; but having half of the mass of a pile of radioactive waste just vanish periodically just seems... wrong.

I suppose the only way to handle part of an item decaying would be to have one universal "Nuclear Waste" item, with NBT data representing the amount of each different decay product present. Periodically (each second, maybe?), a fraction of each of the isotopes would be converted into other isotopes depending on the half-life of the parent isotope in question (i.e. if the half-life is one second, convert half; if it's two seconds, convert 1/sqrt(2); if it's n seconds, convert 2^(-1/n), etc.). Either that or build this functionality into the waste storage containers.
You realize the only difference from the old mechanic is that that had only one item at a time, right?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
You realize the only difference from the old mechanic is that that had only one item at a time, right?
I confess; I did not. I should really get around to actually using your mods sometime...

If the old behavior was one item going poof each halflife; I agree, half of them going poof is much better.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I'm assuming that you actually check a random chance more frequently, right?

So a stack of 64 will typically have around 32 go poof, but some stacks will lose things earlier/faster/more than 32, and others will lose things later/slower/less than 32.

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
I appreciate how the RC book indicates the direction requirements for power input, can you also include the details for pipe connections as well? It'd save a bit of trial and error, and potential loss of fuel (just dropped 32 buckets into a fuel line without realizing that that direction wouldn't work, because the gas turbine it was intended for was sitting on bedrock and can't be fueled from the side).

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I appreciate how the RC book indicates the direction requirements for power input, can you also include the details for pipe connections as well? It'd save a bit of trial and error, and potential loss of fuel (just dropped 32 buckets into a fuel line without realizing that that direction wouldn't work, because the gas turbine it was intended for was sitting on bedrock and can't be fueled from the side).
The model determines the fluid connectivity rules; for the engines, only the bottom side is a "face".

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
The pipes visually indicate when their connected; but all the same it'll save a bit of guesswork for the few machines that aren't omni-sided.
Mostly yeah, though the pipes look like they connect to the top of reservoirs when as far as I could tell they can't. When I first made my jet fuel production corner, I thought that the jet fuel was super non-viscous and I had to set up pumps and stuff until by accident I connected a pipe to the side instead of the top of a tank and suddenly it properly filled.