Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
so. i got an idea for farming with roatrycraft. agricraft is getting pretty popular and there is no way to farm with agricraft's crops using rotarycraft, which makes a problem in a pack like the pack i work on, because it is focused on rotarycraft so there is pretty much no use to agricraft other than manual farming.

is there an option to add agricraft support to the current farming blocks/make one for agricraft crops (and perhaps also the ic2 ones?)?

Elwoodio

Jul 29, 2019
Could you not add the seeds as a custom seed in the agricraft config if you wanted to make it work not sure though as never really looked at it properly

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
so. i got an idea for farming with roatrycraft. agricraft is getting pretty popular and there is no way to farm with agricraft's crops using rotarycraft, which makes a problem in a pack like the pack i work on, because it is focused on rotarycraft so there is pretty much no use to agricraft other than manual farming.

is there an option to add agricraft support to the current farming blocks/make one for agricraft crops (and perhaps also the ic2 ones?)?
As stated the last several times, I need to know all about how AgC works before I can do that.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe what would help is figuring out what you need, and asking the AgCraft people how to get it provided?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah my pack I was setting up a fan farm only to realize they didn't work. I gess I will have to re-enable vanilla planting.
Tbh I would settle for one way interaction, as canola plants normally when you use Agricraft to disable normal farming. I don't need to plant canola on crops but it would be nice if we could harvest everything else.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MongrelVigor

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
I noticed a lot of overlap regarding Aluminum Ingots, if ElectriCraft is also installed:
  • There's ElectriCraft Aluminum Ore in the world, which smelts into Aluminum Ingot (ElectriCraft)
  • Or you can grind that into Aluminum Dust, and cook it into Aluminum Ingot (RotaryCraft)
  • And there's the Aluminum Powder by-product of the Extractor, which cooks into Aluminum Ingot (RotaryCraft)
The confusion arises since all three of these ingots are different, including both types of RotaryCraft Aluminum Ingot. In particular, the Extractor by-product can be used to make Aluminum Alloy in the Blast Furnace, but the other two types cannot be used. Which is fair enough - I understand the need for progression-gating here - but:
  1. The overlapping names are highly non-intuitive, particularly having two different kinds of Aluminum Ingot with the same name from the same mod. Caused me a lot of head-scratching when trying to make Aluminum Alloy Cylinders for a Performance Engine until I worked out what was going on.
  2. This one isn't really a RotaryCraft issue, but I can put a single Extractor by-product ingot (harder to get) into a Storage Drawer, then add a stack of ElectriCraft ingots (easier to get), and I get 65 of the harder-to-get ingots. Probably not intended behaviour...
How about a rename for the by-product version to something like "High-Grade Aluminum Ingot"? This would at once remove any confusion when crafting and presumably also prevent item merging via Storage Drawers (possibly Jabba too?)

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I have big plans for this next world hence the custom map (Eldaria). Since I cant get pylons to generate there, I suppose I wont be using Chromaticraft this time. Too bad because linking them over the vast eldaria landmasses played right into my plans of doing the same with roads, rails and powerlines.
http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/eldaria-island---custom-terrain-mc-10---end-portal/

Yeah, there's no way to do that the way you want... BUT there are ways to do it with a bit of prep work if you're willing to use creative, MCEdit, and some other admin/map-creator tools/techniques. The creative-only pylon spawner is implemented isn't it? Depending on how specific the progression checks are, you could use CoG to retroactively generate ALL the CrC ores pretty easily, and the plants with some degree of success. You would be unable to get the Rainbow Forest without using a dimensional mod (RFTools or Mystcraft). Barrows and ocean temples would be a bit of an issue.

You could also grab the seed off the custom map, and do some MCEdit jiggery-pokery with JUST CrC and Dragon-API (well, and your pregeneration tool of choice) installed. Generate the world and chromaticraft stuff, then remove all non-CrC blocks, and then paste that over Eldaria, removing anything that is in the open water (I don't think MCE has the ability to NOT replace water).

Note: I have never done this, so I am unaware of its efficacy.

Reactions: epidemia78

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the advice but it sounds like an awful lot of work so I think I would rather wait for Reika to fix the retrogen feature. (Sorry for continually bringing up chromaticraft in the rotarycraft thread, Reika.)

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Thanks for the advice but it sounds like an awful lot of work so I think I would rather wait for Reika to fix the retrogen feature. (Sorry for continually bringing up chromaticraft in the rotarycraft thread, Reika.)
That could be quite some time; I implemented retrogen like CoFH and TC and all I got was...well, you saw.

I noticed a lot of overlap regarding Aluminum Ingots, if ElectriCraft is also installed:
  • There's ElectriCraft Aluminum Ore in the world, which smelts into Aluminum Ingot (ElectriCraft)
  • Or you can grind that into Aluminum Dust, and cook it into Aluminum Ingot (RotaryCraft)
  • And there's the Aluminum Powder by-product of the Extractor, which cooks into Aluminum Ingot (RotaryCraft)
The confusion arises since all three of these ingots are different, including both types of RotaryCraft Aluminum Ingot. In particular, the Extractor by-product can be used to make Aluminum Alloy in the Blast Furnace, but the other two types cannot be used. Which is fair enough - I understand the need for progression-gating here - but:
  1. The overlapping names are highly non-intuitive, particularly having two different kinds of Aluminum Ingot with the same name from the same mod. Caused me a lot of head-scratching when trying to make Aluminum Alloy Cylinders for a Performance Engine until I worked out what was going on.
  2. This one isn't really a RotaryCraft issue, but I can put a single Extractor by-product ingot (harder to get) into a Storage Drawer, then add a stack of ElectriCraft ingots (easier to get), and I get 65 of the harder-to-get ingots. Probably not intended behaviour...
How about a rename for the by-product version to something like "High-Grade Aluminum Ingot"? This would at once remove any confusion when crafting and presumably also prevent item merging via Storage Drawers (possibly Jabba too?)
This is because the Extractor variant was added first, very early on, before the first release. The second RC variant was added automatically when I adding the mod ore handling to the Extractor in 1.5.2. ElectriCraft, being its own mod, has a third variant.

At this point, I am reticent to change it because it would affect existing worlds.

Also, the raw aluminum, even the Extractor variant, is not really progression gated. The alloy is.

MongrelVigor

Jul 29, 2019
I couldn't comment on that, but, I did some experiments, it's very interesting how it works. Forestry fertilizer, rotarycraft compost and bonemeal are all viable, and you can shift right click them into place. This is not the case with IC2 fertilizer or MFR's industrial fertilizer. The interesting thing is either of those last two loaded in will not work, unless they are in the presence of one of the viable three types of fertilizer, then they work .

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I couldn't comment on that, but, I did some experiments, it's very interesting how it works. Forestry fertilizer, rotarycraft compost and bonemeal are all viable, and you can shift right click them into place. This is not the case with IC2 fertilizer or MFR's industrial fertilizer. The interesting thing is either of those last two loaded in will not work, unless they are in the presence of one of the viable three types of fertilizer, then they work .
You can check if items are in the Ore Dictionary.

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
This is because the Extractor variant was added first, very early on, before the first release. The second RC variant was added automatically when I adding the mod ore handling to the Extractor in 1.5.2. ElectriCraft, being its own mod, has a third variant.

At this point, I am reticent to change it because it would affect existing worlds.

Also, the raw aluminum, even the Extractor variant, is not really progression gated. The alloy is.
Does this mean it could possibly be acceptable to ore dictionary the aluminum together, if the alloy made with silicon is the important gate?