Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
I am not against adding more uses for material intermediaries, but replacing existing ones is usually not a good way to do it.

As for bedrock, making it a gem-dust composite makes little sense from a materials engineering standpoint.
That was just an example. Just think about the concept of using those items.

kefkakrazy

Jul 29, 2019
As I said, I am not against the idea, but I have no ideas on their utility, and giving them uses is a low-priority item which then falls behind major things like bug fixing or CC content.

Hmm, isn't gem dust used in improved drills in real life?

I wonder, without much of a background in materials science, if there'd be a way to... to temporarily coat the drill bit of the extractor, perhaps? Perhaps one could Grind gems, such as diamonds or the preceding Compactor results, to produce a consumable that offers a scaling increase to the Extractor's secondary output odds or something of that effect? Hmm, that's a bit off, since the secondary output is created at the solution stage, so that wouldn't make sense without something hacky like having the diamond-dust drill produce "improved" dust.

Or perhaps the Boring Machine could use it as well to speed its operation or to temporarily soften the torque requirements to drill through hard blocks?

Also, I just got back into MC after taking a long chunk of time off after a world crash, and I just noticed that you did add the Dirt->Clay centrifuge recipe. That's awesome!

Last edited:

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
If you'd be so kind Reika, I've wanted this for awhile (I've done this on my own, however this would make it significantly easier) but could you have a page on your site that lists the exact versions of mods that your mods have compat for? I feel this would also be beneficial to you as it would lower the logs about things not working because they used the wrong version of another mod.

MongrelVigor

Jul 29, 2019
The sonic borer ( very cool ) seems to have strange inconsistencies. Are there other things that may keep it from firing aside from torque deficiency?

MongrelVigor

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, a lot to keep in mind, experiment with...I've been planning to strap a few sonic borers to the front of a big Archimedes Ships Plus mod ship, and blast my way through any obstacles, creating and populating a series of underwater villages as i go. I suppose if I find pressure changing too much I'll have to think of something else :)

MongrelVigor

Jul 29, 2019
If staying within the overworld and at the same height would the ambient pressure remain constant? Do biome changes, time of day or rain affect it? Also is there a way a player can measure ambient pressure?

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I was able to add Reika's mods to an existing personal modpack with only one crash, fixed by updating AOBD. So thats a relief and a big improvement from past experience. But mipmaps still gets disabled somehow.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Oh...can I do something about that?
When this was first reported some months ago, someone found a temporary fix along the lines of resizing that 1x1 image to be larger, such as 16x16. As long as the aspect ratio is kept, everything should still work. I do not remember what image it was, though. Something in CC's animated textures folder, probably.

Honestly, though, this is a bug on FastCraft's end.

Reactions: epidemia78

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I found two textures with 1x dimensions named basicfade and basicfade_f. Hopefully these are the right ones. Will report back.