Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
I get the feeling that 100K is quite large...

It is indeed fairly large, but needed to be for the 20% loss to be an appreciable amount of power at lower numbers.

Alternatively, you could change the power loss so you add a minimum number onto the percentage. Something like charge = (charge - 10000) * 0.8 ( Obviously need to add something in somewhere to stop it going below 0. ) This method would take a little more thought, but should be pretty much as effective.

In a little bit, I will load my test world and see what exact numbers I get off of various power schemes for the Toroids. As I said, my thought was somewhere around 65 KW per toroid would be a nice number. For a standard reactor, that would be just over 2 MW, bringing the magnet systems to a bit over 10 MW. This is a lot lower than a current real world tokamak, but then again we haven't improved our designs enough yet for a true power plant. ( ITER should be pretty close though, and its magnet systems will be somewhere around 124 MW during operation. )

EDIT: It's definitely looking like 100k is more than I intended. 65KW per toroid is getting me 40,000-50,000. Need to look over the code again and see if I can find where I'm off.

In the meantime Reika, is there a specific power requirement you might have in mind? 2KW for the entire Toroid system is really low after all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Padfoote

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
I noticed that I can put Liquid Ender Essence (from Chromaticraft) into a Reservoir with a bucket, but unlike other liquids, I can't remove it again (right-clicking with a bucket just opens the reservoir's GUI). I also tried using a Bucket Filler to empty the reservoir, but that didn't work either, even though the filler status as shown by WAILA was "Operational".

Is that intentional?

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
Is Liquid Nitrogen interchangable with either Gelid Cyotheum from TE or Crushed Ice from Forestry? Like can I use any of these liquids in for example the Magnetostatic Engine?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Is Liquid Nitrogen interchangable with either Gelid Cyotheum from TE or Crushed Ice from Forestry? Like can I use any of these liquids in for example the Magnetostatic Engine?

I don't think they'd work in a magnetostatic, but I believe you can use gelid cryotheum to fill superconductors from ElectriCraft, instead of liquid nitrogen, using a TE liquid transposer.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I noticed that I can put Liquid Ender Essence (from Chromaticraft) into a Reservoir with a bucket, but unlike other liquids, I can't remove it again (right-clicking with a bucket just opens the reservoir's GUI). I also tried using a Bucket Filler to empty the reservoir, but that didn't work either, even though the filler status as shown by WAILA was "Operational".

Is that intentional?
Something is wrong with the fluid container registration...

No.

Aetherpirate

Jul 29, 2019
I have an an item vacuum powered by a gas engine as part of an automated farm setup. The item vacuum is sucking the ethanol out the gas engine (from the slot on the left, where you can have a stack in a buffer, in the engine's GUI). The engine is being fed via a TE itemduct. It is this behavior intentional?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I have an an item vacuum powered by a gas engine as part of an automated farm setup. The item vacuum is sucking the ethanol out the gas engine (from the slot on the left, where you can have a stack in a buffer, in the engine's GUI). The engine is being fed via a TE itemduct. It is this behavior intentional?
Item Vacuums will pull items from adjacent inventories. It should only allow for pulling out of slots that allow it.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
Do fuel lines have a pressure limit now? The fuel line block above this fractionation unit keeps exploding after reaching about 100 buckets. I'm sure they used to be able to max out at the ~240 buckets per block the fractionation unit could stuff into them and still be fine.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
"Now" being since v2, or even earlier.
V3
RotaryCraft: All pipe types now have pressure mechanics
Hmm, okay then. The last time I recall using fuel lines instead of some other mod's pipe may well have been in v2, back when Chromaticraft functionally only added pretty worldgen and not much else.

It might be a good idea to update the handbook to not state that fuel lines, and I think some of the other pipes as well, have an infinite capacity.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Hmm, okay then. The last time I recall using fuel lines instead of some other mod's pipe may well have been in v2, back when Chromaticraft functionally only added pretty worldgen and not much else.

It might be a good idea to update the handbook to not state that fuel lines, and I think some of the other pipes as well, have an infinite capacity.
Done.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Got an issue with a solar tower...it ain't working. The bottom block of the tower isn't shunting water to any of the tower blocks above it. I can get water into them by piping it directly, but even then, it consumes water, but doesn't generate any power. Here's what my setup looks like:

I know the pics are at night, but even at high noon, I'm getting nothing out of them.
[Running v9a.]

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
No. Tried with a Pressure Pipes water system hooked up to super-laminar fluiducts and still naught. Water never goes above the bottom tower block, and power is never generated, even if I force the issue. Tried breaking and replacing the entire system, minus the superconductors, still nothing.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
No. Tried with a Pressure Pipes water system hooked up to super-laminar fluiducts and still naught. Water never goes above the bottom tower block, and power is never generated, even if I force the issue. Tried breaking and replacing the entire system, minus the superconductors, still nothing.
Water is conducted downwards, not upwards. That is not an error.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Not really a bug report, but just a nitpick. With the NetherOres mod, Nether ores are worth double normal ores. You can smelt them into two normal ores, pulverizes will give you four dust instead of two, etc The grinder however, gives the same three flakes as a normal ore, instead of the expected six. Intended, or oversight? (Or not your problem?)

EDIT: Looks like the rate is boosted in the Extractor, so it's probably intended then. No worries.

Last edited:

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
Something is wrong with the fluid container registration...
OK, my fault for not testing with the latest release. Extracting Liquid Ender Essence from reservoirs with a bucket works fine with V9b; I was testing with V8g when I hit the problem.