Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Ive seen so many automated setups that worked quite fine on the mym server. On lets plays and streams as well. There are quite some options. Modularsystems even adds an AE-like central storage with crafting (thoo it has some flaws but those have allready been given forward to the developer).

I myself relied on sorting chests+barrels and XU pipes with filters most of the time (esp. when handling minechem stuff). Raetac used the RR tubes fine (and also the sorting chests+barrels for minechem)... pndragon65 just mentioned he used the extensions from RR.

At T2 you can use the eio pipes.

Ive seen so many differents approaches both on T1 and T2 for automation that worked out well i really cant get your struggle at it.

If you really want it, xu + jabba is all you need for automation and storage needs, thoo RR has some benefits here, esp. with sorting barrels (No XU node that needs a ton of upgrades to scan all its barrels)

edit: are we talking about refined relocation or router reborn? I mean the first one ... oh and yeah, router reborn would be another storage solution :D

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
The people I play with most of the time didn't quit the pack because of RR. They quit because once they reached the stargate quest line, it became the next best thing to impossible to find the resources to complete the first quest in that line.

As for AE2, you cannot honestly compare it to RR because they don't do the same things in the same way.

As I already had a similar disagreement yesterday on the MyM forums about the efficacy of AE2, I am done with this subject for about the same reasons.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
The people I play with most of the time didn't quit the pack because of RR. They quit because once they reached the stargate quest line, it became the next best thing to impossible to find the resources to complete the first quest in that line.

That will be taken care off, as soon as the weekend is here :)

GlitchMonkey

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, talking about Refined Relocation. I see all the other options in the pack but that is the confusion. It has a few different ones but the quest point to Refined Relocation, so use that. :D

I also did a little convincing of myself to use Refined Relocation because it looks good. We have systems that we now use at work that when we looked at them looked great. However after getting into using them that is the when the pain points really showed up. Things we wanted to do with it, though it said it could be done, take monumental effort to make work. Sure, it does it but the time invested is stupid.

Fortunately with MC we have options to use other mods that don't quite meet the needs.

@pndragon65 Correct, not arguing AE2, its not the subject. Note: I am talking to both you and Caithleen so some things will mix. :D

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Well the easiest RR+Barrelsystem is just putting a sorting chest next to sorting barrels, put in all your stuff in the chest (minechem) and preprogramm the barrels. Every now and then (mainly a not allready programmed barrel or chunk load issues) the sorting chest will get stuck, that when i just use the sort button until its empty. (It wont update its target list when you program the barrel and the item is allready in the chest, only new stacks in the chests are). Raetac even rebuild the periodic table of elements with barrels - great idea xD

Thoo i see this as a minor issue. All in all, it served its purpose for storage @T1 quite well. I used XU pipes then on the most important barrels for automation, thoo my cobble decompose setup is worse than an ex nihilo obsidian one. (Lava via XU pipie to stone barrel->obsidian via XU pipe to decomp->SIO2 via XU pipe to synth->gravel via XU pipe to sieves) .

For hammering down ex nihilo ore stuff you can simply use xu pipes with filters to crafter to hammerer to crafter to hammerer to storage/furny+storage. RR pipes work as well. Havent used the extensions, perhaps pndragon can elaborate on them.

The only thing i didnt automate at T1 myself was the treefarm. But raetac made it quite good in his streams. Well my treefarm was hit by a meteor so yeah... goodbye extra carbon but i went on fine without it :D

edit: Why the Quests point at RR -> in combination with barrels its just a super easy minechem storage (as pointed out above) esp. with the buffed barrels size. You dont want to store Hydogen in something else (well the SMT alternative to the DSUs maybe later ...)

Last edited:

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
The block extenders were developed primarily to wrap an RR system around corners. But this capability can be adapted to use them to transport items between RR subsystems and inventories. This allows the construction of large systems. Otherwise, just use xu pipes with xu item filters. this is fairly fast, fairly cheap---sticks and string for the filters---and highly configurable since the filters can be nested.
edit: In this pack eio item conduits are a PITA if only because of a need to use a slice 'n' splice to make the filters

Last edited:

jacuza

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't have that much problem finding the Venus Crystal Ore. I went for a mining trip couple times and found them really low, so I went and set up a quarry about 10x10 chunks wide, at y 15 ish. Took the quarry a while to finish but I got about 20+ stacks of them

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
I set my ender quarry at y=64 and set my fences on the chunk borders for a full chunk (16x16). It took forever and I got nothing except for a barrel of venus cobble and a dozen rubies. I did learn by the process however that the quarry presents an excellent way to terraform large areas, given enough time and power.

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
And speaking of power, there is no way for me to recommend advanced generators enough. Once you have automated syngas production from a tree farm, it is nearly impossible to use up all the power produced. It makes bigreactors look like a kid's toy. It made me wish draconic evolution was in the pack just so I would be able to brag about filling up one of its tier 7 energy cores all the way up (2.14 trillion rf). Not to mention the fact that the cores themselves just look awesome.

Reactions: Caithleen

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Hehe i really thought about bringing DE in just for the energy storage, but that would have been a mess just for that single thingy.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
A friend playing on my server tell me about fallen meteors on the moon.

One shot his base and destroy the roof, the others hit his tree farm and destroy everything.

Something to protect you from meteors showers or we must build an underground base ?

It's strange that meteors seems to fall very often on server as on my single player world no one shoot my base.

He show me his star harvester and apparently the brown dwarf inside seem to are depleted but she continue to provide power and no explosion (are this disabled in this pack ?).

I've cobble gen wit XU pipes but I'm hearing @Caithleen that make an automated obsidian production with his XU pipes and it interest me.

jacuza

Jul 29, 2019
I set my ender quarry at y=64 and set my fences on the chunk borders for a full chunk (16x16). It took forever and I got nothing except for a barrel of venus cobble and a dozen rubies. I did learn by the process however that the quarry presents an excellent way to terraform large areas, given enough time and power.

10x10 chunks is 160x160 blocks and since i set up mine lower, it go faster since it has less block to mine/scan

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
A friend playing on my server tell me about fallen meteors on the moon.

One shot his base and destroy the roof, the others hit his tree farm and destroy everything.

Something to protect you from meteors showers or we must build an underground base ?

It's strange that meteors seems to fall very often on server as on my single player world no one shoot my base.

He show me his star harvester and apparently the brown dwarf inside seem to are depleted but she continue to provide power and no explosion (are this disabled in this pack ?).

I've cobble gen wit XU pipes but I'm hearing @Caithleen that make an automated obsidian production with his XU pipes and it interest me.

Life is harsh, make blast shields.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Currently tweaking the stargate costs. Everyone who got that far - what is/was the bottleneck for you?

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Sneak peak :

8lhXDzD.png

BAiIySM.png

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
This has been taken care off ;)

See the sneak peak. Enough power and elements will help you thourgh that struggle ;)

(hoarding ender pearls might be a good idea but tin and some lower elements will do too...)

Status
Not open for further replies.