MineTweaker/ModTweaker - A help and suggestions thread.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
A suggestion, remove the ban on using Reika's mods in recipes, my specific issue being unable to add smeltery melting recipes for flakes but unable because modtweaker bans it. Although using them as part of the input for another item was never something they had an issue with to my knowledge so maybe it's a bug or being overzealous? Whatever, I just want my smeltery smelting my flakes.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
A suggestion, remove the ban on using Reika's mods in recipes, my specific issue being unable to add smeltery melting recipes for flakes but unable because modtweaker bans it. Although using them as part of the input for another item was never something they had an issue with to my knowledge so maybe it's a bug or being overzealous? Whatever, I just want my smeltery smelting my flakes.
You can tweak Reika's recipes, but you have to tell him and he has to approve and write it down.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
You can tweak Reika's recipes, but you have to tell him and he has to approve and write it down.
Partially correct, before v7 you could make no changes, although using their items in other recipes was always allowed so long as you didn't modify their recipes so I'm pretty sure a change like I mentioned was never banned. In addition as of v7 you can make changes, however you only need to check significant changes so minor changes such as I mentioned can be made without asking for permission. That's all separate from the fact I was only having it for personal use so anything was allowed without checking as that's impossible to check so irrelevant here.

So yeah, something like adding iron flakes to the smeltery is allowed without permission and pretty sure it always was.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Partially correct, before v7 you could make no changes, although using their items in other recipes was always allowed so long as you didn't modify their recipes so I'm pretty sure a change like I mentioned was never banned. In addition as of v7 you can make changes, however you only need to check significant changes so minor changes such as I mentioned can be made without asking for permission. That's all separate from the fact I was only having it for personal use so anything was allowed without checking as that's impossible to check so irrelevant here.

So yeah, something like adding iron flakes to the smeltery is allowed without permission and pretty sure it always was.
I'm not too sure on how stuff like TiCon does the smelting (exactly), and I am also not too sure how much you can do with Reikas mods inside mod/minetweaker.
You could add the flakes to the oredict, so if they are worth that of an iron nugget (9 make 1 ingot) add it to the iron nugget ore dict. I believe this will allow it to be used in a smeltery, but you can't remove the "reika ban" as that is part of mine/modtweaker's code

artubi

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to "break" tooltip text into multiple rows? I've added tooltips to several items but text is too long. So long that it goes "out of display".
Also, can you reload scripts in menu? Or not all of them but some? Because reloading game to find out that MT won't list all issues but one all the time is kinda annoying.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to "break" tooltip text into multiple rows? I've added tooltips to several items but text is too long. So long that it goes "out of display".
Also, can you reload scripts in menu? Or not all of them but some? Because reloading game to find out that MT won't list all issues but one all the time is kinda annoying.
Have you tried adding 2 tooltips, e.g:
<minecraft:stick>.addTooltip("Tooltip on line 1");
<minecraft:stick>.addTooltip("Tooltip on line 2");

Reactions: artubi

artubi

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried adding 2 tooltips, e.g:
<minecraft:stick>.addTooltip("Tooltip on line 1");
<minecraft:stick>.addTooltip("Tooltip on line 2");

Silly me for not thinking about this.

Also, I have tiny issue with this script I wrote:
<minecraft:stick>.addTooltip("Hold " + format.bold(format.yellow("SHIFT")) + " for recipe");
The issue is, it should be like this:
Hold SHIFT for recipe
However, it does this:
Hold SHIFT for recipe
Please, could you help me?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Silly me for not thinking about this.

Also, I have tiny issue with this script I wrote:
<minecraft:stick>.addTooltip("Hold " + format.bold(format.yellow("SHIFT")) + " for recipe");
The issue is, it should be like this:
Hold SHIFT for recipe
However, it does this:
Hold SHIFT for recipe
Please, could you help me?
<minecraft:stick>.addShiftTooltip("Hold " + format.yellow(format.bold("SHIFT")) + " for recipe");

Try that? I've also put in the code so that it is a "hold shift" tooltip :)

artubi

Jul 29, 2019
<minecraft:stick>.addShiftTooltip("Hold " + format.yellow(format.bold("SHIFT")) + " for recipe");

Try that? I've also put in the code so that it is a "hold shift" tooltip :)

Well, it kinda worked. Before the "SHIFT for recipe" was only yellow, now it was bold, and yellow. Funny thing is, that the example on MT wiki actually works (first half is green with text styles and second is white). I did checked if the brackets are matching and they are. And its literally made the same way as the example. Well, I think I'll leave without any stylization whether its color or text style.

I would like to thank you, even though it didn't quite work, I appreciate your help.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
OK, I heard that people can so weird stuff with TiCon materials and modifiers. Is this true and how do I do it?

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
IDK that's why I'm asking.
If they mean custom materials, JSONables.
If they mean custom modifiers, Tinkers' Modifiers.
If they mean putting certain tool parts of certain materials together in a tool forge at a certain location at a certain time facing a certain direction will summon the almighty powers of the Illuminati, I have no idea

cladiniron

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!

How do I change this mods.thermalexpansion.Smelter.removeRecipe(<IndustrialCraft 2:Refined Iron Ingot>); so that I wont get a bunch of syntax errors and exceptions? It's the induction smeltry recipe for refined iron in thermal expansion for industrial craft 2. Thank you!

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure that is the right ID? I don't think item IDs use spaces, normally.

Also, what version of modtweaker are you using?

cladiniron

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm I wasn't aware I needed an addon. Mybad. I tried installing the latest modtweaker for my server, and the server refused to boot. Was there anything else to it than dropping the jar in the mods folder?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
How do I change this mods.thermalexpansion.Smelter.removeRecipe(<IndustrialCraft 2:Refined Iron Ingot>); so that I wont get a bunch of syntax errors and exceptions? It's the induction smeltry recipe for refined iron in thermal expansion for industrial craft 2. Thank you!
So two big issues you've got, the first is that your id is totally wrong, easiest way to find them out is use /mt hand while you're holding the item ingame, refined iron is actually <IC2:itemIngot:3>. Second and more importantly to remove recipes from the induction smelter requires telling it the pair of inputs you want to remove, you can't remove by output, so something like mods.thermalexpansion.Smelter.removeRecipe(<ore:dustCharcoal>, <ore:dustIron>); should work, I've got 11 recipes for refined iron in the induction smelter in my pack so I'd need 11 lines to remove them all for example.

Reactions: jordsta95