[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

Brock_145

Jul 29, 2019
Is the least expensive way of producing galgador through using the pressure chamber? or manually crafting a lump of galgador and smashing it on the blacksmith anvil?

Shiro4

Jul 29, 2019
Is the least expensive way of producing galgador through using the pressure chamber? or manually crafting a lump of galgador and smashing it on the blacksmith anvil?
I won't explore the myriad ways you could craft/obtain these items (I was considering mentioning the different ways you could craft books as well as villager trading, but thought this was complicated enough already). In general I would suggest the second recipe over the first once you have the necessary machines as it is slightly cheaper in some areas, so try multiplying those numbers by 48 and rounding up.

Basically it is advisable to use the pressure chamber recipe if possible since, in particular, only one ingot of brass is required per galgadorian as opposed to one block of brass per galgadorian. It is a lot more complicated though, so automation will be more difficult, and there are also some minor additional costs such as pressure consumed and the blood requirement (that all sounded a bit dark there...)

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
YOU CAN DO THIS???

Well PCBs just got a lot easier using the anvil instead of the pressure chamber.

You've been doing it the hard way? Ouch. Use a blacksmith's anvil from mariculture. A blacksmith's assistant will consume .4 buckets of xp (one level is equal to .34, for levels 1-16). If you do it by hand, no xp will be consumed, but you will burn a lot of time standing around clicking. If the blacksmith's assistant is too slow, you can use up to 4 of them on the same anvil, it won't consume any extra xp or total hammer durability.

Even Johan Jenssen

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone help me with this Java error I get whenever I try to launch my Blast Off server?
upload_2015-8-4_21-13-26.png

Seanbeag

Jul 29, 2019
Am I missing some easy way to get a bed and set your spawn? Silk worms are disabled so the only way to get wool seems to be by killing spiders for string. It's pretty annoying because if you die you respawn outside the base for some reason.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Am I missing some easy way to get a bed and set your spawn? Silk worms are disabled so the only way to get wool seems to be by killing spiders for string. It's pretty annoying because if you die you respawn outside the base for some reason.
No that is right.
You can try exploring the randomly generated dungeons though.

Sicon3

Jul 29, 2019
Can somebody please direct me to the server download for version 1.33 the FTB page only downloads the server for version 1.28 and I cannot find a mirror

Lornuir

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys. I'm down with the blast off questline and i'm stuck at the fuel quest: how am i supposed to get the buildcraft refinery since it's not craftable? Is it a reward from dungeons/bomb shelters? Anyway, congrats for the pack, i'm a big Ksp fan and this modpack is making my days! :)

Zyin

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys. I'm down with the blast off questline and i'm stuck at the fuel quest: how am i supposed to get the buildcraft refinery since it's not craftable? Is it a reward from dungeons/bomb shelters? Anyway, congrats for the pack, i'm a big Ksp fan and this modpack is making my days! :)
The BuildCraft Refinery is not obtainable. You need to cheat one in order to complete the quest or use the OP quest book "/hqm edit".

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone help me with this Java error I get whenever I try to launch my Blast Off server?*pic*

The path to your Minecraft server files contains special characters (!!!). This has a tendency to break a lot of things.
I suggest you move your installation to something simple like c:\FTB

Red-Theft-Planet

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having an issue, I want to play Blast off and use the Yogscast map on the newest version and everything works but when i try to use the spatial io port it doesn't work, i mean i put the sapling storage in and press the button and the room goes dark and that's it. The room is still empty and nothing is there, so what can I do?

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Should you not, at least, spawn back at your base as opposed to in the middle of the wasteland?
You can use MCEdit to move your whole base to spawn I guess?

I'm having an issue, I want to play Blast off and use the Yogscast map on the newest version and everything works but when i try to use the spatial io port it doesn't work, i mean i put the sapling storage in and press the button and the room goes dark and that's it. The room is still empty and nothing is there, so what can I do?
Yeah for some reason people have been mentioning this issue, you can look at what the Yogscast got and spawn it in I guess.

Shiro4

Jul 29, 2019
The BuildCraft Refinery is not obtainable. You need to cheat one in order to complete the quest or use the OP quest book "/hqm edit".
Actually, you CAN find the refineries in the "bunkers" you sometimes find (the structures with tyrian and elevators) although they appear only very rarely. I went to a lot of bunkers (about 40, I guess?) just to find one for that quest in my world, just to give you an idea. Strangely, you will need to use the refinery in the subsequent quest to actually get usable fuel rather than this one.

Shiro4

Jul 29, 2019
Should you not, at least, spawn back at your base as opposed to in the middle of the wasteland?

To be fair, these are only really issues near the start of the game. In a fairly early quest, you will get access to items from the sync mod which will allow you to generate a clone within your base and spawn back within it if you die (this is actually a little bit buggy - some report odd things like their temperature not changing after they respawn. Closing and reloading your game will fix this).

If you are finding the game a bit too hard at the beginning, please remember that this mod pack is designed to be difficult, so it may be a good idea to play more defensively and not explore far from your base or in dungeons at the start of the game. In particular there are special mobs with unique abilities that can catch you off guard until you understand their mechanics and behaviour. Why not spend a little time working on some basic tools and armour, or maybe starting building on your base (a wall is really handy if you want to go outside at night, by the way)?

Red-Theft-Planet

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah for some reason people have been mentioning this issue, you can look at what the Yogscast got and spawn it in I guess.

But that means I need to spawn every storage thing there is and that will be annoying. I just need to know how to fix the spatial io port. But thanks anyway! :D

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
To be fair, these are only really issues near the start of the game. In a fairly early quest, you will get access to items from the sync mod which will allow you to generate a clone within your base and spawn back within it if you die (this is actually a little bit buggy - some report odd things like their temperature not changing after they respawn. Closing and reloading your game will fix this).

If you are finding the game a bit too hard at the beginning, please remember that this mod pack is designed to be difficult, so it may be a good idea to play more defensively and not explore far from your base or in dungeons at the start of the game. In particular there are special mobs with unique abilities that can catch you off guard until you understand their mechanics and behaviour. Why not spend a little time working on some basic tools and armour, or maybe starting building on your base (a wall is really handy if you want to go outside at night, by the way)?
This is true.

But that means I need to spawn every storage thing there is and that will be annoying. I just need to know how to fix the spatial io port. But thanks anyway! :D
There is only like three of them, it won't be too annoying.
It is not an issue with the ports, it is likely an issue with the map being too old.

Green_Razor

Jul 29, 2019
I am having an issue. When I receive the myfit from the quest, I right click on the ground to bind it to me and then I press ; to open up the myfit menu, but when I click on the myfit to move it to the slot, it drops out of my inventory as if I had pressed q on it.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
I am having an issue. When I receive the myfit from the quest, I right click on the ground to bind it to me and then I press ; to open up the myfit menu, but when I click on the myfit to move it to the slot, it drops out of my inventory as if I had pressed q on it.
Restart your client.

How do you get ancient sand to do the bottle of natural gas quest?