[1.7.10] Equivalent Energistics - Autocrafting with EMC!

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
Do multiple EMC Assembler speed up crafting?
I have like 20, but I feel like it doesn't help at all.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
so is that a yes ?

BTW why not use EE3 tome of knowledge texture for the Project E tome that your mod adds it ?
If your AE autocrafting system can do parallel crafting, then yes, multiple assemblers should stack.

As far as the EE3 texture, I would want to obtain Pahimars permission, and did not have time for that.

Reactions: lolmer

utoc

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to include this mod in BBQSauce for the 1.0 update, I haven't seen any explicit permission Mordenkainen, could you make a statement or otherwise give me a yeehaw? I've really enjoyed tinkering with this in my test world, I look forward to your 0.3 update!

EDIT: Got your requests covered. I am running OpenEye in BBQSauce and you're linked in my Modlist wiki post: https://www.reddit.com/r/BBQSauce/wiki/edit/modlist

Last edited:
Reactions: Mordenkainen

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to include this mod in BBQSauce for the 1.0 update, I haven't seen any explicit permission Mordenkainen, could you make a statement or otherwise give me a yeehaw? I've really enjoyed tinkering with this in my test world, I look forward to your 0.3 update!
I give permission for anyone to include this mod in any non-pay modpack. This mod may also be distributed via any non-pay launcher. If your pack is distributed via the Curse Launcher permission is implied since the project is published on Curse.

If possible I ask pack makers to:
1. Provide a link to this forum thread or the curse project page for the mod in their readme.
2. Include the OpenEye mod in your packs.

I understand that these requests may not be possible in all cases, but suggest that modpack makers take a serious look at including OpenEye. It has the potential to help developers improve their mods, and with the right configs can do the same for pack makers.

EDIT: As far as the 0.3 update, I have a handfull of enhancements and a single bug fix identified for it. I have not been able to look at them as much of my time has been going into Technomancy, a mod I am helping to maintain for another dev having some computer issues. All that said though, I expect 0.3 to be ready within a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
I am curious what would happen if you ran a modpack with both ee3 and projecte and this mod. I know it says not to I am just curious what would happen.

6210classick

Jul 29, 2019
I am curious what would happen if you ran a modpack with both ee3 and projecte and this mod. I know it says not to I am just curious what would happen.

there should be an option in the config file to either enable or disable EE3 and projectE integration , however i don't think it's possible to run both since both Project E & EE3 deals with EMC so there's bound to be some kind of crash or conflicting EMC values

just stick with one the other

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing bad will happen. The mod should default to EE3 support in this case. If you enable Project E support EE3 support will be disabled.

Honestly I dont reccomend having both, as there are some EMC value differences that can be abused.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Well when I load it all up there isn't any crash. It appears one is called EMC (projecte) and right below that it says exchange energy. As for the emc differences that can be configured to be the same. I was just wondering since each block for each mod type has a different crafting recipie if the blocks are actually different or if they overlap. I might just test it in a creative world and see how it explodes :) In the name of science!

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
It looks like if you have ee3 installed and its enabled in the config it dominates and is the one the mod uses. Thats not a problem :) Though if at all possible it could be separated into two blocks and allow people on a server to use either ee3 or projecte with their AE system that would be great :) Well awesome mod thanks.

6210classick

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like if you have ee3 installed and its enabled in the config it dominates and is the one the mod uses. Thats not a problem :) Though if at all possible it could be separated into two blocks and allow people on a server to use either ee3 or projecte with their AE system that would be great :) Well awesome mod thanks.

if you have both EE3 & Project E on a server then its safe to assume that the majority will go towards Project E , the more experienced players might swing to EE3 since its more balanced

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
I have all the condensers and relays disabled. It's fairly even right now
There will never be support for both simultainiously. The only reason to do this would be to play games with the emc values between the two mods. "Hey item x is cheaper in project e, and item y is cheaper in EE3." If this is the case then you are opening your server up for abuse.

EDIT: To clarify: If a player finds any item that has different EMC values between the two mods, then this can be exploited to create infinte EMC for both mods if autocrafting for both mods is enabled. The only way to prevent this from my side is to only enable autocrafting for one or the other at a time.

An example with totally made up numbers is:
ProjectE gold ingot EMC = 128
EE3 gold ingot EMC = 120
I convert gold ingots to EMC using the ProjectE EMC Condenser, then autocraft that EMC back to gold ingots using an EE3 EMC assembler. Each pass gains me 8 EMC, and I can set up a dedicated system to do this quite easily. Even a 1 EMC difference can be exploited in this way.

Last edited:

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Oh I hear what you are saying. My plan was to try and go through the projecte config and make it have the same values as the default ee3 config. That way there are no exploits out of the box. I understand though that you cant expect really anyone to put that much work into it when it basically flawed at its core. As it is I like it anyways. This way even if projecte is slightly favored this mod will force people to use ee3 if they want to have ae2 emc crafting. Sorry to cause a ruckus :)

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I hear what you are saying. My plan was to try and go through the projecte config and make it have the same values as the default ee3 config. That way there are no exploits out of the box. I understand though that you cant expect really anyone to put that much work into it when it basically flawed at its core. As it is I like it anyways. This way even if projecte is slightly favored this mod will force people to use ee3 if they want to have ae2 emc crafting. Sorry to cause a ruckus :)
I think the issue with this idea is that EE3 allows fractional EMC values, while all emc values in projecte are integers. It makes gettimg everything to match up very difficult.

Last edited:

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Well ee3h helps me modify ee3 too. I can force it to be equal if I have to. But if we are talking about less than one emc difference then that's something I can deal with. On a basic level a quarry is an emc machine if you think about it. There are many ways of making emc. Yes exploits are cheaty but if it's less productive than actual mining I am ok with it. Again each pack is different. I happen to also have magical crops and ex nihilo. Getting something from nothing is easy in my pack. I am crazy don't worry I know this lol :)

XtremeFlash

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for this mod so much! Been waiting for something like this forever and I found it by accident. Downloading atm and I'll give some feedback after playing around!

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Don't assume Project E or EE3 are "more correct" on their EMC values. They both use automatic detection, assume BOTH are the wrong values if they differ, and check to see why. For instance, Compressed Cobblestone should have an EMC/EV of 9, and octuple should have 43,046,721. There are two ways to get bedrockium, and I want to say 3 to get unstable ingots (not mobius ingots... but I can't recall, I always make the explodey kind via the iron/diamond route). I flat-out know that the two methods of bedrockium obtainment are of differing EMC values. Which for a long time caused a very VERY easily exploitable and exceedingly profitable loop.

Ingots are worth 102,888 via their crafting method (4 blocks of quadruple compressed cobble at 6,561 each a total of 26,244, 4 blocks of triple compressed cobble at 729 each for a total of 2,916, and a block of diamond, which is 73,728)
Blocks on the other hand are worth 43,046,721 when obtained through smelted compressed cobble. They can be broken back into ingots. 4,782,969 is not 102,888 :p

It pays to fully understand crafting chains and then make a PERSONAL choice where you want to change things.

Also with any EMC loops (and it is completely impossible to not have an EMC loop/generator with the self-sustaining systems in MC, even if you hand-assigned values to everything after checking with a brute-force supercomputer and a crack team of game testers. Everyone's exploit threshold is different) the problem isn't that you get 1 more EMC... the problem is that you can (relatively) easily feed the EMC into more EMC ad infinitum. AE only exacerbates this problems speed. That is just one of those things any admin utilizing any lossless EMC system must expect to happen. The lossless EMC systems have their issues too, don't think they're perfect :p

Feedback loops are feedback loops. It's why the collector/relay/condenser arrays (called Power Flowers) are OP. You get one, it makes EMC... it makes enough EMC to create another flower in X time. Now you can (with some fudge factor because discreet units and process inefficiencies) make another power flower in 1/2 the original time, then 1/3, and that just keeps getting faster... forever. Incidentally X with a petaled design from ee2 is just under 5 hours disregarding the transport method's costs. Just keep scaling up and eventually you'll hit a point where you can't use the EMC you're generating.