[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing Single Player with ample RAM and a 745 card.

Spikes when shift clicking crafting, that really is all I can find. So if it is affecting single player gaming then it really will affect multiplayer.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
VmTdsvn.jpg

Getting things slowly in order to resume work on the new update~ =)

Jul 29, 2019
Can't wait for the updates!

Is there any way we can get some documentation on what is in the bags? I would love to see exactly how many options there are!

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Can't wait for the updates!

Is there any way we can get some documentation on what is in the bags? I would love to see exactly how many options there are!

I've suggested an in-game Blind Bags Catalog to Caigan before, as pretty much what you're suggesting. Good to see that I'm not the only one with the idea.

Reactions: Pudding01

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way we can get some documentation on what is in the bags?
I'd like to do this, but it'd take a whole lotta time. Mostly cause each blind bag has up to 30 different things in it, and theres over a hundred blind bags at this point x3.

a little typo report, some Legendary blind bag in quest book is named as Legndary blind bag
Hm, do you mean the Legendary Blind Bag of Blind Bags?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Work on modpack has resumed!

Today is going to be a VERY warm day here, and the replacement AC unit still isn't here yet, so my work progress will be fairly slow, but it WILL be ramping up as I get back into the swing of things.

I now have a Trello for the modpack, which is very incomplete with the new set of bugs right now, but you can keep an eye on it here : https://trello.com/b/6ads8Xkg/the-ferret-business

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Bro. It is super laggy on Mac.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
What settings do you have? How much RAM allocated to FTB? Java up to date to absolute latest?

Have you tried adding Optifine, or exchanging Fastcraft/Optifine for COFHTweaks?

I also suggested downloading MultiMC, setting the options so it can see your FTB modpack directory, and having it import the modpack into it.

maxweinbach5

Jul 29, 2019
I have 6 gb allocated and I use multimc. I use the newest java and the newest ultra if optifine.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I have 6 gb allocated
Drop it down to 4 maximum. Some computers have issues running modded minecraft at anything above 4, while others have no issues.

You can also try disabling JourneyMap and FastCraft and seeing if that helps (FastCraft helps most people, but some folks have issues with it. Same with optifine.)

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
Drop the 6 down to 4. 6 seems like a shit load. More is not better all the time.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
Minor thing with the epic blind bag: it claims to give rewards from either the Good or Amazing tier, but I've gotten single Cheap bibliocraft or BoP bags out of them.

The chunkloading settings seem odd to me. They make sense for servers, but in single player chunkloading is very much a meta-game concept and should be more or less free. It's especially vital if you're going to do any RFTools stuff, since you need to keep the dimension that you're visiting powered, and it will run out in a hurry if you've set any kind of specific material generation. The only other config that I've changed for myself is purely an interface thing: making mekanism machines display RF instead of J.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Minor thing with the epic blind bag: it claims to give rewards from either the Good or Amazing tier, but I've gotten single Cheap bibliocraft or BoP bags out of them.
Odd, I'll look through the rewards, I'm going to guess I accidently have a few tagged in the wrong tier.

The chunkloading settings seem odd to me.
One thing I want to do post 0.1.1 update is get a set of configs useable for semi-public servers vs single player available.

Jul 29, 2019
Awesomely enough, I got a legendary Extra utilities Blind Bag from a Basic Blind Bag I got from a mob!

64x Ender Generator. Eats through Ender Pearls like candy but man it sure helps with quick energy boosts.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
And I'm just sitting here with my free 64x Nether Star generator I'm trying to figure out how to fuel effectively.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Do what I do. Kill a stack worth of withers at a time.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Ehh, yeah, I could do that, but I don't have the infrastructure to handle that much power (or virutally any power) and I generally prefer my generators to run on their own, so I'd have to have a Wither killer set up at some point.