The Langoliers ModPack [JamPacked2] [Release] [v1.0.1] [Curse]

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just editing my "getting started with forestry and real beehives" episode (probably have two episodes left).

My biggest suggestion for improvement, if you are looking to go to release: First, I did not even realize until I saw FunshineX use it that you had Steve's factory manager in there. If that is supposed to be the automation controller, then please have some quests in there to make you aware of it.

Second, if the resources are going to run around automated sieves -- which it really looks like it does -- then please, PLEASE, for the love of player sanity, make getting automated sieves the focus of an early quest line. Even if (or perhaps, best if) you just give out the "what's needed to make them, and to make what's needed to power them". I really, more than you know, cannot stand the whole "Brainless hold down the right mouse button for several minutes", excessively repetitive manual sieving. At least the manual hammering is made easier by veinminer, but showing a way to fully automate the cobblegen to automatic hammering to automatic sieving -- even if you just get people to the "auto-sieve of gravel" stage, and let them add in the auto-sirve of sand and dust.

Third, is the sieving of stone for oreberry bushes and decorative stone your addition, or is that native? Sieving cobble, rather than smoothstone, makes a lot more sense, just like sieving crushed netherrack makes more sense than sieving solid netherrack. (Although, you could say that crushed netherrack is nether gravel ...)

EDIT: SAG mill? I've never even heard of that, and the mouseover didn't identify the mod ... (Funshine's Ep 5)

Last edited:

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
SAG mill is part of ender io mod. And it is much better than a pulverizer imho.

The only problem with it is that it does not make dust in any form. It DOES make sand from cobble much faster than a pulverizer. It also outputs bonus sand and/or gravel during the process. So you will get a little siftable material to play with while waiting for the pulverizer to ever so slowly make sand into dust.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Oh wow. Ancient Warfare's current version is 104 (that's from mid May); even early May had version 98. The version in this pack is 83, from December.

Bworms1980

Jul 29, 2019
When I try to attach a fluiduct to a smeltery drain, the game crashes and I can't load the map again. Every time I try to open it the game crashes.

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
When I try to attach a fluiduct to a smeltery drain, the game crashes and I can't load the map again. Every time I try to open it the game crashes.
Welcome to my world. There is something seriously wrong with the fluiducts but I'm damned if I can find it.

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
whenever the newest version appears on the curse or ftb launcher, i'll try to move my save to it. Hopefully an updated pack will allow my save to load.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
... what? Steves Factory Manager does WHAT?!?

So I had thought:
1. The TiC pouring of liquids was a function of the faucet, that checked for a valid drain and a valid table/basin.
2. You can automate the pouring into a basin/table (redstone)
3. You can remove from the basin/rable (hopper/other item removal)

What actually happens, after FunshineX's #5:
1. The TiC "pouring" is a function of the drain (faucet optional)
2. You can use an SFM cable to pull liquids out of the drain
3. The "basin" can be anywhere.

EDIT: this probably belongs in the SFM thread, not here.

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
When trying to start with my old save, the console stops---everything stops---with the msg "Attempting to load JABBA data". Anyone else?

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
it will let me load a completely new world. the langoliers are a lot faster now. i made 3 new worlds and they were totally eaten before I could make it to the tree

rafacost3d

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just editing my "getting started with forestry and real beehives" episode (probably have two episodes left).

My biggest suggestion for improvement, if you are looking to go to release: First, I did not even realize until I saw FunshineX use it that you had Steve's factory manager in there. If that is supposed to be the automation controller, then please have some quests in there to make you aware of it.

Second, if the resources are going to run around automated sieves -- which it really looks like it does -- then please, PLEASE, for the love of player sanity, make getting automated sieves the focus of an early quest line. Even if (or perhaps, best if) you just give out the "what's needed to make them, and to make what's needed to power them". I really, more than you know, cannot stand the whole "Brainless hold down the right mouse button for several minutes", excessively repetitive manual sieving. At least the manual hammering is made easier by veinminer, but showing a way to fully automate the cobblegen to automatic hammering to automatic sieving -- even if you just get people to the "auto-sieve of gravel" stage, and let them add in the auto-sirve of sand and dust.

Third, is the sieving of stone for oreberry bushes and decorative stone your addition, or is that native? Sieving cobble, rather than smoothstone, makes a lot more sense, just like sieving crushed netherrack makes more sense than sieving solid netherrack. (Although, you could say that crushed netherrack is nether gravel ...)

EDIT: SAG mill? I've never even heard of that, and the mouseover didn't identify the mod ... (Funshine's Ep 5)
Hello keybounce!
Lets, go:
First: SFM is not the only way to automate with this pack, nor it's the default way, there are many others mods opencomputers robots, ancient warefare, the player is free to choose. There's no right or wrong path...
Second: Automated Sieves are early game, on both storylines. You just have to finish the power quest.
Third: I didnt change anything at sieving process, It's all ex-nihilo, and ex-astris default.

SAG mill - Ender IO Mod

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
A suggestion, if I may. Use minetweaker to add alternate recipes for pistons and shears made from aluminum. I'm piling a lot of this stuff up and it has no real use outside of aluminum brass for the casts. Whereas if you add the aforementioned recipes it finds a use that doesnt really effect game play just because, by the time you get aluminum, you are already getting iron anyway.

Reactions: rafacost3d

rafacost3d

Jul 29, 2019
A suggestion, if I may. Use minetweaker to add alternate recipes for pistons and shears made from aluminum. I'm piling a lot of this stuff up and it has no real use outside of aluminum brass for the casts. Whereas if you add the aforementioned recipes it finds a use that doesnt really effect game play just because, by the time you get aluminum, you are already getting iron anyway.
Great idea!!! Will surely do!! Thanks!!

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
crashed again with sfm trying to connect auto crafter to output. now rewatching funshinex to see if i did something wrong

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
i don't know what it is. breaks on attaching crafter to either input or output. any assistance would be greatly appreciated.