Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I'm trying to get the hang of Curse Voice, since the future will be there, but I can't seem to figure how to add Optifine.

How do I add a mod that is out of the modpack and does not appear on the Curse list?
I'm trying to get the hang of Curse Voice, since the future will be there, but I can't seem to figure how to add Optifine.

How do I add a mod that is out of the modpack and does not appear on the Curse list?

You can right-click on the profile icon. When the screen changes you'll see a small square button with the label "..." (no quotes) click that.

The window that pops up will have a switch to lock/unlock the profile. Make sure this is unlocked. Click the "Back" button.

At that point you can copy the mod file just like you normally would. Just be warned you will have to re-add it after every pack update. The directory, unless you didn't use the default, is /Documents/Curse/Minecraft/Instances/[Pack (profile) Name]/Mods

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
My FTB Direwolf20 1.7.10 world file is at 1.3gb and when compressed is at about 450mb. I would like to upload this to a server I am running but the limit is 100mb for a file that is to be uploaded. How can I shrink the world size? I tried using McEdit to remove chunks but it didn't allow me to open the world due to the fact that Biomes 'o' Plenty is installed. Does anyone know or have a way around this?
If so please let me know!
Thanks

If you zip up the individual directories under the save file like region it should work. Just make sure you also zip of the files in the save directory as well. Then reconstruct it on the server.,

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
How to get thaumic restorer research on the last thaumcraft version?

There are some of my researchs:
Sin_t_tulo.jpg

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
see if it is here - Thauminc tinkerer tab > gaseous illuminae > hyper-energetic nitor > Essentia Funnel > Thaumic Restorer.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure someone else has mentioned this but I remember us talking about it. We were hoping Direwolf20 would do an rf tools spot light. Now he is. So excited lol

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I'm planning to use Cursed Earth for me Blood Altar, and I'm afraid it'll spread like taint, based on what I saw when I harvested it.

Does it spread to blocks that are next to it or does it have a range above 1? I'm planning on encansing it with glass above, and non-dirt around and below.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
I'm planning to use Cursed Earth for me Blood Altar, and I'm afraid it'll spread like taint, based on what I saw when I harvested it.

Does it spread to blocks that are next to it or does it have a range above 1? I'm planning on encansing it with glass above, and non-dirt around and below.
It only spreads to dirt and grass (and mycelium maybe) the same way grass spreads. So one block horizontally but up to 5 vertically. So that means if you have dirt close enough but there's a solid block on top it won't spread there.

Reactions: Ashendale

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
It only spreads to dirt and grass (and mycelium maybe) the same way grass spreads. So one block horizontally but up to 5 vertically. So that means if you have dirt close enough but there's a solid block on top it won't spread there.
Thanks

Edit: do mobs only spawn on the block, or adjacent as well?

Last edited:

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I have a charger and a vibration chamber and I need to use one to power the other. How?
Place the vibration chamber either on top of the charger or beneath it. Insert fuel. :p
Personally, I would recommend using the Energy Acceptor if you have any other tech mods; coal power isn't particularly sustainable in the long run, but there's a lot more variety with RF or MJ or EU. :)

deathangelkiller

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, so I am have trouble getting the Forestry backpack's config to work, I set it so the adventurers backpack can hold all other bags, also I added Rib Bone from reliquary to the hunters backpack, but for some reason the configs aren't working. I am using FTB Resurrection 1.7.10. Also take note I have tired it without the end semi-colon and it didn't work.
Snip of my config:
b87d082cc59b4d3e017728178056b8fa.png

Last edited:

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, so I am have trouble getting the Forestry backpack's config to work, I set it so the adventurers backpack can hold all other bags, also I added Rib Bone from reliquary to the hunters backpack, but for some reason the configs aren't working. I am using FTB Resurrection 1.7.10. Also take note I have tired it without the end semi-colon and it didn't work.
Snip of my config:
View attachment 20245
In 1.7.10 Item ID's are no longer really used. You need to put in the item name such as Reliquary:Bone.Rib, this name can be most easily found by holding the item in your hand and typing /mt hand in chat

Zebeleizis

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get N.E.I. to hide recipes using the Ti.Co. smeltery? i.e. like Industrialcraft hides the UU-matter recipes.